110 to 113 Cubic Inch??? : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Harley-Davidson CVO
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2007, 05:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

hogger911 wants to know Dino or Syn?
110 to 113 Cubic Inch???

Hey guys as it says, what does it take to do this, New Pistons and a bore job? What brand of pistons etc. Anything as to know??
hogger911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2007, 12:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

compressor#v wants to know Dino or Syn?
The cases would have to be bored for the bigger cylinders, and you'd have to purchase cylinders/pistons, and either HTCC or 103+ heads. And I would advise a Timken conversion while you have the cases apart. Your 110 would come alive with having your heads ported, along with cams and pipe that would compliment the port job.
compressor#v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Piece of Work

beasttd wants to know Dino or Syn?
Stay away from the SE 113, they are having problems with it. I agree with compressor. Port your heads, get a good set of cams and a pipe. You will be much better off.

beasttd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

hogger, I gave you a bit of mis-information. H-D does have 4.060" pistons that will fit your heads. However you will have to machine your cases as I stated earlier. Apologize for any confusion I may have created.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

SNUFFY wants to know Dino or Syn?
if you use the se 113 cyl make sure you mic the bores before you open the pistons pkg
all 3 sets of cyl i used this last winter were junk from the start
i had to bore the new cyl to get a strait hole and 5 over pistons were a bear to get
do the crank bearing up grade wile the case,s are beeing bored
and have the crank trued and pined or welded
the three i did were all 103 cvo to 113 builds
using the cvo heads ported with stock valves

115 tourq and 126 hp
SNUFFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

yea snuffy, my 4.060" cylinders were out of round. Now I know why Axtells and others cost more.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

HDWRENCH wants to know Dino or Syn?
We have been doing a large amount of work on the CVO 110 engines here in the last year. Many upgrades have stemmed from the leaking heads gaskets. We weld the heads and combustion chamber, add a cam and lapp the cylinder bases. Check cylinders for out of round or taper and overall kits make in the high teens hp/tq with slip on exhaust systems. The 110 engine has a great amount of power to be unleashed with the correct work done to it.

We have done several in the last two months for timken/ and crank upgrades as the customer is tired of his factory warranty that is worthless as they will replace the bad crank with the same item.

That would be the definiton of insanity doing the same thing over and over thinking you will get different results!!!!

Two have brand new engines from HD that failed in less than 5K on both of the engines,...both had the same problems they had to start with. So the customers bike is done for several weeks at a time while they still make the payments to only end up with another bad engine??

There are fixes but nothing that the harley shop can help you with.
HDWRENCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement