S&S V111 evo engine problems - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Technical Discussion Forums > Evolution Engine Technical Discussion
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
"D"
Seasoned Rider

"D" wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post

i want to know that to.

d let me know how things turns out for you
whith the 111" im pretty sure i going to buy one
for my 99 fxst

speed
I'll give you a follow up. I dought I'll get much time on it this winter.

1984 FXST
"D" is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
IronButt

cernunos wants to know Dino or Syn?
Halloo. Still on the same topic, have been havin bucking issues similar to a lean surge in Angel. Have found, at least for current jetting and pipe setup, that the ignition timing is my biggest buggaboo on this motor. Thing is the scoot doesn't really FEEL lean, all other parameters point toward a slight rich condition on the intermediate side. Can't wait to see what you find.

C.......
cernunos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
IronButt

speedfreak wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by "D" View Post
I'll give you a follow up. I dought I'll get much time on it this winter.
thanks d.

speed.
speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 01:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
Len
IronButt

Len wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by camster View Post
I bought a complete S&S V111 engine with Super Stock ignition, and Super E carb. I installed it in a 1999 Fatboy with D&D Fat Cat exhaust. It accelerates fine but when cruising at a steady throttle it hesitates/bucks/jerks in all gears, most noticably between 1800 and 2400 RPM. I've had it dyno tuned and the intermediate and main jets are right, the idle mixture and the accelerator pump have been adjusted. A new coil has been installed, the plugs and plug wires are new. The float and needle have been checked. VOES is new. Any ideas? I had high hopes for this engine but am pretty disappointed.
You might check your fuel line routing from the tank to the carb, I had mine touching the cylinder and I think maybe the fuel was boiling in the line. Any way when I re-routed it it seemed to help some.By the way 31 small jet and 72 main worked on my bagger pretty good, i know all exhausts may change that but that's what I came up that worked the best.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

yomomma wants to know Dino or Syn?
If it's a high speed carb phart feel then it may be exhaust leak. Make sure you use new exhaust gaskets everytime. Also, make sure your intake gaskets are good and sealed.

One thing I found just recently is that I blew out my VOES switch and that gave me an intake leak that I didn't not know I had.. just more food for thought.

Again, like a lot of us, we are very interested in feedback about this engine. I may buy this engine too instead of trading in for a new bike.

Thanks,
Tom
yomomma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #21 (permalink)
IronButt

JamesButler wants to know Dino or Syn?
Re-visiting this thread. Any updates? Has anyone purchased the 111" in recent months and experienced any problems?
JamesButler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
IronButt

johnjzjz wants to know Dino or Syn?
it would be my guess the VOES switch was set to 8 or 9 inches 5 is stock and the timing becomes flat at low load speed driving - doing that is an attempt to keep it from pinging just my take have seen that happen -- that can be checked / adjusted with a vacuum pump and a screw driver and some re glue in the screw end - try adjusting it out first before buying anything -- jz
johnjzjz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #23 (permalink)
FNG :)

freeway56 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Man I've been through two of these motor's.Both with head problems finally got fed up and sent my heads out to get reworked myself.
freeway56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #24 (permalink)
IronButt

JamesButler wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeway56 View Post
Man I've been through two of these motor's.Both with head problems finally got fed up and sent my heads out to get reworked myself.
What kind of head problems, specifically?
JamesButler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.