T-max autotune installed, now what? : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Technical Discussion Forums > Fuel Systems > EFI Discussion
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

alexlivetoride wants to know Dino or Syn?
T-max autotune installed, now what?

Got my Streetbob back from the dealer, short block replaced under warranty, took them a month and a half, glad that she runs. I installed the T-max yesterday, straight forward installation except grinding the ecm caddy, not a big deal. Loaded the base map, initialize and iac relearn etc, bike runs great. Now what should I do? Just ride? How do I know if the wide band o2s are working? There is also a check engine light, I will check it today. Thanks!
alexlivetoride is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Just scan the codes, EGO front and back, I assume EGO is O2 sensor. Check connection all good, front and rear EGO AFR numbers don't move at all, is that normal? I am going to ride it first and recheck.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

MFXDB wants to know Dino or Syn?
To check the sensors, link up and monitor, don't start it up. If the front and rear sensors read 19.36 they are fine.
Just ride it for at least 300 miles and check the TMax Control Center to see how your offsets are doing. IMO, the TMCC says to do Auto Map way too soon, so unless your bike is not running right, leave that alone for a few hundred miles.
The best way to develop your tuning offsets is to accelerate lightly (but don't lug it), going up hills or with a passenger helps since you are running under a load. You want the ECM to see how everything works throughout the rpm ranges.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Member

Eleft36 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlivetoride View Post
Got my Streetbob back from the dealer, short block replaced under warranty, took them a month and a half, glad that she runs. I installed the T-max yesterday, straight forward installation except grinding the ecm caddy, not a big deal. Loaded the base map, initialize and iac relearn etc, bike runs great. Now what should I do? Just ride? How do I know if the wide band o2s are working? There is also a check engine light, I will check it today. Thanks!
You would have gotten a flash notice on your computer screen that the o2 sensors were not found and would you like to go to open loop.

Al
Stock 110" mufflers Stock Heads Andrews 26 Cams SE103" BB Kit Zippers Cam Chain Tensioners SE Compensator Mustang Wide Touring Seat Stock Bars H.D. Oil Cooler 1990's LeatherWorks inc Saddle Bags with HD Deluxe modified guards H-D Windshield Thunder Max A/T 2005 S E Tour Pack Progressive Shocks & fork Mono Tube kit
Eleft36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

RTFM! I didn't plug the 4 terminals socket to run close loop, my bad! All good now, thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement