EFI pipes cost + remap ? : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Technical Discussion Forums > Exhaust Discussion (aftermarket/OEM)
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2003, 03:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

tekman wants to know Dino or Syn?
EFI pipes cost + remap ?

Looking into getting a 2004 Fat Boy, and I'm leaning towards the EFI, just for the fact that not having to warm the bike up and not dealing with the coughing and sputtering until it's warm, etc.

I'm curious on cost for pipes and if it's necessary to have the computer remapped after that's done? I've done some reading and it seems having the computer remapped is like habing the carb rejetted...??

I'm also looking for some pipes that would be loud, any place to download some sound clips and look at pics? I'd love to match the sound of my Samson pipes, which usually sets off car alarms..

Thanks,
tekman is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2003, 03:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Idears Available

logical wants to know Dino or Syn?
If you are putting on better flowing (louder) pipes, you should also do the air cleaner upgrade. otherwise all you have is noise...kinda like putting a fan next to a closed window. Once you've done that yes, you need a remap so you have fuel to go with you new found air flow.

Do it all at once...cheapest 10 Hp available.
V & H Monster Ovals
V & H FP3 FuelPak
logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 03:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

what's pricing...

usual price for EFI pipes, air cleaner, and remap?
Old 11-28-2003, 04:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

Bubba1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
The remap is $149.95 and the SE breather kit (SE Stage 1) is $139.95. These are standard Harley prices for parts and are in the catalog. Pipes all depend on what you want. If you go with slip ons or slip fit (like SE's, Bubs, Vance & Hines, Hooker, etc) they run anywhere from mid two hundreds on up depending on brand. If you go with true duels (like Rineharts) cost can be $800 or so. However, you can sometimes get a deal on ebay or at a swap meet. If you buy new you can also go to internet companies like directparts.com or cyborgcycle. I used directparts and had good luck with a new set of Bub Sleepers for my Ultra (paid $379 including shipping compared to $425 at the local shops). The fun part with pipes is figuring out what you want and what sounds good to you. Everyone has their own idea about what sounds good so I'd recommend going to your local biker hangout and listening to the bikes as they come and go. When you hear something you like check it out and talk to the owner. Most eveyone is more then happy to let you listen and talk to them about their experience with their brand of pipes. Good luck and let us know what you decide.
Bubba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 05:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

thanks for the info, that's what I was looking for.

i love the look and sound of my Samson pipes (pic
http://tekman.vwmafia.net/images/ian...y/MVC-001S.JPG

what I'm thinking is when I'm ready to buy, I'm looking to either trade my Heritage in or sell it, whatever happens first, I'm just going to ask the people at Harley what they think is the closest sound to what I have. I don't want to get something and it'll be too low in sound...

thanks again....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement