Rb Racing Exhaust 2-1 To D&d Fat Cat 2-1 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Technical Discussion Forums > Exhaust Discussion (aftermarket/OEM)
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 09:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

INGKUSTOMS wants to know Dino or Syn?
Rb Racing Exhaust 2-1 To D&d Fat Cat 2-1

WHAT ARE YOUR FEELINGS TOWARDS THESE PIPES I HAVE LOT PEOPLE THAT LOVE THE FAT CAT AND SAYS IT MAKES GOOD HP WITH THE LEVEL 3 BAFFLE BUT HAVE NO WORD ON THE RB RACING 1 I WAS THINKING GETTING IT BECAUSE RIGHT NOW I HAVE THE TH 2-1 AND IT'S JUST NOT WORKIN 4 ME.
INGKUSTOMS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2009, 10:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Thread Ender

Pikeslayer wants to know Dino or Syn?
A moderator will probably move this to the exhaust section. RB is very expensive if I recall. I had a Fat Cat Quiet Baffle on my 95" build and loved it so much I bought another for my 117". You can't go wrong with the Fat Cat.
Hobanized Crank, Axtell 117" cylinders, CP flat tops, 10.6:1 CR, Woods TW8, R&R cast heads, R&R roller rockers, HPI 51mm T/B, 4.9 g/s SE injectors, D&D Fat Cat 2into1 QB, Rivera Pro Clutch, Evo Industries 49T, Tuned by Big Boyz
Pikeslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Moneygreen

arealinvestor wants to know where he is and how he got here
Go for the Fatcat ,you will not be disappointed!! What size motor are you putting this on???How much comp are you running??? TXCHOP(member here) is running the Fatcat performance baffle on his 117.You can hear it on Youtube under fatcat exhaust.The bike sounds wicked!!!!!

2010 Ultra Classic Hot Rod Built & Tuned by JD's
BB & Baisley Hybrid Heads with man/Comp releases
Axtell Pistons & Cylinders set with high comp,Big CCP
Darkhorse Stroker Crank,balanced,plugged & welded
Woods A/C kit & Lifters
T-Man gear crank set
High Flow HPI Inj & BB TBW Throttle body
D&D Boarzilla (perforated baffle)
Lenale cooling fan
Jagg 10 row oil cooler
K&P engineering oil filter
To much more to list!!!!!!
arealinvestor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

Im Putting It On 95 Or A 103 WITH 10:5-1 COMP

Last edited by INGKUSTOMS; 01-10-2009 at 10:52 AM. Reason: NOT ENOUGH INFORMATION PROVIDED
Old 01-10-2009, 10:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
DILLIGAF

RattFXR wants to know Dino or Syn?
I use an RB racing 2into1 and love it. However for the sake of arguement, I have no experience with the Fat Cat. The RB pipe sounds awosome and gives the grunt it's suppose to.
RattFXR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2009, 10:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Moneygreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by INGKUSTOMS View Post
Im Putting It On 95 Or A 103 WITH 10:5-1 COMP
Fatcat will work very well!!! How much noise you want because they have 3 different baffles.Quiet,standard & performance.The last being the loudest!!!!!

Woods A/C kit & Lifters
T-Man gear crank set
Lenale cooling fan
Jagg 10 row oil cooler
Old 01-10-2009, 11:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!

Jeffytune is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
WHAT ARE YOUR FEELINGS TOWARDS THESE PIPES I HAVE LOT PEOPLE THAT LOVE THE FAT CAT AND SAYS IT MAKES GOOD HP WITH THE LEVEL 3 BAFFLE BUT HAVE NO WORD ON THE RB RACING 1 I WAS THINKING GETTING IT BECAUSE RIGHT NOW I HAVE THE TH 2-1 AND IT'S JUST NOT WORKIN 4 ME.
Hi.

Ok, My boss has the Fat cat with the quite baffle, he like it. As for my opinion, well, the rear pipe melted his rain pants, and even oven cleaner can not got it off. It made less power then my Vance and Hines Pro pipe BP and wile he feels his is a quieter, I thing mine is only louder when I get on the throttle hard.
I find mine make great power and is quiet enough to ride without ear plugs.

As to RB racing, I will say without a doubt He makes a fine pipe, performance wise. I will also say without a doubt he is the biggest JERK that you will find still in business today. There are members here that have horror stories of waiting months for a warranty repair, poor welds, peeling chrome, cracked pipes and him being abusive and throwing there pipes away, no repair, no refund, your just SOL.

I have had no real problems with my Pro pipe, and the quality is outstanding, the only time I would consider a RB pipe is if I was building a 117 of larger engine, but I would know ahead of time not to expect any support form RB.
But then again, Vance and Hines make a racing pipe for larger engines in the race shop, I like to deal with a company that treats me like i matter to them, and is willing to help me if a issue arises, Vance and Hines will.

2010 FLHTCUI
96 CID w/ the quiet 6 speed
K&N RK-3930 air filter
Harley quiet high flow 110 mufflers
Vance and Hines Fuelpak

I have learned, Just say NO to Dyno's!
Member DooF Clenas , and proud of it.

Professional Rockat Surgen
Disclaimer.
I do not work for Vance and Hines, I just like their stuff. Any suggestions I make are to be used at your own risk.

Last edited by Jeffytune; 01-10-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Jeffytune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2009, 11:16 AM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah I Love The Noise I Have Few Friends Have The Fat Cat But You Know You Haft To Have The Cam Size In Order To Have That Sound For That Last Baffle. Does Rb Sound Compare Any To The Fat Cat Wit The Level 3 Baffle
Old 01-10-2009, 11:19 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffytune View Post
Hi.

Ok, My boss has the Fat cat with the quite baffle, he like it. As for my opinion, well, the rear pipe melted his rain pants, and even oven cleaner can not got it off. It made less power then my Vance and Hines Pro pipe BP and wile he feels his is a quieter, I thing mine is only louder when I get on the throttle hard.
I find mine make great power and is quiet enough to ride without ear plugs.

As to RB racing, I will say without a doubt He makes a fine pipe, performance wise. I will also say without a doubt he is the biggest JERK that you will find still in business today. There are members here that have horror stories off waiting months for a warranty repair, poor welds, peeling chrome, cracked pipes and him being abusive and throwing there pipes away.

I have had no real problems with my Pro pipe, and the quality is outstanding, the only time I would consider a RB pipe is if I was building a 117 of larger engine, but I would know ahead of time not to expect any support form RB.
But then again, Vance and Hines make a racing pipe for larger engines in the race shop, I like to deal with a company that treats me like i matter to them, and is willing to help me if a issue arises, Vance and Hines will.
I AGREE WITH YOU THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR HOW YOU TREAT YOU CUSTOMERS. SO RB PIPE IS ONLY 4 117CI OR BETTER KINDA LIKE THE BORZILLA FROM D&D.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!

Jeffytune is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
I AGREE WITH YOU THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR HOW YOU TREAT YOU CUSTOMERS. SO RB PIPE IS ONLY 4 117CI OR BETTER KINDA LIKE THE BORZILLA FROM D&D.
The RB will work on a 88 or 95, it is just that they seem to be better on the larger engines, as they will make the pipe size to match.

The Borzilla or the Vance and Hines race pipe will too, but if you plain the 95 kit, a Pro pipe will do just fine, even with the 103 it will do a fine job.

The fat cat is a well made pipe, I just don't care for how they ran the rear pipe, and as my boss found out, it gets too close to the leg for my comfort level.
Changing baffles means re-tuning the bike, wile in a perfect world, your tuner would have all three there to test in the tuning, it would be quite expensive to do this. When The boss had his tuned, he had Mike Stegman at Latus do it, and Mike said that the standard baffle would have made more power, but the standard baffle is louder then a Pro pipe.

For what you are building, I still feel the Pro pipe would be the best for you.

2010 FLHTCUI
96 CID w/ the quiet 6 speed
K&N RK-3930 air filter
Harley quiet high flow 110 mufflers
Vance and Hines Fuelpak

I have learned, Just say NO to Dyno's!
Member DooF Clenas , and proud of it.

Professional Rockat Surgen
Disclaimer.
I do not work for Vance and Hines, I just like their stuff. Any suggestions I make are to be used at your own risk.
Jeffytune is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2009, 11:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
Average Dude

YankeeBob is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I have had both the RB Racing Black Hole, and the DD FatCat w/quiet baffle. While I don't have any dyno results to compare both, I will say the FatCat is better for low end tq. No doubt that the Black Hole will show higher hp. It runs as advertised by RB.
I sold my Black Hole and now run the FatCat. I should have gone with the FatCat before. The Black Hole is for some. But, not for me.
I was lucky enough to find the Black Hole from a forum member new for a significant savings over buying direct from RB. I sold it for about half what I paid for it. It is a finely made pipe. The FatCat is slightly louder than the Black Hole.

Deut. 23:12-13
YankeeBob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2009, 11:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Moneygreen

Have your boss try putting WD-40 on his pipe to get the burn spot of the pipe.

Woods A/C kit & Lifters
T-Man gear crank set
Lenale cooling fan
Jagg 10 row oil cooler
Old 01-10-2009, 11:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
Moneygreen

Quote:
Yeah I Love The Noise I Have Few Friends Have The Fat Cat But You Know You Haft To Have The Cam Size In Order To Have That Sound For That Last Baffle. Does Rb Sound Compare Any To The Fat Cat Wit The Level 3 Baffle
I don't think it's cam size.It's comp that makes a pipe sound good.The more comp you run usually the deeper & stronger the sound gets!!!! If your going to run 10.5 the standard or performance baffle will work well for you!!!!

Woods A/C kit & Lifters
T-Man gear crank set
Lenale cooling fan
Jagg 10 row oil cooler
Old 01-10-2009, 02:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Premium Member

laserp wants to know Dino or Syn?
As I understand it, the R&B, "baffled", LSR, slash, or turn out pipe, with a 1.75" primary, produces excellent mid range torque....no dips. It's when you venture into the pro stock, with no baffle, or bigger 2" primary's, or both, is when you will need the bigger cubes. I read a lot about them anf hope I have it figured out, because I ordered the c style, turn out with a 45 degree down. I heard all the negativity about the customer service, but I'm risking it for a more custom pipe that looks right for me and has a record for quality and performance. I'll be sure to follow up once I get mine, suppose to be in a few weeks......
laserp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2009, 02:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
IronButt

thundercatken wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
That's not exactly true. Unlike the Boarzilla, the RB LSR (As with all their pipes) are available in 1&3/4" and 2" diameters. The 1&3/4 works well for up to about 103". The 2" is great for 117" & above. In that "Grey" area, say 103"-117", you have to consider the build. A mildly built 110" looking for low end would benefit from the smaller diameter, and a radically build 110" looking for high end would benefit from the larger pipe.

I have had the Thunderheader, Boarzilla and finally the LSR on my 124" bike. The best numbers by far come from the 2" RB pipe. AND ... as I stated in a previous post, the guy who tuned it pushes D&D pipes as the greatest thing since sliced bread. I found out a month or so later that he spent 5 extra hours of his own time, trying to tune the bike to proove the Boarzilla would out peform the LSR. He eventually put the LSR back on and admitted it was a better performer.

I have had a Hardkrome Accelerator, Thunderheader, Fatcat & Pro-Pipe the 103" bike. The Fatcat (Standard baffle) worked best, but was louder than any two of the others combined. Sounds too "Tinny" also. I am debating on buying a 1&3/4 LSR for this bike too, but that $1000 pricetag for the black LSR with chrome heat shields has held me back so far.

When opening your mind to new ideas, don't open it so wide that your brains fall out.
thundercatken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.