V-Twin Forum banner

103" Oil Capacity?

27K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  RideMyWideGlide 
#1 ·
Dealer currently working on a SE 103 for my FXDWGI along with adding the Premium Oil Cooler #26081-05.

Question; Is the 103 engine oil capacity different than my base TC88, and how much additional oil is required when adding the oil cooler?

Also, the Preemium Oil Cooler indicates it has a thermostat, does that mean the seperate Thermostat Controller would not be needed? :thanks:

#2 ·
According to numerous specs listed on the web, the SE 103 oil capacity is 4 qts. Same as Twin Cam 88 motor.

The premium oil cooler comes with an integrated thermostat, so there is no need to add a second one.
It will require extra oil. How much? Not sure, but just fill it as usual until the reading on the dipstick is correct.

#3 ·
DCRANER said:
Dealer currently working on a SE 103 for my FXDWGI along with adding the Premium Oil Cooler #26081-05.

Question; Is the 103 engine oil capacity different than my base TC88, and how much additional oil is required when adding the oil cooler?

Also, the Preemium Oil Cooler indicates it has a thermostat, does that mean the seperate Thermostat Controller would not be needed? :thanks:
Neither you oil pan or bottom end on your motor changes in size or capacity when upgrading to a 103" build. So, the oil capacity is the same as stock.
There should be an owner's manual or paperwork that came with your oil cooler which would tell you the capacity of that item to add to your base oil total when refilling. Also, always go about 1/2 quart below what the book tells you. That will keep you from having any problems with blow-by into your air cleaner.

Good luck,

#4 ·
road_king said:
According to numerous specs listed on the web, the SE 103 oil capacity is 4 qts. Same as Twin Cam 88 motor.

The premium oil cooler comes with an integrated thermostat, so there is no need to add a second one.
It will require extra oil. How much? Not sure, but just fill it as usual until the reading on the dipstick is correct.
My 05' book says 3qts. I put 3 qts in when I change the oil and it's full.
But the dealer seems to always charge me for 6qts when they do it. I guess they know how to cram more oil in there than is possible for us mortals.
Go figure.

Brad

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.