V-Twin Forum banner

Pipe suggestions

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  RoyalSpeedShop 
#1 ·
Hi Guys and Gals,

I am posting an inquiry to get some feed back on a new set of pipes that I'll be going looking for in the very near future.

I currently am running a Thunder Header on my 2013 Dyna Street Bob.

However I am looking for a more sport orientated exhaust with a slight upsweep. I welcome all suggestions and please include links if possible.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Bassani 13112J. ...great pipe and you're into the pegs way before the pipe

#4 ·
You have a good pipe, one of the better one, but it is hard to look at, they make my eyes hurt lol. short shots absolutely destroy performance, the pipes are smaller diameter than standard size pipes..they do look nice though. Almost any of the 2-1 pipes will be good pick a style you like.

#5 ·
There are bunches of 2-1 systems out there. Do some research and I'm sure you'll find one to you liking. 2-1 is the only way to go, just my $.02.

#7 ·
If you're not liking your T-Header 2:1, you might consider Supertrapp. Performance-oriented and a lotta race bikes use them.

@gree: Here's your best advice.

Also this time of year, websurf through the different distributors, then look up the manufacturers. A lot of the mfr websites (e.g. Vance & Hines) will have videos linked to UTube so that you can somewhat hear how they'll sound.

If it were closer to springtime I'd say head down to the dealer and camp in their parking lot for a day to look and listen.

#9 ·
I currently am running a Thunder Header on my 2013 Dyna Street Bob.
More, "sport orientated" ? What exactly does that mean? Looks or performance?

You have a good pipe, one of the better one,
x2 on what Tall Terry said.
A 2:1 Thunderheader is indeed a good pipe.

Going to V&H from there is a step down in my opinion.
I have both and prefer the TH any day over the V&H for power and the sound.
V&H might have the advantage for the weight though.

At the moment I'm running V&H only because the TH is way too loud for this country. Totally Illegal, big fines and bike confiscation etc...

If you are going for the looks, then the sky is the limit. I am confident that you will feel a power loss going away from the TH. For sure stick with the 2 into one. If you go to a true dual system, you will have even more power loss.

Good luck.

#11 ·
I have a little experience with the V&H 2-1's the competition model, the numbers weren't there to match the TH and other similar pipes, just not worth the change. V&H used to make some serious pipes, top of the line, not so nowdays, if all you want is look and sound they are excellent choices but.....

#13 ·
Thanks to you all for your suggestions, I am MOST likely going to try and have my TH bend for a slight upsweep, I think it would look bitching plus I won't lose and power. If that doesn't work I will go with the Roland Sands/VH 2into1 Comp Series pipe. They look pretty great. Happy motoring and drive safe!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.