Running Lean?? : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Technical Discussion Forums > Exhaust Discussion (aftermarket/OEM)
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2005, 10:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Arse Hole and Good at it

FL8X wants to know Dino or Syn?
Running Lean??

I just got a 06 night train a week ago. I just bought a set of V&H Big Shot Staggered Exhaust and the Quite Baffles. My question is, if I put the pipes on with no other mods, (or not yet), will this cause me to run lean? Or if I put the quite baffles in will this help out the lean part?

Thanks
Tim
FL8X is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2005, 10:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Shithead

petelogan is reading this now saying WTF is this?
One forum at a time, friend. I think this one will get you the answer.

Welcome.

Pete

-Shakespeare-Hamlet

"Generally speaking, you don't die on motorcycles.
You die a few yards away from what's left of them."

-Me

It appears I am not only a NRA Life Member, but also a Patriot Guard.

**** - I didn't know that

Holy Mololey, Batman, I didn't know I was a GOA Life Member, either

Being drunk seems to be better
petelogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 12:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
D_T
Renegade

D_T wants to know Dino or Syn?
It came from the factory lean. The pipes won't make it significantly leaner, unless you put a free-flow A/C on it as well. The baffles won't matter either..
Old 08-15-2005, 08:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
FNG :)

resdog wants to know Dino or Syn?
I have the same pipes installed on my '05 FXSTI. I ran them for a few weeks but found them a tad too loud. I installed the quiet baffles and noticed a slight decrease in sound but albeit a bit deeper sound to my ears. As for the bike running richer or not due to increased back pressure, the jury is still out until I re-check the plug colour. Also, I haven't noticed any difference in performance. As D T stated, the pipes will probably have little effect on the already lean mixture set by the factory keeping the stock A/C. If/when you change your A/C, you will most likely need to do a Stage I such as I did, purchase a PCIIIUSB or similar fuel enrichner device or have the dealer flash your ECM. You will feel a noticeable improvement in throttle response and power/torque when correctly setup. Is it all worth it? That's for you to decide but I feel it was.
resdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 02:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Arse Hole and Good at it

FL8X wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thanks for the info. I already beleave its all worth it. Pipes should be here some time tommorrow, so I should have them on later tommorrow night, I guess I will go ahead and put the quite baffle in them, as I live in the middle of base housing here in Lemoore, so no need to wake up security, ha. Thanks again.

Tim

Haze of Grey and Underway
FL8X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 05:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
FNG :)

nitetrain326 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Have same pipes on my 05 Night Train.....Sounds great...I opted not for the quiet baffles..I like to piss off my weird neibors (sp?)
nitetrain326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement