Thundermax base map?? : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Technical Discussion Forums > Fuel Systems > EFI Discussion
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2007, 04:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

rollover wants to know Dino or Syn?
Thundermax base map??

Received my Tmax today and was looking thru the base maps and can't find one that matches my build. I'm not looking for an exact match but something close but still not sure which one to use. I know someone here using the Tmax has to have a very similar build so curious which base map you are using. Here are my bikes stats:
2006 Ultra
25 degree injectors
95"
SE flat top pistons
D&D Fat Cats
stock 06 heads
Andrews 26g cams

I found a couple close matches with 05 heads and a couple close matches with the 96" motor. Anyone with a similar build to mine, which number base map are you using?

Old 08-29-2007, 05:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Not a FNG....

beurgard wants to know Dino or Syn?
contact kdietz he has a similar build to yours but has changed his map so many times I am not sure on the original he had. He would have it on file and would be happy to send it to you.
beurgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

otterhigh2 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollover
I found a couple close matches with 05 heads and a couple close matches with the 96" motor. Anyone with a similar build to mine, which number base map are you using?
I have a SE stage II 95" motor with 203 cams, stock headers and recored stock mufflers similar to Fullsac's and I use a 96" map. It runs great. I would use 397 if I were you. Closest intake, exhaust, and displacement and cam is close enough for it to tune.
otterhigh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Member

99igor wants to know Dino or Syn?
According to the software I have in front of me you should use the 180 map. It has stock heads, 95" w flat tops and your cam and a thunder header. Based on the description you put up.

Did you know that if you right click on the column it will eliminate a lot of extra stuff. For example right click on 95" and all other engine sizes will disappear.

99FLHTCI 1550
Bishops Preformance Hammer Heads stage 2
Se 10.25:1 pistons
Zippers 50mm throttle body
S&S 570 gear drive
Zippers air cleaner
Supertrapp Supermeg exhaust
Zippers Thunder Max with Auto Tune

Remember, no matter where you go, there you are
99igor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

180 map on mine is for an 88" motor. I have used the right click to narrow down the choices. Just seems as though there is always something that throws the map off. I would think there would be an exact match somewhere seeing as my build is pretty common. I loaded 397 last night and all seems well but it was late and I have yet to ride the bike. Only thing that concerns me is that the map is for a 96" so I'm not sure if the 6 speed trans. comes into play somehow. I do appreciate all the suggestions and help guy's.
rollover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

Tmax is in and took the maiden voyage today. What a difference. This is definitely how the bike is supposed to run. No decel pop. No pinging. Runs very smooth. Pulls strong. I'll check mileage tonight on the way to work. No more hesitation while starting. Only need to touch the starter button and the bike fires up immediately. Very sweet. Anyone on the fence, take my advice and get the thing. You won't regret it.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
I loaded 397 last night and all seems well but it was late and I have yet to ride the bike. Only thing that concerns me is that the map is for a 96" so I'm not sure if the 6 speed trans. comes into play somehow. I do appreciate all the suggestions and help guy's.
Because it's a 96" motor the speedo numbers are for a 6 speed. You just have to change the speedo calibration numbers to the 5 speed numbers for your year bike in the tuning manual. I don't recall whet they are because I have tweaked mine to make my speedo match my GPS.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

Thanks otter. I called Zippers today and mentioned using the 96" map and was told to use a 95" map instead. They said motor size was the first priority in deciding which map to use. I ended up using 197 which is on the bike now but might change it tomorrow as there is a newer version of it(I think 383). Only issue I have noticed is that when downshifting and pulling in the clutch between 2nd to 1st, the rpms drop to about 500. Seems a little low to me. Hopefully the newer version fixes this. So you say that 397 runs great for you? Have you noticed anything with it that you don't like? Maybe I will try that one too. I thought I saw one of the setting for that map that mentioned something about 6th gear. That is one of the reasons I backed off of it. I'll have to look at it again.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Thanks otter. I called Zippers today and mentioned using the 96" map and was told to use a 95" map instead. They said motor size was the first priority in deciding which map to use. I ended up using 197 which is on the bike now but might change it tomorrow as there is a newer version of it(I think 383). Only issue I have noticed is that when downshifting and pulling in the clutch between 2nd to 1st, the rpms drop to about 500. Seems a little low to me. Hopefully the newer version fixes this. So you say that 397 runs great for you? Have you noticed anything with it that you don't like? Maybe I will try that one too. I thought I saw one of the setting for that map that mentioned something about 6th gear. That is one of the reasons I backed off of it. I'll have to look at it again.
One of the problems with Zippers is that if you talk to 4 different guys you will get 4 different answers. The tuning manual list them in order of injector size, displacement, then exhaust. I could see how putting a 96" map on an 88" motor might be a problem, but not 1 inch. A dirty air filter or different muffler will make more of a difference than 1 cubic inch of displacement will, that's only 1/2 inch per cylinder on paper and probably even less than that in real life. I don't use 397, I run 392 on my bike, 95" with 203 cams, stock head pipes and re-cored stock muffler shells similar to Fulsac's but the map is for a 96". The injectors, intake, exhaust headers, and heads are an exact match. The mufflers and cam are close enough for the autotune to work with. I've used 7 different base maps and this one is hands down the best match I've found to my build. If the thing couldn't auto tune 1 cubic inch difference in displacement then it wouldn't be worth a pint of....well you get it. All I did is change the speedo claibration from 07 6 speed gearing to to 06 gearing. The 6 speed stuff is only to make the 6th gear light work so it won't matter on your bike. Then I set the AFR's where I want them to be and started working on the timing. Now I've got a great running bike that gets in the low to mid 40's for mileage and almost never gets hot. Exactly what I was looking for when I got it. There are lots of guys running maps for different displacement motors with great results.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
FNG :)

jpeirens wants to know Dino or Syn?
Also Looking for Thundermax Base map......

Just received my T-Max autotune and am having some issues finding an appropriate map. Even the one that Zippers suggested didn't work well...

2006 Road King
8 degree injectors
95ci
SE flat top pistons
Stock headers and V&H slip ons
P/P Race Heads
Andrews 26g cams

Is there any base you suggest? I'm going to try a couple again today.
jpeirens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 08:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

rbearden56 wants to know where he is and how he got here
There is a map for the 95 CI, 8 degree injectors, and whatever exhaust. Start here, and the auto tune will do the rest as you ride it. It will learn your set up and adjust, mine did with no problems
rbearden56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement