110th Anniversary in Milwaukee : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Upcoming Events (Local and National/International) > Harley Davidson 110th Anniversary Talk
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

stratfxdl wants to know Dino or Syn?
110th Anniversary in Milwaukee

Yesterday I made my hotel reservations for the 110th Anniversary Celebration in Milwaukee in August 2013. It's a long way off but I wanted to get something downtown and they may fill up fast. Anyone else planning to be there?
1996 Harley Davidson 1200C sold
1966 Honda 160CL sold
stratfxdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

smitty901 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratfxdl View Post
Yesterday I made my hotel reservations for the 110th Anniversary Celebration in Milwaukee in August 2013. It's a long way off but I wanted to get something downtown and they may fill up fast. Anyone else planning to be there?
Sense I live just out side Milwaukee chances are good I will be there. A few I know from out of town will be coming and staying here.
No real reason to stay in those high dollar downtown places the good rates at Collage ave near the airport and are not that far from museum. besides most of the great times during the day are at area dealer ships they put on some good party's.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

SGT_MUDFLAP wants to know Dino or Syn?
The wife asked me about this last night. Told her no, its over rated. But if your up here go to Mustang Shelly's on W. National. Good bar with great food. Or you can go on a Miller Tour. Its free and they give you free beer at the end Lots of good back roads too.
06 Ultra Classic looken like a Street Glide. 95", Andrews 26N, D&D Fatcat, PCIII, Deweys Heads, Southern Oregon HotBike Hydraulic Automatic Primary Chain Tensioner, 18" Street Glide front wheel, Willie G Skull Collection and alot of other stuff....

Last edited by SGT_MUDFLAP; 02-10-2012 at 08:56 PM.
SGT_MUDFLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

When HD throws a party in Milwaukee you can have a great time without going broke. Don't get me wrong if you want to go broke it is easy to do.
There are events every where many you can attend free. I do not enjoy the big event so I avoid that .
Dealers like Hales and House of Harley put on a good shows live bands. If you just want to bust out for a ride there are a lot of options. for the most part the City treats you right for the 3 or 4 days.
heading in to Miller park for the ride in 105th.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
DILLIGAF

berserker is still riding a stock bike berserker is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty901 View Post
When HD throws a party in Milwaukee you can have a great time without going broke.
Ya cause they run out of beer. I went to the 105th. I heard the 100th was awful ran out of everything.

Not sure if Harley is to cheap to pay for help, or Harley riders are pigs, but the summerfest grounds were a pig stye. The few other events I went to at summerfest grounds, were not so dirty.
Sometimes I think its a sin, when I feel like I am winning when I am losing again.-GL
2001 FLHR, 98"
2007 FLHTCU
berserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
I haven't seen your bird.

MadCity is reading this now saying WTF is this?
This thread brings me back to the 100th anniversary ride. I wasn't in it because I didn't own a bike at the time. But my wife and I were driving to Chicago via Milwaukee during the "Ride Home" celebration. We drove through Milwaukee and got passed by hundreds of Harley-Davidson motorcycles. I was bitten. I bought my bike in November of that year.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

LowRiderCustom wants to know Dino or Syn?
I live nearby and went to the 105th and I had a great time. I saw a lot of good bands, Foghat, ZZ Top, War and Springsteen. So I'll probably go to the 110th since it takes me less than an hour to get there and I enjoyed the last one they had. Anyone hear what bands will be there?
LowRiderCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

Skywarrior wants to know Dino or Syn?
I am making plans to be there, was at the 105th. I plan on breaking 100k on my 03 FXST on the way there or before.
Skywarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
IronButt

Events like the upcoming 110th In Milwaukee have a lot to offer anyone. Weather you ride in for one day or the whole thing.
It is not just for the drinking . I an on of those that don't drink just not for me and have always had great times at these events.
If you have never made it to the ride in if you can it is an amazing ride to be a part of.
If your looking at coming Milwaukee is and easy town to get in and out or North South and West so you do not have to stay right in Milwaukee.
If you look at the numbers the events never seem to have trouble unlike many others .
For a few days the home of Hd shakes from the sound of Harley.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
IronButt

Kool-Aid wants to know Dino or Syn?
Yep. Never been there, so gonna give it a shot. Watching for posts of any tips for "do and don'ts." Usually ride alone or with a small group of friends (5-8 bikes). We take turns planning rides each summer. Last Labor Day was my choice. We road East across Iowa to Poopy's in Il (it rained the whole day-musta drank a gallon of rain water that day) , then along the Great River Road North to LaCrosse WI. Had a great time in LaCrosse, and wanting to get back that way again.
Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool-Aid View Post
Yep. Never been there, so gonna give it a shot. Watching for posts of any tips for "do and don'ts." Usually ride alone or with a small group of friends (5-8 bikes). We take turns planning rides each summer. Last Labor Day was my choice. We road East across Iowa to Poopy's in Il (it rained the whole day-musta drank a gallon of rain water that day) , then along the Great River Road North to LaCrosse WI. Had a great time in LaCrosse, and wanting to get back that way again.
The west side of Wisconsin a great place to ride.
At the southern end cross over to Iowa visit Pikes peek state park what a view of the river.
110th in Milwaukee review your budget lodging can be had a fair prices if you stay a few miles away. Free bands at many local dealers. so you do not have to go broke at shows.
Plan to ride the downtown and lake. Milwaukee is not a Big city and lots of ways to get around the long lines of bikes. They get really lax on parking so you will see many no parking sign covered up.
Any question ask I live near Milwaukee and office is just down the road from HD museum.
Don't know everything but do know the area.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
DILLIGAF

I personally wouldn't stay in city, except for drinking and riding. The Summerfest grounds do have shuttles for Summerfest, not sure about 110th.

I think going north is best, you get to smaller towns faster, then west. When I say north, I mean 30 minutes. The north side of Milwaukee is the inner city and crime area, south side too.

As for the riding, I guess it is a matter of perspective, but SE WI is either city or farms. West side of the state and north is better riding, atleast to me. The northern Kettle Moraine is nice though.
Sometimes I think its a sin, when I feel like I am winning when I am losing again.-GL
2001 FLHR, 98"
2007 FLHTCU
Old 02-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

87Redsled wants to know Dino or Syn?
i went to the 95th and the 100th. a lot of fun, most of the surrounding towns have parties and all the dealerships have bbq's,bands throughout the day. We camped out by Waukesha about 20miles from downtown. My main suggestion would be to see the surrounding area, Great River Road that Kool-Aid mentioned is a great suggestion-( we enjoyed grilled onion burgers in Prairie Du Chien ).
87Redsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
IronButt

Kool-Aid wants to know Dino or Syn?
The metal bridge at Lansing should be a "last resort" when considering travel options IMO. The on and off sections are about a 30 drgree angle and dam dangerous to stop at the end, especially if wet. There is also a metal bridge between Iowa and Savanna Il. It is fairly level, but at the East exit (into Il) there is only about 20 feet or so before a stop sign. The cross traffic does not have to stop and has poor visibility of those comming off of the bridge. There is a "small" town called New Diggings, located ~20 miles East of DuBuque that is a cool stop for burgers and liquidation
Not much else there, we didn't get gas so not sure if any was available.
Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
DILLIGAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCity View Post
This thread brings me back to the 100th anniversary ride. I wasn't in it because I didn't own a bike at the time. But my wife and I were driving to Chicago via Milwaukee during the "Ride Home" celebration. We drove through Milwaukee and got passed by hundreds of Harley-Davidson motorcycles. I was bitten. I bought my bike in November of that year.
Similar for me. I layed my Honda down in morning commute in Milwaukee doing about 85, shortly after moving to WI. Wasn't sure if I was going to ride again.

Though at that time I paid my truck off and was looking at classifieds for a Harley. Tons of bikes roaring by for the 100th. Went to the UP for Labor Day weekend, saw a bike I liked, and picked it up the next weekend.

Though Harley riders suck in traffic. They are slow and side by side creates a traffic jam. The cars coming the opposite way and the lane next to the riders has to slow down and move over.

Then you got the assholes, doing the speed limit in the left lane. A vast majority of Harley riders are assholes on the road. I have come across so many that are maybe doing a little over the speed limit, in the left lane or blocking blocking both lanes, with cars backed up behind them.

I like talking bikes with guys, but wish they would stay off the road. Its not like it would be that hard for some of them.
2001 FLHR, 98"
2007 FLHTCU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement