V-Twin Forum banner

New Bell Revolver

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  curvecarver 
#1 ·
Adding yet another helmet to the collection. Lost count of how many I have but my only other modular developed issues which make it unsafe to use. Just wish I would have found it at this price ($140) a week ago as the temperatures are getting quite cooler next week at about 30 degrees when I leave for work. A full face I can no longer use as I can't get my glasses on or the helmet over them. This has me wearing a flip shield and the cold air that gets in causes my eyes to water, rendering it unsafe. If anyone else has one I wonder how you like it?

#2 ·
What full face helmet have you tried? I've used Arai's for years with glasses, and both Bell and Simpson full face helmets with my race car with no problems.

#3 ·
I can't wrap my head around paying big bucks for the helmets you mention. The Revolver I bought was going for $200 but found a new one open box, hence the discount. Frankly I hate helmets except for when it is cold and affects my vision.

Having totaled 2 Harley's in my life I never scratched a helmet. Dirt bikes a different story. I don't race cars, just ride my bikes and I am good with that. Also good with a helmet that is anti fog, anti scratch and easily allows me to put my glasses off on on. All that for $140.00, $60.00 cheaper than I could find it anywhere else barring some stupid green/red version. No wonder it was cheaper. The one I ordered is black but wish it would have been a lighter color that does not attract so much heat.

#5 ·
I actually paid $139.00 for the Revolver Evo. Was new display without box, hence $60.00 + discount. I had been watching them for quite a while until I found this deal on eBay. It is scheduled to arrive Wednesday so looking forward to getting it. My 4 year old Voss modular did not hold up very well. The reviews I have read, one stated after 4 years still works like new. Had to buy some anti fog spray yesterday just to get me through until the new lid arrives. The Bell supposedly has some permanent anti fog and scratch.

#6 ·
The helmet was here when I got home from work. One of the few (of too many) that fit perfectly without any modification, ie pressing styrofoam to make it fit me just right. Can't wait to ride to work in sub 30 degree weather to see if it holds up to anti fog as one of its several enhanced features I am not used to. The magnet keeper for the excess tab is a nice bonus as opposed to having to find the snap. Shoot, this may become a helmet I wear even when I do not need to keep the cold air out of my eyes!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.