110th Anniversary in Milwaukee - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Upcoming Events (Local and National/International) > Harley Davidson 110th Anniversary Talk
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
IronButt

Kool-Aid wants to know Dino or Syn?
Good to hear you ended up healthy and back on your feet berserker. As the story goes..there's two kind of bikers, those that have laid a bike down, and those that are gonna. I like to think the experience makes a safer rider, but one still has to be able to ride with more confidence then caution or problems will arise sooner or late.
IMO, once you've been down it's a journey to get back on and ride, unless you absolutly .
Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

LowRiderCustom wants to know Dino or Syn?
I have plenty of experience laying down my dirt bike, so I'm extra cautious on the street.

I hope to be in the 3rd category, those that never will. So far so good after 30+ years....
LowRiderCustom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 09:12 AM   #18 (permalink)
FNG :)

lil_horns wants to know Dino or Syn?
Hey everyone, I live and work in Milwaukee. When making reservations please ask about a HOG discount or make sure you mention the rally. A ton of hotels are giving special rates.

When I know more I will post something up!!!
lil_horns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2012, 08:23 PM   #19 (permalink)

Mbarz wants to know Dino or Syn?
I planned on going to the 110, I missed the 105. Never been there, and since I live in Mich, was thinking on taking the ferry over the lake. Not sure if I want to go around Chicago. I would like to get as much info as I can before I go. Trying to decide on which place to stay first. I will probably get something close to the museum. Hey smitty any ideas let me know.
Power Vision Tuner
Mbarz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #20 (permalink)

Craigpv2d wants to know Dino or Syn?
110th Anniversary camping?

Does anyone know if they will have the "Riders Ranch" again at Waukesha Expo? I haven't seen any info about it.
Craigpv2d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #21 (permalink)
IronButt

smitty901 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbarz View Post
I planned on going to the 110, I missed the 105. Never been there, and since I live in Mich, was thinking on taking the ferry over the lake. Not sure if I want to go around Chicago. I would like to get as much info as I can before I go. Trying to decide on which place to stay first. I will probably get something close to the museum. Hey smitty any ideas let me know.
Yes book soon.
Any lodging on the West side of Milwaukee would be good. Lot of price range to chose from.
Also easy to get to the dealers that all have great events going on . Then straight shot into Museum or down town.
Other option would be Collage AVE area, Airport.
Lot of fair priced motels around.
Even if you were to stay as far out as Watertown still only an hour straight in.
Iron horse is right next door but way over priced and not worth it.
Keep in mind a lot of the good times that will not run you broke at HD events are at the main dealers . They have bands and events that are for the most part free.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:46 AM   #22 (permalink)
IronButt

More on Milwaukee and the 110th.
Milwaukee unlike other big Motorcycle events is a place you can come and not go broke. You can make it a very affordable trip.
This is one time LEO will give you a lot of room, if you aren't getting to stupid they will not mess with you. However drinking and riding, don't get caught they will hang you.
The city has a lot of places to eat that are affordable prices go up the farther out you go.
Any where you want to go can be reached many different ways, so if you do not want to sit in a long line of bikes it can be avoided for the most part.
Hockey pucks are laying all over but maybe good to have your own you will be parking on grass from time to time.
Lake front Marina area is great and generally cooler on hot days.
Places to party a bit with low or no cost
About 20-30 minutes out of town nice easy ride to cool off straight shot West
Wisconsin Harley-Davidson®
1280 Blue Ribbon Drive
Oconomowoc, WI 53066
Phone: 262.569.8500

Just west of town short ride always good stuff going on
Hal's Harley-Davidson®
1925 S. Moorland Road
New Berlin, Wi 53151
Phone: 800.966.4443

Warning may not fit everyone's taste
Oh this place knows how to party do not bring the KIDs.
North of town
Milwaukee Harley-Davidson
11310 W. Silver Spring Road Milwaukee WI 53225
Phone: 414-461-4444

Well east of town Oldest HD dealer in the State
Uke's Harley Davidson
5995 120th Ave (I-94)
Kenosha, WI 53144
Phone: 262-857-8537
Toll Free Phone: 888-290-8890

House of Harley
6221 W. Layton Ave
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
414-282-2211
877-518-4643

All of these dealers will do their best to get you up and running should you have a problem. Over the years I have seen how good they can be.
Hal's even helped get a friend from out of town Yamaha back on the road when Yamaha could not be bothered.( He now owns a Harley)
Dealers offer quick in out oil change and tire service also.
I do not work for any of these dealer or HD in anyway I have done business with everyone of these dealers and have no issue with any of them.
This is not just a Motorcycle event This is a Harley event.
And that picture of the Orange RG at the 105th was not me and I am sticking to the story.

Last edited by smitty901; 09-21-2012 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Spelling I was a soldier noty english major
smitty901 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2012, 09:39 PM   #23 (permalink)

Mbarz wants to know Dino or Syn?
110th

I have been trying to get a hotel for the 110th for 2 months and still have not had any luck. I guess I will keep on trying. There were some high price deals since someone canceled, but I could not see spending 4 to 5 hundred a night. Anyone else have any ideas.
Power Vision Tuner
Mbarz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #24 (permalink)
IronButt

Start with these if they don't work yell I will list some more. These are normal visit ball park prices no way they be near what you quoted many will even take reservations this far out
La Quinta Inn Milwaukee Glendale Hampton Ave
2.5 stars
5110 N Port Washington Rd, (772), Glendale, WI, 53217 United States ‎866-539-0036‎ |

Not to far if you call you can get rates as low as 59.00 nice place
Americas Best Value Inn Milwaukee
1.5 stars
1716 W Layton Ave, Milwaukee, WI, 53221 United States ‎866-539-0036‎ | welcomerewards™

Not far away the rooms were not as nice as the pictures last Time I was there but you can call and work on a price below 60 dollars.
Super 8 Milwaukee Airport Wi
2 stars
5253 S Howell Ave, Milwaukee, WI, 53207 United States ‎866-539-0036‎

Not far around 60 dollars if you work a deal list is higher was ok last time I was there.
Days Inn Milwaukee Airport
2 stars
1201 W College Ave, Oak Creek, WI, 53221 United States ‎866-539-0036‎ | welcomerewards™

Work a deal seen rooms at 50 dollars it was a good place to stay last time I was there
Red Roof Inn Milwaukee Airport
2 stars
6360 S 13th St, Oak Creek, WI, 53154 United States ‎866-539-0036‎
Not bad not new but you can work a deal with them 60 dollar range.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #25 (permalink)

Craigpv2d wants to know Dino or Syn?
110th tent and RV camping

The members at the Delafield, WI Legion Post 196 are considering opening up our grounds and facilities to campers for the 110th. We are located about 25 miles West of the lakefront very near I-94. We could provide power/ water, hard surface and grass parking, regular bathrooms, wi-fi, a temporary shower, as well as having our Post open most of the time anyway. We have about 6 acres available. We have food and adult beverages in the Post. We could do a mix of tent and trailer/RV camping depending on demand. We have a strong contingent of Legion Riders at our Post. We have a baseball diamond, volleyball court, horseshoe pits, playground for the kids, an outdoor pavillion with picnic tables, a lighted parking lot, and quick, easy access to the freeway about a mile away.

I have not seen anything about another Riders Ranch campground being setup at the Waukesha Expo grounds like in the past. Of course we would appreciate any donations and would be on a first come first served basis. I suppose we could work out some sort of reservation setup also. We are located at 333 N. Lapham Peak rd., Delafield, WI 53018. You can view our location on Google Earth and other mapping sites. www.Delafieldlegion.com. We would love to hear some feedback on this idea so we can start planning ahead.

Would anyone be interested?
Craig
Choaglund@wi.rr.com
Craigpv2d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #26 (permalink)

elderberry99 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Being from NC, I don't think I will be able to ride in... I would love to be there for the celebration though. Don't think it will happen. I am getting the new Anniversary Road King in December and don't think I can afford the trip this time around. The wife is asking me to go to do the factory tour and see the museum in the next year so we will at least be able to do some of the things then. Still wish I could be there for the party!!
elderberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #27 (permalink)
IronButt

FLSTFI Dave wants to know Dino or Syn?
I have reservations at the a hotel by the Airport, the Main Stay Suites.

Plan to ride up from TN. I will be riding my new 13 CVO Anniversary color Road King up from TN, the Wife will be on her street glide.

We were up last year in the UP and stopped by the Musium on or way home. Was on the Road Glide which is what I usually use for long trips.

Hope work does not screw this plan up.

13 CVO Road King Anniversary, #162
12 CVO Road Glide, White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black
03 FLSTFI Silver and Black, now has real fire radical paint set. 95", S&S 570G cams, V&H Big Shot Longs
11 FLHX Street Glide, Purple and black, wifes ride
09 FLSTC Heritage Teal and Antique White, wifes ride
FLSTFI Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2012, 08:45 AM   #28 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSTFI Dave View Post
I have reservations at the a hotel by the Airport, the Main Stay Suites.

Plan to ride up from TN. I will be riding my new 13 CVO Anniversary color Road King up from TN, the Wife will be on her street glide.

We were up last year in the UP and stopped by the Musium on or way home. Was on the Road Glide which is what I usually use for long trips.

Hope work does not screw this plan up.
Nice place and not far to ride in .You may want to look at 13th street to National to 6th as another route in to Museum if interstate is backed up. Most of the road construction should be done by the time you get here.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #29 (permalink)
IronButt

FLSTFI Dave wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty901 View Post
Nice place and not far to ride in .You may want to look at 13th street to National to 6th as another route in to Museum if interstate is backed up. Most of the road construction should be done by the time you get here.
This summer there was lots of Construction between Juno and the Museum.

Close as I could get in the Chain I try to use at a reasonable price.

I'm looking forward to it.

13 CVO Road King Anniversary, #162
12 CVO Road Glide, White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black
03 FLSTFI Silver and Black, now has real fire radical paint set. 95", S&S 570G cams, V&H Big Shot Longs
11 FLHX Street Glide, Purple and black, wifes ride
09 FLSTC Heritage Teal and Antique White, wifes ride
FLSTFI Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 08:11 AM   #30 (permalink)
IronButt

billnourse wants to know Dino or Syn?
Booked in Feb at the Wyndham at the Airport. For the 95th and 100th we were a long way from town and I didn't want to go through that again.

We have had a good time both times we went, though there was a lot of rain for the 95th.

After the party, we plan to go to Virginia and ride the Blueridge Parkway and Dragon before heading back to NM.

Bill
billnourse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.