V-Twin Forum banner

Suburban Motors Harley Davidson - Thiensville, WI

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  berserker 
#1 ·
I recently had a pretty good experience at Suburban Motors Harley Davidson in Thiensville, WI. A couple weekends ago, I had a front tire go flat. Took it in to Suburban mid-week expecting the worst – that I would need a new tire. Turns out it was just a loose valve stem core so the tightened it up and checked the same on the rear tire and found no issue. Best part was, no charge to me. It wouldn’t have been a lot of money in labor charge but small things like that are what can make a person loyal to a dealership over any other local dealer.

Then, to top off the trip to the dealer… I was in parts and was going to buy the chrome headbolt bridge for my 05 Heritage and one of the parts guys changed my mind and I ended up with the finned headbolt covers. He also gave me 15% off instead of the 10% they give everybody since he changed my mind.

#2 ·
I have had some poor relations with them. BUt my bike, quick deal, picked up next day. The stuff I ordered when I bought it took weeks to be turned over. One guy who said it as shipped, next guy would say should ship soon.

4.5k miles, 3 weeks, it died. I put on a new air cleaner and loaded in a map. They kept blaming me. Accused me off kinds of crap when I loaded the map. All you do is plug in SERT. Year before I rebuilt the motor on my other bike.

So I took my old bike on the vacation, that I bought new bike for. Get back it is not fixed. The service department tells me they are to busy to work on it, new bikes need to be set up. I call salesman, he says this is awful, manager is going to call me by 1. Never does, I call him. Gets it fixed, warranty to issue, nothing I did, bad sensor.

Bike stalls. I bring in, they tell me didn't for them. Radio turned on by itself. They said bad ground, and fixed. Nope.

Next year all kinds of problems, on my vacation. They again tell me to busy to work on it. My 1 year old 20k bike, was POS.

I took it different dealer after that.

I have no loyalty, what ever dealer I am driving by I get parts from, or I order from a dealer that sells 20% off.

They used to be good at keeping stuff in stock.

#4 ·
I had a number of bad experiences. Sucker the fun out of $20k. Not just the dealer but the bike was assembled poorly. The tourpak lock was upside down. Never worked or checked.

Plus harley dropped the ball on 2007.

I was very bitter with harley and dealers. Girl friend was nervous when I yelled out that willie was a c sucker when he came out at 105th. He is more into cosmetics the engines.

Crappy experience all the way around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.