V-Twin Forum banner

Please recommend the most obnoxious exhaust

24K views 46 replies 33 participants last post by  stranger7953 
#1 ·
Looking to replace the stock exhaust on my street glide. Definitely want dual exhaust no ghost pipe. I want the loudest deepest sound possible. Ideas ????

#36 ·
In the town where I live the citizens have complained and complained and complained to City Council about loud motorcycles. Finally they got fed up of hearing their **** and Council began breathing down the necks of the Police to do something about it. Then guess who's neck is getting breathed on now? You guessed it. Guys with loud pipes (or anyone for the matter with an aftermarket exhaust).

Trouble is guys with loud pipes think everyone wants to hear it. There's a guy down the street from me and every Sunday morning at 7:30am he flies down the street at redline. There's no reason for that. It's rude and ignorant to others who are trying to sleep on their only day off.

There's always a few that ruin it for everyone. Now because of people like him I risk a $110 ticket.

#37 ·
Man, I hate to hear these stories about harassment in some cities and towns. Especially, this last one about the City Council telling the police to "crack down". That is crap anyway! The police don't have to bust you for it - it's up to their discretion. If a cop decides to pull you for your exhaust then that cop is just a low-life that just wants to be a prick. Unless, of course, you are being an obnoxious prick yourself. Then you may deserve some attention from the po po.

In most areas that I ride in southwest Virginia, when I see police they usually ignore me, or, at best, they wave as I pass by them with my rather loud scoot. They aren't trying to harass me or any of the bikers around. But, maybe that is a result of the local people not complaining. Who know's?

With that being said, let's return to the OP discussion: I find it a bit funny that people get on here asking "What's the most obnoxious pipe I can buy?". Well, I have ask you; have you ever heard any other bikes before? Have you been impressed with any of them and looked at what pipe is on that bike, or talked with the owner of the bike? Why get on here and ask peoples opinion of something like that when different people have different idea's of what is "loud" or "obnoxious".

I'm just saying that part of being a biker is getting out on your scoot and riding. While your are out there you will come across other riders and you start to ride with others. One thing leads to another then you find yourself sharing ideas and philosophies with other riders. That's how you find out what products and style works for you and your unique personality.

#42 · (Edited)
I run V&H big shots with the baffles in, i tried running them with the baffles out and it was just to friggen loud , and i love loud pipes, but when i come home at midnight i idle threw the neighbor hood and into the shed where i park my bike, yeah it wakes some of my neighbors up, they dont complain, when they send there kids outside to play and they wake me up with there yelling while playiing food ball inbetween the houses, yeah it pisses me of, but i dont say anything, i have a neighbor across the street that plays the drums, hes actually pretty good, and really loud, ill sit on the front porch sometimes and listen to him, i dont complain, you see we are all guilty of doing something, its just a matter of finding the denomanator thats going to hold it all together and let us all enjoy what we do,i go play ball with the kids sometimes, there not my kids but so what, ill go over and listen to Gary bang on the drums, he lets me play on them, im horrible, but its fun for us, it is what makes things work in my neighborhood, and i have 3 cops that live in the neighbor hood that bothers no one, when i come in on my bike at night, i hold it down to around 500 rpms just lopping along, its still loud but im not trying to piss people off, im just doing my thing, just s they are doing theres, just in a differant way, its life, everybody needs to stop being little bitches and just see how much they can **** up, get the po po's attention, youll be wishing you hadnt,

Marry Christmas everyone, and i hope and pray each and every one of you are very blessed while your out on the highways on your bikes , dont expect the other person to do the right thing, plan well ahead of them doing the wrong thing, then your read, you all ride safe , and Happy Holidays to everyone, even the ones i dont like .

#44 ·
Exactly...........well said, and it's called a community of people. A community allows each individual to be a PART of the COMMUNITY. Yes, at times it is a bit annoying, but then that particular neighbor brings you a Key-Lime Pie that is just incredible......
It is called "LIVE and LET LIVE>" What else matters????

So with that......"Sorry Joe... you just pissed me off for a second." But Please, don't leave the neighborhood.

JuiceMan

#45 ·
It seems like you are missing the point.

Gary doesn't play drums for the sake of being as loud as he can, drums just happen to be loud.

The kids don't play football to piss someone off, they just want to play football.

When you start out by asking yourself and others "how can I be the most obnoxious that I can possibly be?", then you are just trying to be annoying, or else too dumb to know what obnoxious means. That goes against the idea of "community".

But I'm glad you liked Joe's key lime pie. :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.