Premium Windshields for Street Glide, Electra Glide Classic, Ultra Classic : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Sponsors Section > Freedom Shields
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 05:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

freedomshields wants to know Dino or Syn?
Premium Windshields for Street Glide, Electra Glide Classic, Ultra Classic

Hello V-Twin forum members.

We manufacture windshields for the Street Glide, Electra Glide Classic, Ultra Classic and Tri Glide.

Please check out our website www.freedomshields.net

We are offering a 10% discount for the V-Twin members. At the check out area in our website there is a spot for a coupon code. Just type in vtwin and our website will take off the 10% discount.

Our shields have an AirCurve at the top of the shield to kick the airflow higher, they are also thicker and have hand polished edges that are smooth with a high gloss.

We offer 10 sizes in every inch to custom fit the shield height to you.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

John Lauk
Freedom Shields, LLC
john@freedomshields.net
303-816-1615

Last edited by freedomshields; 07-09-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2010, 09:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

bogiediver wants to know Dino or Syn?
Regarding Freedom Shields (www.freedomshields.com) -

I have the 9", dark tint with recurve (they call it "AirCurve").

Immediately upon removal from the box (which was well packed to protect the shield), you can tell this shield is more substantial. It's made of a thicker material than stock or the other replacements I have seen. Also, while stock and other shields taper to a narrower width as they rise from the fairing; the Freedom Shield tapers at a much lesser rate, leaving a wider shield at the top. Both the thicker material and wider top makes the shield stronger; and the wider top, along with the recurve, provides an improved rider pocket by deflecting more of the air flow.

While not functional, the polished edges further add to the high quality look of the shield. That was my one complaint about Clearview - just didn't look right with the raw edges - never did the polishing there, but nicely taken care of at Freedom Shields.

The dark tint and recurve do not appear to distort vision at all - though I wouldn't recommend the dark tint if you get a taller shield you'll be looking thru all the time.

I think it's the best choice for comfort and affordability.

John's a great guy to work with!!

JMHO

American by Birth, Biker by Choice, Patriot Forever

Proud Member of the Patriot Guard Riders
Old 07-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

bogiediver wants to know Dino or Syn?
Well, I was able to get 500 miles behind the Freedom Shield in the last week... so here's a follow up...

The fit in the batwing fairing is excellent. Each side of the shield matches the cut of the fairing perfectly. When installed, I sprayed some cleaner on to remove fingerprints, etc. As I was wiping it off, the shield was solid behind the towel - rather than flexing as other shields can do - obviously a result of the thicker material and wider top, as mentioned in the previous post.

Even though this shield is 1/2" shorter than my previous recurved shield, it provides a better rider pocket - which must be due to the combination of the wider top and the “Air Curve” design. I became very conscious of air flow and noise while riding a Road Glide FLHTRX for 2 weeks - this is the model with effectively no windshield (just a little stub that doesn't even rise above the radio mount). Blasting my face and a noise so loud in my ears I couldn't hear the radio... I was very happy to get behind my previous shield as I picked up my bike from service. So much less wind and noise. Then, after installing the Freedom Shield, it was even better - about the same amount of wind feeling at the top of my head as the previous shield, BUT - a lot less turbulence around my ears, therefore, less noise in the ears... And, in a very rare occasion, my lady was riding on the pillion yesterday (taking her to pick up her ride from service) – she is fairly tall and her eyes are just about able to see over my head from the back seat…she said the wind was no issue and was very comfortable with the sound level, it was easy to converse.

While back at the dealer to pick up my lady's ride - the owner was out talking with us and the polished edge of the shield caught his eye. He asked what I had done - told him about Freedom Shields - he was impressed enough with the fit and finish he is going to call to become a distributor. I think that says a lot - he's been in the business for a long time, seen lots of products and is impressed enough to call.

I like the Freedom Shield for all aspects of it – function, quality, clarity, appearance and value.

Currently there seems to be some issue with the .com internet address resolving to the correct page - so be sure to use the .net address instead www.freedomshields.net

Pictures...
The two closeups show the wider top on each side. I laid my previous CV shield on the Freedom Shield. The pictures are darkest where the shield overlap, obviously. So you can see the extra material of the Freedom Shield quite clearly. The other 3 shots are just different angles...

Respectfully,

-bogie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Freedom Shield (L).JPG
Views:	400
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	59931   Click image for larger version

Name:	Freedom Shield (R).jpg
Views:	370
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	59932   Click image for larger version

Name:	Freedom Shield (1).JPG
Views:	441
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	59933   Click image for larger version

Name:	Freedom Shield (2).JPG
Views:	448
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	59934   Click image for larger version

Name:	Freedom Shield (3).JPG
Views:	460
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	59935  

Old 11-10-2010, 09:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

RobertC wants to know Dino or Syn?
I wish I'd have known about eh 10% when I ordered on the phone.....

ICML certified Machinery Lubrication Analyst Level III
STLE CLS

And some other stuff.

Some times, it feels like 43 other things...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement