V-Twin Forum banner

Pipe pics

274K views 480 replies 309 participants last post by  Dime 
#1 · (Edited)
I talked to people, did alot of poking around online and wound up buying the cycle shack phd-140-t pipe and muffler all one piece. they sound great and look close to stock, which I like, just smaller muffler. well what I'm getting at is there are probably alot of people that could of saved some time if they had some pics of other peoples pipes to see here. so here we go post some pics of your pipes. add what you have to make this easier. I since starting this thread have changed to SE torque slip on mufflers.

2003 FLSTCI with Cycle Shack PHD-140T

See less See more
#52 ·
Martin Brothers W.T.F. Pipe Pics

brownjams said:
OK, Where's the pipe pic.
Here's a photo. 2001 FXST, well went to post the photo and it comes back saying that I have already have posted the photo in a another post XRII Forcewinder? Now I want to know why it won't let me post here? I'll work on this tonight after work and see if I can repost here. Maybe I have to delete the photo in the other post, but why won't it let me post the same photo here? Maybe you will have to go to my other post to see it. You would think that I should be able to post it here? I'll try later today.

#53 ·
Boise1 said:
Here's a photo. 2001 FXST, well went to post the photo and it comes back saying that I have already have posted the photo in a another post XRII Forcewinder? Now I want to know why it won't let me post here? I'll work on this tonight after work and see if I can repost here. Maybe I have to delete the photo in the other post, but why won't it let me post the same photo here? Maybe you will have to go to my other post to see it. You would think that I should be able to post it here? I'll try later today.
Hello Boise 1 just go to your User CP and delete the attachments then upload trhen again, this worked for me.

All the best, Ozzie

#63 ·
Fangar said:
I'm gonna say that the build wouldn't matter, as far as matching the performance with a 2 into 1, but they do look very cool.

Fangar
I doubt very seriously that a 2-1 will outperform these pipes for every possible build combination considering that one of the most important aspects of engine building is the exhaust being properly matched to the rest of the build. But I am not a mechanic so this is speculation and I could be wrong. On the North County Customs website, Speedvision tested the Pro Streets against 8 different 2-1 systems on a 100 HP Night Train and the Pro Streets won the shootout. But hey, it could have been rigged so the bike was optimized for the Pro Streets. Who knows? For me, I will give up a few ponies just to have something a little different...but not more than a few!

#64 · (Edited)
Stratplexi said:
I doubt very seriously that a 2-1 will outperform these pipes for every possible build combination considering that one of the most important aspects of engine building is the exhaust being properly matched to the rest of the build. But I am not a mechanic so this is speculation and I could be wrong. On the North County Customs website, Speedvision tested the Pro Streets against 8 different 2-1 systems on a 100 HP Night Train and the Pro Streets won the shootout. But hey, it could have been rigged so the bike was optimized for the Pro Streets. Who knows? For me, I will give up a few ponies just to have something a little different...but not more than a few!
Actually I wasn't saying that every build combo will out perform just because of a 2 into 1. I am saying however, that under normal circumstances a 2 into 1 exhaust system (I.E. Supertrapp) will likely provide more torque than a set of un baffled short straight "pipes". Where the most difference is seen is in the low end torque near the bottom of the RPM Range.

I have read some about the Bassani, and there are some decent numbers out there. I subscribe to the, "Loud is not fast" theory. However, I have the Vance and Hines Staggereds, so I also agree with you that Look, and sound is important as well.

Cheers,

Fangar

#69 ·
ice9 said:
where do you pick up the "quiet baffles"? I had my pipes installed when I picked up the bike...did't know there was a baffel option...
I bought mine from Direct Parts . They are Vance & Hines part number #21869. They are often sold each (Not sure why). Direct parts sells them for $55.98 a pair. I also saw a review at Cycle Spot. They showed a 6 decibel drop at idle in their tests. They work well for me. Like I said the biggest difference I have found is that the bike now runs a bit quieter, unless I get on it. Really a better tone for me without all of the harsh high tones. I liked the sound of the stock baffles, but these to me sound better. Hope that helps.

Fangar

#70 ·
VH Big Radius'

I just put on the Vance & Hines Big Radius on my softail and I really love em...they sound awesome too!

#71 ·
ice9 said:
03 fatboy w/ V&H big shots...like the look....just a little too loud.
Theres a reason why everybody and their brother has these on their softails...they are gorgous and mate perfectly to that frame in my opinion. I just wish two things, 1) Everybody and their brother didn't have em:) and 2) That they were Hot Rod undisputed performance pipes!!! They look so good on your bike and just about any bike I see them on. They sound sweet too.
I also like the BSS Longs for sound!

#73 ·
Those look like Kuryakyn's ISO pegs paired with a "Chrome Mustache". Great looking set up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.