CVO 110" Combustion Chamber Volume and Valve sizes : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson CVO
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 05:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

alakso wants to know Dino or Syn?
CVO 110" Combustion Chamber Volume and Valve sizes

Does anyone know the Combustion Chamber Volume and Valve sizes for the CVO 110" Heads?
alakso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2008, 12:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

skyhook wants to know Dino or Syn?
93cc...2.08 in...1.63 ex...too big for anything less than 117 imo...pulled mine and sold em at 100 mi
Old 11-24-2008, 02:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
<><

PR3VS56 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhook View Post
93cc...2.08 in...1.63 ex...too big for anything less than 117 imo...pulled mine and sold em at 100 mi
Saw your mods in your profile. What's that bringing to your rear wheel?

'05 FLTRI, totaled 10/17/08.
105tq/107hp

'00 FLHRCI, sold.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Fruit of the Spirit

Living under God's grace. Forgiven, not perfect.
PR3VS56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2008, 06:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Moneygreen

arealinvestor wants to know where he is and how he got here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alakso View Post
Does anyone know the Combustion Chamber Volume and Valve sizes for the CVO 110" Heads?
What year bike are we speaking off????

2010 Ultra Classic Hot Rod Built & Tuned by JD's
BB & Baisley Hybrid Heads with man/Comp releases
Axtell Pistons & Cylinders set with high comp,Big CCP
Darkhorse Stroker Crank,balanced,plugged & welded
Woods A/C kit & Lifters
T-Man gear crank set
High Flow HPI Inj & BB TBW Throttle body
D&D Boarzilla (perforated baffle)
Lenale cooling fan
Jagg 10 row oil cooler
K&P engineering oil filter
To much more to list!!!!!!
arealinvestor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2008, 07:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

115hp/115tq sae 5th gear dj250 pump gas no tricks

arealinverstor, cvo 110's are '07 to '09...'09 may have some minor changes, but basically the same head
Old 11-24-2008, 07:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Moneygreen

Quote:

Hook, Why would you think the valves & Chamber volume are to big???

Woods A/C kit & Lifters
T-Man gear crank set
Lenale cooling fan
Jagg 10 row oil cooler
Old 11-24-2008, 05:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Thanks for everyones input.

I have an '08 96" FXDF Dyna that I'm upgrading to some where between 110"-117" c.i. depending on the reliability of these bore sizes. The reason I'm inquiring about SE 110 Heads is because I want to build a "SE Sleeper Motor" using SE 110 heads with Baisley Headwork and Axtell Cyls.. I'll tell everyone it's a SE 110" motor when it might be an Axtell 117" "Mountain Motor", or my own 110" or 113" "Wolverine Motor" with Baisley Head Work and Axtell Cyls.. I'm exchanging emails with Mr. Baisley about how to accomplish my goals.

I appreciate everyones help!!
Old 11-24-2008, 06:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

the valves and ports are huge...bad for velocity...bad for lowrange torque...ya know, the stuff 99% of h-d riders want...when bubba whacks the throttle at 2000 rpm and the motor bogs, he gonna be pissed!!!!!!...me, I don't mind keeping the revs above 3000 'cause I know that's where the motor is most efficient...also like longer cams 'cause I want my powerband 4000 to 6000

edit: alakso I wasn't directing that at you...I meant most riders...I'm sure dan will hook you up!!!

Last edited by skyhook; 11-24-2008 at 06:36 PM.
skyhook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2008, 06:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

claydbal is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alakso View Post
Thanks for everyones input.

I have an '08 96" FXDF Dyna that I'm upgrading to some where between 110"-117" c.i. depending on the reliability of these bore sizes. The reason I'm inquiring about SE 110 Heads is because I want to build a "SE Sleeper Motor" using SE 110 heads with Baisley Headwork and Axtell Cyls.. I'll tell everyone it's a SE 110" motor when it might be an Axtell 117" "Mountain Motor", or my own 110" or 113" "Wolverine Motor" with Baisley Head Work and Axtell Cyls.. I'm exchanging emails with Mr. Baisley about how to accomplish my goals.

I appreciate everyones help!!
you gonna spend lots of money to put that motor to sleep. did Dan Baisley mention the word "welding" LOLOLOL
claydbal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2008, 03:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Skyhook: No offense taken my friend.
I also tend to turn a few more RPM's while riding so I can stay in my powerband for quick roll-ons without downshifting. Actually I'd like to have 200-300 more RPM at all speeds so I'm considering changing to an Andrews 30 tooth Trans. sprocket. I'm also installing a tach on my bike so I can see what RPM's I actually ride at with this 6-Speed Trans. and where I want my Torque Band.

Claydbal: Yes my friend Professional TC Head Work and Hi-Perf. engine parts cost some serious cash, but that is the nature of the Beast. HP and TQ cost money and the more you want the more it costs. That's why it's super important for me to get my engine build right the first time. And with Mr. Baisley's help I'm sure I'll be more than happy with the results.
It also seems to me that any High Flow/High Velocity Professional TC porting job will involve welding to shape and build-up the ports for porting. But as mentioned in another thread it's probably easier for the porter to rework some heads than some other heads. Read more expensive!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 06:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

consider RRCYCLE cast or billet heads. dan baisley does great work, and his STD heads are outstanding, BUT--------for around the same you can have rr billet!! just a thought. afterLL, whats 2-3 hp, and which build can rev fastrer? i whip high dollar builds on a regular basis because their numbers ar eimpressive, but if it takes 10 minutes to spool up, big deal. if i were gonna lay doen big bucks, i would be studying bikes in the real world, not on paper.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
<><

PR3VS56 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by claydbal View Post
consider RRCYCLE cast or billet heads. dan baisley does great work, and his STD heads are outstanding, BUT--------for around the same you can have rr billet!! just a thought. afterLL, whats 2-3 hp, and which build can rev fastrer? i whip high dollar builds on a regular basis because their numbers ar eimpressive, but if it takes 10 minutes to spool up, big deal. if i were gonna lay doen big bucks, i would be studying bikes in the real world, not on paper.

Are you comparing hp vs tq?

'05 FLTRI, totaled 10/17/08.
105tq/107hp

'00 FLHRCI, sold.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Fruit of the Spirit

Living under God's grace. Forgiven, not perfect.
PR3VS56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2008, 08:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
IronButt

kinda agree with claydbal...there are cheaper cnc ported heads with 1.94 intake and 1.63 exhaust...these will rev quick and satisfy 99% of folks

and on the flipside...latus motors in oregon has a large dyno library...in there are several cvo 110 motors with baisley headwork...they are pretty impressive
Old 11-26-2008, 09:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

last ppost wasnt comparing builders or heads, i was talking about cost and effect. a high output motor on paper can be a slug on asphalt. i was suggesting getting out in the streets, go to the strip, see who has the pwer and where, ask around.

example: take $8000, build a 110 by one builder
117 by another
124 by another.............etc:

that was your only $8000, so you are stuck with your choice. did you make the right decision?
Old 11-26-2008, 09:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
Moneygreen

Quote:
the valves and ports are huge...bad for velocity...bad for lowrange torque...ya know, the stuff 99% of h-d riders want...when bubba whacks the throttle at 2000 rpm and the motor bogs, he gonna be pissed!!!!!!...me, I don't mind keeping the revs above 3000 'cause I know that's where the motor is most efficient...also like longer cams 'cause I want my powerband 4000 to 6000

edit: alakso I wasn't directing that at you...I meant most riders...I'm sure dan will hook you up!!!
I don't know if all this talk about big valves is accurate?? Baisley Hybrid heads use a big intake valve either a 2.05 or a 2.15.The exhuast is also big at 1.71!!!! His heads make a whole lot of HP & TQ.So what would be the difference in using SE heads with the huge valves??? Now maybe it could be the velocity at which they flow that might make the SE heads bad???You can always send the SE heads to Baisley & let him clean up the ports so they flow more velocity. It's the total package that helps air flow.SE cams lack lift & lift & duration effects cylinder fill.Most of their cams lack lift to allow proper cylinder fill.I don't think it's necessarily the valves being to big,but more so the ports, causing bad velocity.The SE cams lack proper lift & we all know the cams are the controller of the air flow!!!!

Woods A/C kit & Lifters
T-Man gear crank set
Lenale cooling fan
Jagg 10 row oil cooler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.