Beware Chrome Pros Plating (Corpus Christi Texas) : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Motorcycle Related Groups and Forums > Dealership/Shop Experiences/Online Retailers
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2011, 09:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
IronButt

twojafo wants to know Dino or Syn?
Beware Chrome Pros Plating (Corpus Christi Texas)

Long Post

Just a heads up . I had originally posted in the wheels section back in April. When I had ordered some stuff from Chrome Pros.
They take stock Harley items strip them down chrome and polish them.

April 8th I ordered front and rear 5 spoke rims , polished rotors 2 x front , 1 rear , and chromed pulley for my 2000 Road king.
Rotors and pulley were to come installed as well as bearings front and rear. As well as chromed axle spacers. It was a straight sale $ 1850 ,including shipping.

Was told it was all in stock and will ship by end of week .

Fat chance.

After being told they were shipped already on two separate occasions .
They were finally shipped on May 3rd.
They finally arrived on May 6th .

Open the box wow nice rims , wait a minute rotors and pulley not mounted , and only one rotor , no hardware no spacers , nothing . Rotor is cut so thin cant tell manufacturer part # nothing. Call the company your sales guys not in call Monday.

No not Monday wheres all my stuff . We don't mount anything and no hardware included . I explain not what your sales guy said .
Cant help you.

(My Bikes been up on my lift for weeks now) Rims off , polished my fork lowers, ordered new brake pads . Cant wait another month to order with other company . Decide to keep rims . Buy rotors and hardware local.

No problem I am returning the rotor you shipped and want my Credit card credited for the other two rotors you didn't ship .
Sent back the same day.

I sent a couple of emails to company as well as phone calls , they received the rotor on May 9th , ( I have receipt signature .)
Company stated they would credit my card . Well as of today no credit . Had to file a dispute with credit card company.

As a friend told me the company doesn't care about you how many times are you going to put rims on your bike . They got your business and they will return the money when the credit card company makes them not before .

SO JUST BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY IF YOUR LOOKING FOR PARTS.

Sorry for the long post , when I get further resolution I will let you know .
twojafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2011, 11:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

WikkedWorkshop wants to know Dino or Syn?
Unfortunate to hear of things like this... Bet it really makes you wanna burn that mother down... Wont be going there anytime soon...
Wood tw8, Lifters, & springs
Heads "street ported" by Dean Turk

What do I know I dont even use Amsoil!!!
WikkedWorkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

Yea I prefer to do business in person . Makes things a whole lot less complicated .
Hell just credit me for the rotors its not complicated .

Thanks for the support
Old 05-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

NJ Rider wants to know Dino or Syn?
Guess I just got lucky. I ordered similar wheels (9 spoke Harley stock wheels), polished and chromed from a company on e-bay, and was seriously worried what I was going to get. The company (Hi Luster chrome, Hunterdon (?) CA sent me the wheels on time. I polished the front one, it was great, but noticed a spot on the rear one. Called them up, they said ship it back (they paid postage), called me up a day after it arrived and apologized, re-chromed the wheel and sent it back to me, all on their dime.
It's the way business should be done.
NJ Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
IronButt

Hey NJ rider

Now that's what I call customer service . When ever I run into a company like that I make it a point to refer people to them .
Old 05-26-2011, 03:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

NJ Rider wants to know Dino or Syn?
twojafo;
Yes, I give them a plug when I hear someone wanting wheels or chrome done. Funny thing is, he's in CA and I'm in Jersey. Was talking to one of my riding buddies ( during the time I was worried about getting screwed) and he had used them 15 years ago. He said I would have no trouble and he was right.
NJ Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

Finally got credit back from Am/Ex.

May 6th to August 5th .

Must be some kind of record .

Chrome Pros Plating stretched it out as long as they could ,and would not respond to Am/Ex. So they just credited my account .

Glad its over , just kept getting on my nerves.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

Thanks for the update .
It doesn't surprise me .
Ride safe.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
IronButt

foolioGrimz wants to know Dino or Syn?
damn thats sorry. They're right in my area too.
foolioGrimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

plongson wants to know Dino or Syn?
I hate to generalize, but chrome shops are like junkyard dogs. Ya gotta be VERY careful around them...

plongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

Sorry for your problems . Hope it all works out.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
FNG :)

JayWimberly wants to know Dino or Syn?
My name is Jeremy James Wimberly, Owner and Operations manager of Chrome Pros Plating and United Wheel Repair. Normally I read negative or neutral posts and get a bit upset because they are hurtful to me considering how hard I try to make a successful business and be an honest business man. However, this particular post has gone too far!

First off, I have never been to prison, nor am I back in prison again on a parole violation? Anyone that has any kind of investigative background could easily Google my name and date of birth to find out this is so untrue!
Secondly, my wife's name is Christina and she works at a prominent Doctors office here in-town as a medical tech. With that being said, you have obviously done some form of research into my family's background and that in itself is a scary thought. I am assuming that this must be an obvious attempt by a competitor of ours to make me and my company look bad.
Please, everyone out there that reads this post, look up my company on Ebay, check out the DAILY feedback of a positive 100% that we have received for years, since 1994. This is something that cannot be changed or altered by anyone, including myself. Furthermore, I and my companies are not perfect, by far, however we have never burned anyone nor do we intend to EVER. I would like anyone whom reads this text and feels that they would like ot talk to me concerning this issue, including the webmaster of this site, to give me a call on my personal cell 361-765-5191..Please check with the BBB about us, they will confirm that yes, we have had some issues in the past due to TIME FRAMES, but never EVER burning anyone for a product or a FULL refund. Look, things happen in business, and its a shame that only the NEGATIVE things get brought out here on the web/forums. Again, please don't believe me or my word, do some research on how many customers we have done RIGHT over all these years of hard earned business..Thanks for hearing me out.. Sincerely JAY WIMBERLY..
JayWimberly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
VTF Site Sponsor

springer- is still riding a stock bike springer- is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayWimberly View Post
My name is Jeremy James Wimberly, Owner and Operations manager of Chrome Pros Plating and United Wheel Repair. Normally I read negative or neutral posts and get a bit upset because they are hurtful to me considering how hard I try to make a successful business and be an honest business man. However, this particular post has gone too far!

First off, I have never been to prison, nor am I back in prison again on a parole violation? Anyone that has any kind of investigative background could easily Google my name and date of birth to find out this is so untrue!
Secondly, my wife's name is Christina and she works at a prominent Doctors office here in-town as a medical tech. With that being said, you have obviously done some form of research into my family's background and that in itself is a scary thought. I am assuming that this must be an obvious attempt by a competitor of ours to make me and my company look bad.
Please, everyone out there that reads this post, look up my company on Ebay, check out the DAILY feedback of a positive 100% that we have received for years, since 1994. This is something that cannot be changed or altered by anyone, including myself. Furthermore, I and my companies are not perfect, by far, however we have never burned anyone nor do we intend to EVER. I would like anyone whom reads this text and feels that they would like ot talk to me concerning this issue, including the webmaster of this site, to give me a call on my personal cell 361-765-5191..Please check with the BBB about us, they will confirm that yes, we have had some issues in the past due to TIME FRAMES, but never EVER burning anyone for a product or a FULL refund. Look, things happen in business, and its a shame that only the NEGATIVE things get brought out here on the web/forums. Again, please don't believe me or my word, do some research on how many customers we have done RIGHT over all these years of hard earned business..Thanks for hearing me out.. Sincerely JAY WIMBERLY..
After reading your post, I read the entire thread. Then I did some research on the user that posted about the prison stuff and he matched another user that also posted a bad service story. Based on your response and his conflicting and manipulating posts, I removed his posts and banned the users. His post were clearly done with an agenda and even if one was true they both have no credibility when done in the manner it was.

The original poster's story and account however certainly sounds like it is an accurate account of his experience. Seeing how the posts correspond to the dates and he continued to update as time went on. Based strictly on the original poster, I doubt I will be doing business with you.
springer- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
IronButt

gb1500 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Mr Jay w. you need to have oversight on your sales people and any sizzling issues that come up...this customer had steam coming out of his ears and you should have seen to him personally, if you contacted him he would not have to say this and you could of put out that fire....now your jig is tarnished and thats a shame if you are really trying to do fair good buisness....most of us can relate to his rage
gb1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
IronButt

[Q Ebay, check out the DAILY feedback of a positive 100% that we have received for years, since 1994. This is something that cannot be changed or altered by anyone, including myself. Furthermore, I and my companies are not perfect, by far, however we have never burned anyone nor do we intend to EVER.

.Please check with the BBB about us, they will confirm that yes, we have had some issues in the past due to TIME FRAMES, but never EVER burning anyone for a product or a FULL refund.

Look, things happen in business, and its a shame that only the NEGATIVE things get brought out here on the web/forums.

*THE ENTIRE INCARCERATION THING IS NONE OF MY CONCERN .*

BUT YOU CHOOSE TO ADDRESS THAT ISSUE AND NOT A WORD ABOUT MY DISSATISFACTION .,

THE FACT THAT YOUR SALESMAN , MISREPRESENTS HIMSELF YOUR COMPANY AND YOUR PRODUCTS IS .

AS STATED I HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH THE RIMS THAT WERE PROVIDED.

YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE (THE TOTAL LACK OF ) IS.
READ ORIGINAL POST.

IF YOU LOOK ON THIS FORUM THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF STORY'S OFF GREAT SERVICE .

I HAVE POSTED SOME MYSELF.

***UNFORTUNATELY YOUR COMPANY IS NOT ONE OF THEM ***

I TRULY HOPE YOUR BUSINESS IMPROVES ITS SERVICE

BUT YOU WONT BE GETTING ANY FROM ME OR ANYONE I KNOW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement