Lucas oil stabilizer : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Technical Discussion Forums > Engine Oils and Lubrication
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 06:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

sportydave wants to know Dino or Syn?
Lucas oil stabilizer

Like the title says. Has anyone used this stuff in their tc88. I was reading the web site and it says great things about it and I was wondering if you have used it have you noticed a drop in oil temp , rise in oil pressure and a little more quite motor.
sportydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Outsider

Half_crazy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Ok, Lucas oil is supposed to be the best oil, right?

So... why does it need stabilizer? Is it somehow unstable? Makes no sense at all.
bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt.
Half_crazy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

NJ Rider wants to know Dino or Syn?
About every other tankful I use a few ounces of SeaFoam. The bike seems to run a touch better.
NJ Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

Dan89FLSTC wants to know Dino or Syn?
Snake Oil.

And Seafoam, a mixture of Alcohol,Naptha and Oil... What is special about that?

Leave that stuff on the shelf at the store...

Change your oil (any 20w50 is fine) every once in a while and ride regularly.

That`s all the engine needs.
Dan89FLSTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

pigrider wants to know Dino or Syn?
Wouldn't touch the stuff. Just about all the synthetic oils on the market specifically say not to mix anything with them. There are many good synthetics & dino oils on the market, if you don't like what you're oil is doing change you're brand, don't try a home brew.
pigrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

sportydave wants to know Dino or Syn?
I haven't put Any in I was just wondering what you guys thought. I use the valvoline 20/50 motorcycle oil with no probs. thanks for the replies.
sportydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

M-16Pilot wants to know Dino or Syn?
Well I was told once if that stuff was any good it would already be in the oil, Fuel to begin with.

Tim
Harley annoying yuppies since 1903
M-16Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

blubyubusa wants to know Dino or Syn?
Lucas

Both of my sons have a high horsepower drag car. One car runs low fours in the eighth and the other runs mid fours in the eighth. One is turbo and the other is blower. The guy that builds those motors always includes a quart of lucas in the oil within the motor when they get it from him. In other words if it is an eight quart pan seven are valvoline 20/50 racing oil and one is Lucas. He started using it because when he disassembles those motors the lubricant adheres significantly better to all parts needing lubrication than when those motors are disassembled with straight oil. I have always thought as several noted above the oil has got everything it needs and I have never done it in my normal motors. I think of those things as oil thickeners, but since my dyna is oil/air cooled and lubricated bearings are so important and with this summers heat in the southeast, I may consider it. At the very least I will always use a synthetic.
blubyubusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
IronButt

NJ Rider wants to know Dino or Syn?
Just re-read your post. I use a couple of ounces of SeaFoam in the GAS, every other tankful. Nothing in the oil, I use synthetic.
NJ Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
IronButt

wndchsr wants to know Dino or Syn?
Just see no need for it if you are using a good quality oil to begin with.

Patriot Guard ID #181788
US Navy Veteran
wndchsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

TUCCI wants to know Dino or Syn?
It's a redundancy to something that's already there......people add it thinking it can only help when in actuality it's a placebo.

2011 FLHR ROAD KING
96" motor/50w VR1 in winter-60w VR1 in summer/Jackpot 3.5" mufflers/Catalyst removed/SS Stealth AC/Mustang solo seat with backrest/Santee 14" apes/Road 6 Customs lowering kit/Jagg 10 row oil cooler without thermostat/floorboard extenders/Badlands brake-light kit/Power Commander-5 with modified FM map....
TUCCI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement