Tuners Who Calibrate VE's with the Twin-Scan/WEGO : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Technical Discussion Forums > Fuel Systems > EFI Maps and Calibrations
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

Herko wants to know Dino or Syn?
Tuners Who Calibrate VE's with the Twin-Scan/WEGO

Tuners Who Calibrate VE's with the Twin-Scan/WEGO

PROBLEM:
For years, I've sought an easy, accurate and in particular an automated way to calculate a 'new VE number’ derived via using Daytona Twin Tec's Twin-Scan/WEGO III-D.

Note: I am fully aware of Smart Tune, VTune, Power Vision, Direct Link etc. This info is for the many tuners who choose to use the TS/WEGO to calibrate VEs with certain tuning devices.

WORKABLE BUT CUMBERSOME/TIME CONSUMING SOLUTION(S):
Use the Twin Scan “VE Percent Correction Display”. Then, manually adjust VE's or use an Excel spread sheet to create new VE's. And, hope the breakpoints align with the tuning device’s VE tables.

GREAT SOLUTION:
Use the software program “MyTune”
It's almost too easy. If you can copy/paste VE's, find a log file in a folder and identify a base cal designator, you can use MyTune. It’s fast, straightforward and precise.

The generated 'new' VE's are accurate. They are even better than Twin-Scan’s own corrections due to how Frank (developer/owner of MyTune) designed the algorithms. Also, no more finagling with x-y axes breakpoints that don’t align.

For over two months now, with a high degree of success, I’ve used MyTune in conjunction with the TS/WEGO for the VE calibration phase of the tunes I’ve performed. This is for the AFR cal’d and Lambda cal’d bikes alike.

In addition to a table of copy/paste-able and accurate ‘new’ VE’s, MyTune also shows percent change, correction and hit counts. MyTune has many other features available as well.

IMO, the $29.99 end-user non-commercial price is a bargain. For commercial users, Frank may have some updated special and short term trial pricing.

To find more info, Google or Dogpile the three words: tune my harley
This will show you the website link.

Cheers,
John

P.S. The above comments were not solicited by the developer/owner of MyTune whatsoever.
Herko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

strokerjlk is reading this now saying WTF is this?
thanks john
i had it on another computer,quite a while ago.
looking at the newest stuff I am going to have to buy it again for another look .
SE 218
DR 218

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
strokerjlk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

Herko wants to know Dino or Syn?
You'll be glad you did Jim.
I had an early version a year and a half or so ago...today's version has come along way. It's one of those those things you'll never know how you got along without it.
John
Herko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Member

laserp wants to know Dino or Syn?
30 dollars? I'm in... Been struggling for 3 years with the cut and paste, manual process.

Thanks Herko
02 FLSTCI 117, Darkhorsed, Baisley Pro-Street Heads & corrected geo. roller rockers, Axtell kit 20 deg. rev. dome pistons 11.5:1, HPI 55/58mm MaxFlow tb, Tman TR-662-2 & 3 stage pump, Boarzilla, Barnett Scorpion clutch, Jag 10 row oil cooler, tuned w/ Twin Scan II+/WEGO IIID

10 Ultra Limited 103, Andrews 54 cam, SEAC mod breather, Bigboyz ported heads @10.2 comp, Jackpot 2-1-2 header and Dyno tuned muffs, TTS, tuned w/ Twin Scan II+/WEGO IIID
laserp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

strokerjlk is reading this now saying WTF is this?
thanks John
just what the doctor ordered.
Lazer you gotta try it.
SE 218
DR 218

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
strokerjlk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
AXTELLERATOR

relxn88 wants to know Dino or Syn?
[QUOTE=Herko;2201583]Tuners Who Calibrate VE's with the Twin-Scan/WEGO

I've been using these automatic excel programs from the twintec site.
The excel program automatically calculates the WEGO adjustments and changes the final VE number automatically. It doesn't affect cells not to be changed. I copy the entire map, from the excel program selected, and paste it on to the working map of the tuner. There's no manual calculating of the numbers. Just select the particular Excel converter that matches the tuner map.
On the twintec web page, scroll down the page until:
How can I use Excel spreadsheets with the Screamin' Eagle® Pro Super Tuner and Dynojet® Power Commander®?
There's 10 auto converters for twinscan3 and 12 for twinscan2.
They download directly into your computer. I'm not sure if they're easier than Mytune, but the excel converters are automatic.

http://www.daytona-twintec.com/tech_twin_scan2.html
http://www.daytona-twintec.com/tech_twin_scan3.html
relxn88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 12:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

HDWRENCH wants to know Dino or Syn?
the mytune program is a very fast and easy way to get the job done. Thanks for the heads up on that.
HDWRENCH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.