oil leak, rocker boxes & gear cover
Howdy, new to the forum etc etc
Here is the situation
1. Ultima Fat Bastard kit bike from 2001
2. S&S 113" long block finished by Ultima (Harley Heads)
3. To busy working, been building the bike since 2001, has run a little approximately 50 miles until last week.
Put about 175 miles on it (have been gentle, for the most part, fluctuating between 1500 -2200 rpms) when I noticed blow by coming out between the middle and top layer of the rocker boxes, front and rear. Just the slightetst mist of oil, mostly air coming out.
Shortly after that a significant oil leak apperared from the hole in the gear cover where the electric leads exit. Had a shop attempt to repair that day on short notice, held for approx 40 miles then leaked again, not quit as bad.
I have no experience with big twins or motorcycle motors for that matter.
1. Bad seals (bike has been stored in New England winters)
2. Lower crankcase breather is plugged and not in use
3. Pressure valve relief check ball stuck
4. Fluid level seems high (3 quarts sits right at bottom of fill port in horse shoe tank)
Just looking for some feedback and suggestions or if this has been discussed before, point me in the right direction.
Thanks in advance for your help.