Tman 625 build....dyno attached : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Performance Forums > Dyno Discussion
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

jnb1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Tman 625 build....dyno attached

I just got the dyno results from my new build on my 2011 Electra Glide Classic. I had the SE 103 Big Bore Stage 2 installed back in 2011 before I brought it home. Was running SE 255 cams with a Pro Pipe. It ran great but after 2 years decided to go with the following:

Tman Pro Touring Heads
Tman 625 cam
Wisco 10.5 Dome Pistons
HPI 58mm Throttle Body
Aim VPR Clutch
Kept the Prop Pipe
Static Compression set at 10.8
121 HP and 116 TQ

Your thoughts...??
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tman 625.pdf (296.3 KB, 617 views)
jnb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

stuntboy88 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Awesome power from a 103!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
stuntboy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

blue flht wants to know Dino or Syn?
I went with the 600sm cam in mine, look's like yours is fun up top.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

HighLiner wants to know Dino or Syn?
Nice numbers! Did Ray C's do the wrenching too?
HighLiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yep, Ray C's did the build. I didn't even know about them until Tman recomended them to me when I spoke with him about using his parts. They do alot of Tman builds and are AWESOME people to work with.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

n.e.confederate wants to know Dino or Syn?
Wow! Fantastic power! I have an "all bore" 107" build coming up (if I ever get the $$ to get it together) in which I'm using the 625. Nice to see!

Eric
'02 Road King
All Bore (4-1/8") 107"
T-Man 625G cams
Insane Power heads

n.e.confederate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

hdrider1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnb1 View Post
I just got the dyno results from my new build on my 2011 Electra Glide Classic. I had the SE 103 Big Bore Stage 2 installed back in 2011 before I brought it home. Was running SE 255 cams with a Pro Pipe. It ran great but after 2 years decided to go with the following:

Tman Pro Touring Heads
Tman 625 cam
Wisco 10.5 Dome Pistons
HPI 58mm Throttle Body
Aim VPR Clutch
Kept the Prop Pipe
Static Compression set at 10.8
121 HP and 116 TQ

Your thoughts...??
I notice your numbers are STD instead of SAE -- SAE would probably be closer to 115hp/110tq, but still good numbers.

Isn't your bike a Throttle by Wire bike? -- I wasn't aware that HPI was offering 58mm TB for the TBW bikes -- is that something they have recently started offering?

What tuner are you using -- the SERT or other?

I have a 2010 Road King with a very similar set-up (T-man Pro Touring Heads, T-man 625 Cam, HPI 54mm TB, T-man 107" Pistons (10.5cr), and D&D Borzilla exhaust). My results fell short (107hp/108tq SAE) of your 103" build -- when I talked to T-man he said my results were not unusual for a 6 speed (due to higher frictional losses), but I keep seeing similar build (like yours) with better numbers and keep wondering what I might change to bring the numbers up to what seems reasonable for a 107".

Dennis
hdrider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

I saw your dyno and thread and kinda used it as a guide when deciding on which way to go with my build. It sure sure looks like a fun ride. The numbers I got are pretty much spot on to what T Man and my dealer both told me I would end up with.

Not sure if the 58mm TB is new or not....and yep I am using the SERT. The only difference I see between our parts is the AIM VP Clutch and I am still running the stock injectors. Maybe give the Service Manager at the place that did my build a call and see what he has to say. They use Tman parts almost exclusively and do alot of performance builds there.

Joe.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
IronButt

hdrider1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnb1 View Post
I saw your dyno and thread and kinda used it as a guide when deciding on which way to go with my build. It sure sure looks like a fun ride. The numbers I got are pretty much spot on to what T Man and my dealer both told me I would end up with.

Not sure if the 58mm TB is new or not....and yep I am using the SERT. The only difference I see between our parts is the AIM VP Clutch and I am still running the stock injectors. Maybe give the Service Manager at the place that did my build a call and see what he has to say. They use Tman parts almost exclusively and do alot of performance builds there.

Joe.
Kind of surprised you went with the same build after I had expressed some disappointment in the final numbers. Looks like key differences between your build and mine is that you had higher CR (10.8 vs 10.5) and the throttle body size (mine is 54mm (bored out from 50mm by HPI) and you have one of their new 58mm units (i checked their website). I also have the Thundermax (never dyno tuned) and you use the SERT (dyno Tuned). I would guess that the CR had a significant impact on the numbers.

Also, when I talked to Brian (Tmans dyno tuner) he said that they had discovered some "issues" with the flow in the early Pro Touring heads -- apparently something about the port shape. You probably have their newer Stage 2 heads (mine were from 2 years ago).

I'll just ride my 2010 Road King through this summer and then been thinking about freshening it up with Tman Stage 4 heads, 11:1CR and Tman 662-1 cam. I bought a 2010 Wide Glide off of Craigs List during last Thanksgiving and made those Stage 4 mods last month -- I have been very impressed so far even though still breaking it in. Once I finally dyno it in April I'll post the numbers and decide if I want to duplicate it on the Road King.

Enjoy your ride -- it's only 9 degrees here in Ohio so I had to postpone completing my break-in til I get a few more warm days. May not be much better for you if you're in Michigan.

Dennis
hdrider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement