V-Twin Forum banner

The early morning startup

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  pebble 
#1 ·
I have a flstc with a kerker dual exhaust and i want to take it out early in the morning to ride it but i don't want to piss the neighbors off while it warms up. I few friends in the street have bikes and when they crank em over and you can here em loud and clear.

so my question is has anyone made some sort of silencer box to run of the exhaust tips to drown the db's down or is it just not possible? I have been googling it but can't seem to find anything or my wording is incorrect. :beatdh:

#2 · (Edited)
Not much you can do. I walk mine out to the street rather than start it in the driveway right next to the neighbors bedroom window, stay out of the throttle and keep the warm-up short.

If you want to get totally radical and don't mind people laughing at you... on the dirt bikes we would slip a short section of inner tube over the exhaust to pass sound check. Goofy but it works.

#4 ·
thanks guys, you started the ball rolling i was thinking something compact as i don't want it taking up space when not in use.

I like the idea towards the inner tube because of the size regarding storage but i forgot to mention i have high compression so i thinking will it sit or just blow out. For me rolling it out in the street is not an option its just loud no matter where it is.

anyone have any pics..

#6 ·
thanks guys, you started the ball rolling i was thinking something compact as i don't want it taking up space when not in use.

I like the idea towards the inner tube because of the size regarding storage but i forgot to mention i have high compression so i thinking will it sit or just blow out. For me rolling it out in the street is not an option its just loud no matter where it is.

anyone have any pics..
I'd worry about the rubber tube melting on the exhaust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.