Bad Dealer Harley Davidson Of Danbury : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Motorcycle Related Groups and Forums > Dealership/Shop Experiences/Online Retailers
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 06:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

Badbaggerz wants to know Dino or Syn?
Bad Dealer Harley Davidson Of Danbury

I went into Harley Davidson of Danbury and spoke to a salesman on sat 4-17-10 I said I was interested in the screamin eagle street glide they had on the floor. I made an offer of msrp no prep and no freight they were asking 5000.00 over msrp. I didnít need financing and I could pick the bike up in a day or two. The salesman went into the sales managers office and came back out and congratulated my wife and myself and said we have a deal. I went into the business managers office completed the deal and gave them a deposit of 1000.00 on a credit card which they charged. I signed the bill of sale and credit card receipt and spoke at length with the salesman and sales manager before leaving. I received a call from the business manager on Monday 4-19-10 and she said they cant sell me the bike that cheap they want 5000.00 more. I was really mad to say the least I said Iím not paying 5000.00 more and I want the bike she said they cant sell it to me. I spoke to the salesman sales manager and business manager and they were all unwilling to help me and they said they are mailing my deposit back. I said Iím not accepting it. I already obtained insurance on the bike which is costing me money. I went there on Monday to pick up the bike and they would not release the bike to me. I said keep the deposit on the bike because you will be hearing from my attorney the dmv dealers complaint division and the attorney generals office. Just BEWARE of this dealer a deal is NOT REALLY a deal from there point of view but we will see what the law says.
Badbaggerz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2010, 06:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

Wind wants to know Dino or Syn?
Go get 'em.
A deals a deal. you say you signed several papers. The question is, what did they sign? Do you have anything with thier signature. I would think the fact that they charged your card for the deposit would be enough.
Give 'em hell. Don't let them get away with this. Get your bike then never go back.
Wind is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2010, 06:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Badbaggerz wants to know Dino or Syn?
Im working on it now I have a bill of sale and a credit card receipt there is no spot for them to sign just me probably because they do it alot. Ive heard alot of crap about them since this happened. It has there name on both documents. Thanks
Badbaggerz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2010, 06:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Discarded Crew Member

ktwillys wants to know Dino or Syn?
hmmm very much resembles an ebay sale for a dodge...

go straight to an attorney and no matter what dont give in to anything but the deal that you made....

maybe we should all give a little help with an email or call or two.. especially those in your area..

I know this works as a thread that I posted in 08 was resolved by the dealer last month.. after the post generated some interest ........

To be old and wise,
you must first be young and stupid......
Here's to old and stupid....

Orthopedic Motto
Screw it, Glue it, or Nail it..

DisCarded Crew

04 FLTRI
SE Welded/Balanced Flywheel
103 CI
CP Hi-Comp Pistons
Andrews 54G Gear Drive Cams
S&S Hi-Lift Valve Springs
Timken Conversion
Baisley SuperSTock Heads
V&H True Dual Headers
Bassani Slip-on Mufflers
T-Max Ignition System
Feuling Oil Pump
Custom Feuling Cam Plate
ktwillys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2010, 08:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Premium Member

PAULIE61 wants to know Dino or Syn?
I hope you get your day with these jerks but I would never bring it back there for service
Old 04-29-2010, 09:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

rscalzo wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
I would think the fact that they charged your card for the deposit would be enough.
If that were the case, anyone leaving a deposit could be forced to take possession of the bike, car, etc. which isn't correct.

Only a lawyer can actually say when possession and the transfer of ownership takes place. I know there are several papers signed when actually taking possession. The result will be interesting.
rscalzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2010, 12:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Discarded Crew Member

ktwillys wants to know Dino or Syn?
the reality is a deal was made..

whether papers were signed or a hand shake was that happend..
A binding contract has been established..

now a handshake is much harder to prove,, since I doubt the dealer would be honest in this situation..

but if there is any paperwork signed with the purchase price on it... well then the argument is over,,, now isnt it..

good luck..

To be old and wise,
you must first be young and stupid......
Here's to old and stupid....

Orthopedic Motto
Screw it, Glue it, or Nail it..

DisCarded Crew

04 FLTRI
SE Welded/Balanced Flywheel
103 CI
CP Hi-Comp Pistons
Andrews 54G Gear Drive Cams
S&S Hi-Lift Valve Springs
Timken Conversion
Baisley SuperSTock Heads
V&H True Dual Headers
Bassani Slip-on Mufflers
T-Max Ignition System
Feuling Oil Pump
Custom Feuling Cam Plate
ktwillys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2010, 04:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
"Jane you ignorant slut!"

ceraaa42 wants to know Dino or Syn?
They most likely had someone else come in and was willing to buy it at thier asking price. I'm not sure it was a done deal until the new owner takes delivery though, there are some odd laws regarding all this. He probably should have paid in full and had all the paper work done and in hand.

If there's a chance it will depend on the paperwork that is in his posession, if it's only a credit card slip, probably not likely to happen. But I'd seek an attys advise anyway.

I hope he follows up with the results.
SE255 cams
SE Air cleaner
SERT
Fatcat Quiet baffle
Bagger brace
Dyno report; http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/dr...et-baffle.html

"Ya fargin' sneeky bastage!" Roman Troy Moronie

43 member
ceraaa42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2010, 06:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

09 XBones wants to know Dino or Syn?
Sounds like bait & switch to me.
09 XBones is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2010, 07:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
IronButt

09nitetrain wants to know Dino or Syn?
lol... i had the same problem with them when i bought my night train. there crooks. i dealt with a women named sue i believe. there in trouble financial i believe so there trying to pull fast ones on everyone. let says i got the bike and they didnt get a penny more out of me. plus they where trying to rip me off of my trade in on my 98 sporty, they gave me 3500 for her and they sold her for 8 grand a few months later, and they fought with me over the financing and the a.p.r. they want 17 i said go to hell then they said 16.4 still told them to go to hell, finally i got it at 10.4 which is still high but im taking out a personal loan and pay it off. harley needs to do secret shoppers for there stealerships. next time i buy a bike ill go gengras
09 night train, big sucker 2, hooker dark side troublemakers , stage 1 map download, power commander 5 and a set of s and s easy start gear drive cams ( 583 )... autometer tach, saddlebags, and smoke out turn signal lense, and removed the mirrors. flat black paint job undecided on what to do next, i swear this thing handles better than my 98 sporty 1200
09nitetrain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2010, 04:32 PM   #11 (permalink)

Sheikyerbouti wants to know Dino or Syn?
That is total ass. I live in CT and am planning on purchasing a 2011 street glide, and as I shop around for decent dealers, I'm happy to wipe them off my list.
Sheikyerbouti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2010, 06:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
IronButt

kustom_flames is reading this now saying WTF is this?
So whatever happened?

Sold!
kustom_flames is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2010, 03:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
IronButt

dickey wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09nitetrain View Post
lol... i had the same problem with them when i bought my night train. there crooks. i dealt with a women named sue i believe. there in trouble financial i believe so there trying to pull fast ones on everyone. let says i got the bike and they didnt get a penny more out of me. plus they where trying to rip me off of my trade in on my 98 sporty, they gave me 3500 for her and they sold her for 8 grand a few months later, and they fought with me over the financing and the a.p.r. they want 17 i said go to hell then they said 16.4 still told them to go to hell, finally i got it at 10.4 which is still high but im taking out a personal loan and pay it off. harley needs to do secret shoppers for there stealerships. next time i buy a bike ill go gengras
I'd like to meet the nimrod that paid 8G's for a '98 Sportster! I got a bridge I'd like to sell him.
dickey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2010, 03:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
I HATE 'bing'...

TriLs wants to know Dino or Syn?
Dick Blumenthal should be able to tear them a new one. He's a consumer advocate anyhow, but he's running now for higher office...

Let us know how you made out. If it doesn't go your way, we'll get a rally together at the Sycamore and ride up there to "reason" with them...

Tri

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble,
it's what you know for sure that just ain't so..."

Mark Twain

Live well...Love faithfully...Laugh often.

"Spirit", a Vivid Black '09 TriGlide, 103" stock, V&H Dresser slipons,
SE Stage 1 A/C, SERT, fairing-mounted oil temp, Zumo 660, small
bits o' glitz, and HD foggies on dedicated foot pegs.

http://www.ecclesia-ministries.org

TriLs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2010, 03:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
I HATE 'bing'...

TriLs wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09nitetrain View Post
Harley needs to do secret shoppers for their stealerships.
That is an excellent idea!

It would certainly help polish the image of the MOCO who, after all, can boast a much wider dealer network in the US than certainly any other US bike.

If the dealer knew that the customer they were "playing" with might have been sent out by HD and if the customer knew that the dealer was being monitored by HD, the relations between the two would be much more cordial and the word would get around.

Tri

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble,
it's what you know for sure that just ain't so..."

Mark Twain

Live well...Love faithfully...Laugh often.

"Spirit", a Vivid Black '09 TriGlide, 103" stock, V&H Dresser slipons,
SE Stage 1 A/C, SERT, fairing-mounted oil temp, Zumo 660, small
bits o' glitz, and HD foggies on dedicated foot pegs.

http://www.ecclesia-ministries.org

TriLs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.