V-Twin Forum banner

Pipe pics

274K views 480 replies 309 participants last post by  Dime 
#1 · (Edited)
I talked to people, did alot of poking around online and wound up buying the cycle shack phd-140-t pipe and muffler all one piece. they sound great and look close to stock, which I like, just smaller muffler. well what I'm getting at is there are probably alot of people that could of saved some time if they had some pics of other peoples pipes to see here. so here we go post some pics of your pipes. add what you have to make this easier. I since starting this thread have changed to SE torque slip on mufflers.

2003 FLSTCI with Cycle Shack PHD-140T

See less See more
#252 · (Edited)
Samson Challenger Spitfires on my FLSTCi

These retail for 589.00 on the Samson site, however DKTrader has them closed out at 160.00 on Ebay.
3 different baffles and 220 degree heatshields included.
Fit and finish are top notch.
Sound is semi-loud and throaty with the performance baffle.
However, with 2" lowering in the rear clearence is a serious issue so I am changing them to a 2-1 system that will offer better clearance.

#254 · (Edited)
looking for pipe that performs well w/95" and not too loud

Currently running 2:2 cycle shacks on my flstc (pic attached) and they perform well, look good and sound great but are too loud for the locals.

I have been looking at the Supertrapp 2:1 Supermegs since the noise level can be adjusted but do not like the look. Now thinking PPHS but had BSS before and don't want something that everyone else already has.

If anyone has a White Brothers e-series to sell that will fit with floor boards and is in good shape I am interested, or know of anything else out there that is a good performer with tunable noise/performance I am all ears.

#259 ·
Fatb0y said:
There have been more changes to my bike, but this is it with the BSS on it.
Fatboy, have you had your motor dyno'd? If so, are you able to post your dyno sheet. I have a Deuce with Python 2-1's and I haven't been happy with the dyno numbers my build has produced. I"m assuming it part tuning and part pipes. I'm now researching 2-2 exhausts that perform well and complement the looks of my Deuce. I'm considering so far the BSS, Rinehart Flush and Mean Mother Shorts.

#262 ·
I changed my mind before purchasing the 2 into 1 pipes. (last minute decision).
I had a chance to ride last night for about 30 miles with the new pipes and so far I do not see any issues as far as performance goes. (I don't think I lost much if any low end performance.)

Hog_nutz

#263 ·
Bassani Pro Street Pipes

I downloaded the SERT MAP for screaming eagle slipons and filter. The bike seems to be running great. The pipes really pull better on the top side but some tunning may help power down low. I have attached a few pics of the bike. Let me know what you think.

#270 ·
kcc0521 said:
I downloaded the SERT MAP for screaming eagle slipons and filter. The bike seems to be running great. The pipes really pull better on the top side but some tunning may help power down low. I have attached a few pics of the bike. Let me know what you think.
Kcc, those pro streets look awesome. love the black too

#271 ·
Anastasia said:
Use to be...

Now....

Have 4 sets pipes for this bike still don't know which ones a better looking :confused:
What are the pipes in pic #2, and how loud are they? They look good!

#272 ·
ndwgolf said:
I really, REALLY dig those... and the whole bike. Unfortunately, that wouldn't work too well with a passenger, or worse yet with bags. I need to be able to accomodate both on occaision. :(

#274 ·
darktrainer said:
Those are Super Trapp/ Arlen Ness Crack Pipes. The others that you like are also Arlen pipes, X-Pipes.
Am I wrong to assume those are REALLY loud, and cannot be quieted down to a reasonable level? I need something a hair quieter than my Thunderheader.

#276 ·
darktrainer said:
The X-pipes are the ones I have heard and they are load and power thieves. They wont work with your application anyway. Have you looked at the V&H line?

Why wouldn't they work? Because I have an EVO not a TC? Or are you thinking I have floorboards because my bike "started life" as a Fatboy? You are right that the x pipes wouldnt work though, I need to carry a passenger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.