V-Twin Forum banner

Buy a Harley EU-Version in the US?

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Nik00117 
#1 ·
I'm wondering if I could buy a Harley Davidson that was build for the European Market in the US?

I move to Europe in 2014. This way I would not have to change the Speedometer, Lights, Exhaust etc. to make it EU-Spec.

Thanks!

Wolf

#5 ·
What country are you moving too? Europe is a continent not a country and it depends what country you are moving too.

#6 · (Edited)
Germany. A friend of mine bought a BMW X6 with a diesel engine (made in the US for the european market) here in the USA and drove it in the US for about a year. Because the was a NATO soldier this is legal.

Same with a harley. I could bring a EU Harley to the US with no problems, NATO. So registration would not not be a problem.

#10 ·
I'm Nik,

No it's not possible. The modifications will have to be done when you return to Europe.

Think of it this way, Harley sold like 150,000~ bikes last year. There is prob onl 3-4 people in your position who would want to do what you want to do. Therefore it's simply not cost effective.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.