R&R Stage IV kit : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Performance Forums > Evolution Engine Mods
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 07:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

FATBOY-98 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Cool R&R Stage IV kit

I ride a 1998 fatboy. Thinking of going r & r stage 4 kit. Already running dyna ignitoin and coil, mikuni 42mm carb, force-winder intake, primo rivera adj. rods, and bub pipes. no idea on current cam or what if anyhthing has been done to heads. I am happy with current power but i have a leaky base gasket and a slight leak on rear head gasket. So if I have to pull the motor, I might as well add on some hp while i am at it. I have a reputable Mechanic at Master Cycles in plaistow n.h. that can do excellent work for me... Any thoughts or experience w R&R in manchester n.h?
FATBOY-98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2010, 08:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

claydbal is reading this now saying WTF is this?
why dont you tell us what attracts you to R&R? seems a mechanic at a scooter shop would design his own build. sublime really sucks when you consider your audience.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Premium Member

rcsoftail wants to know Dino or Syn?
I've ran their stage II and stage IV heads. I am currently running their billet heads in my 106". They are great heads. A quality product. Would have no problem buying them again. Others seem to have had good experiences with baisley, but haven't persoanally tried them.
rcsoftail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2010, 05:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
155" R&R TwinCam

dog155 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATBOY-98 View Post
I ride a 1998 fatboy. Thinking of going r & r stage 4 kit. Already running dyna ignitoin and coil, mikuni 42mm carb, force-winder intake, primo rivera adj. rods, and bub pipes. no idea on current cam or what if anyhthing has been done to heads. I am happy with current power but i have a leaky base gasket and a slight leak on rear head gasket. So if I have to pull the motor, I might as well add on some hp while i am at it. I have a reputable Mechanic at Master Cycles in plaistow n.h. that can do excellent work for me... Any thoughts or experience w R&R in manchester n.h?
Give them a call or better yet take a ride down and see what's going on.Talk about where you feel you need your power the most and dail in from there.One of the toughest parts of hot rodding is conveying what your looking for to the indy doing the work.Have fun either way the ride is worth it.
Whizzer motorbike
dog155 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2010, 07:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Average Dude

YankeeBob is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog155 View Post
Give them a call or better yet take a ride down and see what's going on.Talk about where you feel you need your power the most and dail in from there.One of the toughest parts of hot rodding is conveying what your looking for to the indy doing the work.Have fun either way the ride is worth it.
Agree. Take a ride and visit. All your questions will be answered, and then some. You will leave with your head spinning and you will be babbling incoherently. Possibly drooling. Information overload.

Deut. 23:12-13
YankeeBob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2010, 07:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

Claydbal...to answer your questions as to what turned me on to r&r....... it is word of mouth, like everyone who posted after you... And the mech at the shop i got to swayed me in the direction of the r&r stage IV heads. plus from what i gather, roughly 90hp and 90lb of tourque isnt bad out of an 80 incher. fyi the 90lbs of tourque is at 4500rpm but it will pull all day long. hits 70ft/lb at just over 2500rpm and climbs until 4500 then tapers to 80 at 6000rpm. soooo, soup to nuts i think this is what i want.
now....is the two into one pipe worth it? lol I also might add I am trying to do all of this parts and labor for under 5 grand...already looking at $2,260.50 for the Welding and C.N.C. porting your stock cylinders and heads, new pistons, cams, cam bearing, and steel breather gear.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

claydbal is reading this now saying WTF is this?
have you considered wood 6 and big boyz headwork? less than 2k for that build.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

Darkwolf86 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I havent had mine on a dyno yet but everyone says i should see 90+ on both sides and i only have about $3000.00 total in my 80". here is what i have.
SE heads, SE 10.5 to 1 pistons 10 over, Andrews EV59 cam, SE ignition, Crappy V&H longshots, Mikuni HSR 42 with SE Heavy Breather, S&S Tappets, SE adj push rods.
This is in a 87 FXSTC, it is a totally different monster now. My power come on a lot later now which everyone on here told me would happen. I just had to learn to change up my riding style a little. I am gonna bring it to the MOCO and have them try and Dyno tune it next month when our riding season is over. PS it destroys my buddies with stock 88" & 96" TC'S.
Darkwolf86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2010, 09:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

Darkwolf86 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I wish I would have talked with the guys on here before I did my build! I would have went with one of the many combos that are discussed here. I am very happy with the set up I am running now. But it sounds like I could have gotten more for a lot less. I would take the advice you recieve from some of these guys here, I am just telling you what I am running. I can change my fluids and tighten up the stuff that falls off! And i learned how to do that stuff by reading about it here. So thanks guys!!!!!
Darkwolf86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2010, 05:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
155" R&R TwinCam

dog155 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwolf86 View Post
I wish I would have talked with the guys on here before I did my build! I would have went with one of the many combos that are discussed here. I am very happy with the set up I am running now. But it sounds like I could have gotten more for a lot less. I would take the advice you recieve from some of these guys here, I am just telling you what I am running. I can change my fluids and tighten up the stuff that falls off! And i learned how to do that stuff by reading about it here. So thanks guys!!!!!
No matter what you build someone will come with a cheaper option isn't that the way of the world.Do it yourself then you will know for certain where "the bear shits in the buckwheat"Nothing like a hot rodded Harley even if you have to keep bolting parts back on them.
Whizzer motorbike
dog155 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011, 10:45 AM   #11 (permalink)

ok SO AS LUCK WOULD HAVE IT THE FINANCES ONLY PERMIT A RE-GASKETING OF THE MOTOR.... stupid i know when taking all apart but it is what it is........A friend of mine has a rinehart 2 into 1 pipe from his 93 fatboy which he never used and sold bike b4 putting on pipe. will sell it to me for $200 im pretty sure it is an $800 pipe.

My BIG question is aside from th bracket not matching up, will it still fit the engine? did the exhaust outlets and mounting holes change at all from 93 to 98?

HAVING LIMITED FUNDS SUX!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 10:46 AM   #12 (permalink)

Check my post about rinehart if u get a chance!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

EVO_SILAS wants to know Dino or Syn?
your looking at spending 3300-4000 for this build by the time your done, with stock cases that you need to be very concerned about when you get around 100 hp in an evo motor this is why in my case I am seriously thinking about just buying a 120" ultima motor for $4000 and having probably around a 110 hp real horsepower I have heard the cases on ultima motors are fine but I would really think about the bottom end and cases of your motor by the way that pipe is junk buy a thunderheader and you will be good
EVO_SILAS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #14 (permalink)

I am not doing the build this year. Just re-gasketing the motor.... I also dont have the money for a new pipe. Wasnt looking for a new pipe. Just came across this one. Price seemed cheap. PLus what I have on there now are short and fat. I think I mihgt be losing a lot of torque.

Last edited by FATBOY-98; 03-07-2011 at 06:47 PM.
FATBOY-98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011, 07:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

chriscalabro wants to know Dino or Syn?
I am running their heads going on 40K miles. Have been fantastic. Build quality is top notch. I am sure there are many options including less expensive options. All I can say is that this option is a solid choice.

R&R 131 Build

R&R Stage V billett Heads
S&S 640 Cams
R&R Billet 131 Jugs
Bassani Road Rage
HPI TB 62 MM
Baker DD7
Baker +1
SE Performance Comp
(1) Jagg Oil coolers
Michelin E3 Rubber
Rivera Pro Clutch Hydraulic
chriscalabro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.