Top Tuners - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Technical Discussion Forums > Fuel Systems > EFI Discussion
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2005, 10:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

fxstc94 wants to know Dino or Syn?
matt at fullerton-anaheim hd did my brothers 05 road glide and several friends back their and larry hardy at lifestyle cycles
fxstc94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2005, 01:00 AM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Paniolo wants to know Dino or Syn?
For SoCal,

I have had my bike tuned by three shops. It's an M&M '01 Ultra with 95", .203 cams, SE intake, true duals, and free flowing mufflers. It has always been a bitch to tune, and never ran right. It pinged like a can of bolts. I've been through two TFIs, a PCII, a PCIIIr and finally an SERT.

Gary Bethurem at World Thunder Empire http://www.worldthunderempire.com/worldthunder.html, did the SERT dyno tune with it. The bike runs better than it ever has. Every other place needed the bike for a whole day. Gary did the MAP while I waited and had it done in about three hours. I'd go to him again.

Danny at Glendale HD is pretty good too. He came very close when he tuned the PCIIIr, but my mpgs were poor. He was my first choice to tune the SERT, but he was all booked up. So I went with Gary instead. I'm glad I did, I am very pleased with the way it turned out.

Cullen at Bartels HD did an okay job with the PCIIIr. He's a nice guy and all, but I don't think he comes close to Gary and Danny. His tune was so rich my mpgs were horrible.
Paniolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 07:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
killer sperm

Milehog wants to know Dino or Syn?
Mike Stegman at Latus Motors HD in Gladstone Oregon was recomended to me by someone at the top of the HD performance industry.
Depending on the time of year (racing season) it may be difficult to schedule him.

Last edited by Milehog; 01-25-2006 at 04:18 PM.
Milehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 01:23 AM   #19 (permalink)
IronButt

HIPPO wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlerx
I wouldn't take a moped to Greg Coen. His dyno job on my bike didn't even make the 100 mile ride home before taking a crap so bad it would hardly run at all. I only had stage 1 and a dfo, it was running pretty good when I took it in but had never been dynoed, just alot of tinkering by me. I had to re-tune it myself. Plus he is awfully difficult to deal with.
Had alot of other problems when I took my bike to him, DEFINATELY ONE TO AVOID!
my

I have no connection with the guy, but in the past some of my customers from WA were referred and dealt with him and they all reported positive results. Sorry about your experience but I stand by my opinion.
HIPPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 09:21 AM   #20 (permalink)
Hellbound Train

csoday is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Cajun Cycles (H.D. dealership) Lafayette Louisiana
Indian Rick
Note: I can only attest to his abilities with the SERT, but assume he is as thourough with the PCIII

'03 FXSTBI 103" Stroker
112 hp -- 121 tq
100% S.E.

My V Twin Gallery

Last edited by csoday; 11-13-2005 at 10:28 AM.
csoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 02:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
Fashion Conscious

luke611 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Joplin, MO

John Golden seems to know his stuff. He got me done in about an hour, raised me 10-15 ft lbs of TQ in the 70-80 mph range by adding a slight bit of restriction to my baffled V&H Big Shot Longs, plus a few other tricks.

http://www.rollingthunderdyno.com/

I'd definately go back.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
FNG :)

uj034 wants to know Dino or Syn?
So Cal

Tony at Pomona Valley Harley-Davidson.

http://www.pvhd.com/

Pomona Valley Harley-Davidson
8710 Central Avenue, Montclair, CA 91763
Phone: (909) 981-9500
Toll-Free: (888) HARLEY-8
Fax: (909) 706-4501
uj034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 11:02 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Paniolo wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by uj034
Tony at Pomona Valley Harley-Davidson.

http://www.pvhd.com/

Pomona Valley Harley-Davidson
8710 Central Avenue, Montclair, CA 91763
Phone: (909) 981-9500
Toll-Free: (888) HARLEY-8
Fax: (909) 706-4501
You better double check that one. I may be mistaken, but last I heard Tony had a heart condition and had not yet returned to work. I have heard that he is a good tuner, but when he does return, it will be on a restricted basis,
Paniolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 11:09 PM   #24 (permalink)

PaulCummings wants to know Dino or Syn?
I too have heard that Tony is the best bar none as for So. Cal.... If anybody picks up the low down on his condition please post it.... I am in the middle of a 95" Branch build via Bennett's Performance. I am hoping that Tony will be available to make it all it's supposed to be....
PaulCummings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 06:18 AM   #25 (permalink)
IronButt

Friday1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milehog
We need a data base of good dyno guys from all regions of North America. If you guys know of any let's list 'em here.

Moderators Note: Please list Tuners only, no hijacking or other request. If you have a question about a reference, PM or email the poster.
We are DYNO-POWER in Toledo, Ohio. We are an INDY shop. We do alot of hi performance motor work and tuning. We have a Dyno Jet load control dyno, that we keep updated with all the latest Dyno-Jet software, and we service our dynomometer to make sure the results are correct. We get alot of work that has been done at a MOCO shop, but needs to be done correctly. Our phone number is 419 478 7940. Friday
Old 11-01-2005, 06:53 AM   #26 (permalink)
IronButt

Seahag wants to know Dino or Syn?
Southern Minnesota shop

Jason Kellis at Faribault Harley Davidson, in Faribault Minnesota did a nice job on my bike and a couple friends. I did my homework on him and found he is certified at MMG...which is a respected training center for dyno tuning. He's also familiar with Doug from Watertown who's already made this list. Jason told me he's consulted with him before, and I appreciate a guy who doesn't believe he knows everything.

http://www.faribaulthd.com/custompag...5i03jamq1481r0
Old 11-04-2005, 01:49 PM   #27 (permalink)

waterboy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Ron Cairns at RC Cycle in Hayward, CA. 510 471 9755. The best I have seen or heard of in Nor Cal.
Haven't dealt with Ron but Bob at RC was very cool. He did a intro to dyno's for me and explained everything. The bike runs great, hard to believe one jet change made that much difference. Will be taking the RK back once I get the 95" kit broke in.

FWIW - RC is the pinnacle in NorCal
waterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 02:48 PM   #28 (permalink)
IronButt

Fire4Effect wants to know Dino or Syn?
Oregon - Mid-Valley Cycles in Hubbard. DynoJet 250 - authorized DynoJet / PowerCommander service center.

WEB SITE
503-981-1344

Side note for Hippo: Greg Coen's tuner of 10 years works at Mid-Valley now. Perhaps that has made the difference in the reports coming out of Coen's now???
Old 11-09-2005, 06:52 PM   #29 (permalink)
killer sperm

Milehog wants to know Dino or Syn?
Black Hills Ken
Milehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 01:32 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

ToddM wants to know Dino or Syn?
Barnyard Customs

Barnyard Customs in Nicholville, NY (east of Potsdam). Friendly and experienced technician. Dyno tuning only $50/hour. I bring my bike to him every spring for a tune-up whether it needs it or not. Usually, I've done some mods to the motor, so it needs it anyway. Never had a problem and it always runs great!

http://barnyardcustom.com/
ToddM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement