12v Auxiliary Power Port(for Cell Phone Charger or GPS) : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Technical Discussion Forums > Electrical, Wiring and Lighting
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 04:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Vader wants to know Dino or Syn?
Lightbulb 12v Auxiliary Power Port(for Cell Phone Charger or GPS)

This may be old news, (I did a search), but I found this very useful plug at O'reillly's Auto Parts. It only cost $3.99. It plugs in to the Battery Tender plug on the bike and has power when the bike is off. This is great for charging your phone or keeping your gps on. It also has a rubber cap to keep water out when not in use. It could also be run up to the handlebars for a gps. I had one on my V-rod and I now have one on my Road King. I sent them out for free,(People payed me for the plug and shipping but I made no profit). Some people didn't have an O'reilly's near them, so I got it for them. I would be willing to do the same here. I know I'm new here, but, if anyone needs some feedback I was 'Vaders Rod' on 1130cc.com. I have a great i trader reputation over there.

Last edited by Vader; 05-05-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2009, 04:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

rewind wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thanks for the heads up.........I'll have to see if our local store has those!!!!

1997 FLSTC

"Hanging in, Hanging on, Hanging out"
rewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

DueceDog wants to know Dino or Syn?
This is funny, two almost identical questions on the same night.

Go to your dealer and get a 3 prong pigtail. It plugs right into a spare plug on the harness under your seat. Also get the metal tabs and female plugs to go with it. I just wired my Deuce last Sunday for the GPS power.
Sorry, don't have the part numbers handy at the moment, but that's the easiest way to do it.

I bought a second auto power cord, cut the end off that plugs into a cig lighter, snaked the wire from the handlebar,under the tank, to the battery area, soldered the new male spade connector on to the wire, and plugged it into the harness. The black ground wire went right to the same bracket that the main ground wire from the battery bolts to.
It took me about 30 minutes to do. Using the accessory harness from the dealer will give you three power sources and requires no cutting of the factory wiring.

Decided to brave the downpour and go out to the garage and get the part number for ya.
'ACCESSORY ADAPTER HARNESS KIT' PART # 70270-04
Make sure to ask the parts guy for the matching terminal housings and spades for the harness.

Vietnam Vet
PGR rider
DueceDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
FNG :)

FXDF-Kurt wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
This may be old news, (I did a search), but I found this very useful plug at O'reillly's Auto Parts. It only cost $3.99. It plugs in to the Battery Tender plug on the bike and has power when the bike is off. This is great for charging your phone or keeping your gps on. It also has a rubber cap to keep water out when not in use. It could also be run up to the handlebars for a gps. I had one on my V-rod and I now have one on my Road King. I sent them out for free,(People payed me for the plug and shipping but I made no profit). Some people didn't have an O'reilly's near them, so I got it for them. I would be willing to do the same here. I know I'm new here, but, if anyone needs some feedback I was 'Vaders Rod' on 1130cc.com. I have a great i trader reputation over there.

Thanks Vader, a google search brought your post up regarding the 12v Auxiliary Power Port from O'Reily Auto Parts. It helped me a lot (and saved me money). I will use it with my Garmin Zumo 220. The 12v Aux adapter for my Harley was only FOUR BUCKS!!! Nice. Also, your helpful post got me to sign up to this V-Twin forum just to thank ya. I hope I can help someone in future as much as you have helped me.
-Kurt
FXDF Fat Bob '09
Black Pearl
FXDF-Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement