Patriot Harley-Davidson, Fairfax, VA Review : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Motorcycle Related Groups and Forums > Dealership/Shop Experiences/Online Retailers
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 01:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

1way wants to know Dino or Syn?
Patriot Harley-Davidson, Fairfax, VA Review

Patriot Harley-Davidson in Fairfax, Virginia

Had some work done on my '96 Electra Glide about two years ago there. No complains on the parts, or the labor (other than expensive, this is everywhere though Ė what can you do). I was given a gift card that I have to redeem at this particular dealership when I picked my bike up. My family (wife and kid) and I ended up going back to check things out and use the card. Walking around and looking at stuff was fine, but once I went to the parts/service counter in the store to ask particulars is when things go bad. First off everyone behind the counter had bad attitudes. They were all very short and just rude. I told the guy that was assisting me at the time, never mind the information was not worth the trouble to me. I ended up just leaving because I really don't enjoy poor service at what I think should be a professional facility!

Okay, over a year has passed since the last time I went there. I decided I would go at lunch today. My co-worker and I went up there together. Did my normal walk through and scoped all products and bikes. I needed a turn signal switch for my bike and exhaust bracket, so I went up to the service counter. I'll be dammed if I didn't get worse customer service than I did the previous time I was up there! I didn't ask anything complicated, just for a turn signal switch and if they had the exhaust bracket I needed. The guy is slamming phones in front of me (like three times), and just acting very annoyed at everything. The store was freaking empty, there was a total of like four customers in the place and this was the service I get. What a joke. He finally ended up saying it would need to be ordered and I told him again, never mind (because I didnít want to deal with another second of poor service at this point).

Lastly, let me qualify this statement before I make it. I have nothing against tattoos or other different forms of self expression. I have a few tats myself and had piercings. Iíve never been anywhere, not even a bar with more sleeve tattoos and body piercings than what I saw on the employees at this place. Iím not sure, but it seemed like a prerequisite to working at Patriot was having excessive body art and piercings. You guys sell $25k+ vehicles, get professional!

----------- The bottom line -----------

If you are looking to visit a Harley dealership and get treated poorly, and insulted by what looks to be grown up hooligans Patriot Harley-Davidson Fairfax, Virginia is the local.

Anybody want my gift card?
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2009, 05:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
IronButt

BTSOOM wants to know Dino or Syn?
My fellow VA friend, all I can say is this:
- I bought 2 bikes from that stealership
- They tried to kill me twice on the 2nd one
- The owner was a good guy
- But he just doesn't care now that he has his gozillion dollars

Last, if it wld bring my mother back from the dead I would not buy a light bulb from those idiots. BTSOOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1way View Post
Patriot Harley-Davidson in Fairfax, Virginia

Had some work done on my '96 Electra Glide about two years ago there. No complains on the parts, or the labor (other than expensive, this is everywhere though Ė what can you do). I was given a gift card that I have to redeem at this particular dealership when I picked my bike up. My family (wife and kid) and I ended up going back to check things out and use the card. Walking around and looking at stuff was fine, but once I went to the parts/service counter in the store to ask particulars is when things go bad. First off everyone behind the counter had bad attitudes. They were all very short and just rude. I told the guy that was assisting me at the time, never mind the information was not worth the trouble to me. I ended up just leaving because I really don't enjoy poor service at what I think should be a professional facility!

Okay, over a year has passed since the last time I went there. I decided I would go at lunch today. My co-worker and I went up there together. Did my normal walk through and scoped all products and bikes. I needed a turn signal switch for my bike and exhaust bracket, so I went up to the service counter. I'll be dammed if I didn't get worse customer service than I did the previous time I was up there! I didn't ask anything complicated, just for a turn signal switch and if they had the exhaust bracket I needed. The guy is slamming phones in front of me (like three times), and just acting very annoyed at everything. The store was freaking empty, there was a total of like four customers in the place and this was the service I get. What a joke. He finally ended up saying it would need to be ordered and I told him again, never mind (because I didnít want to deal with another second of poor service at this point).

Lastly, let me qualify this statement before I make it. I have nothing against tattoos or other different forms of self expression. I have a few tats myself and had piercings. Iíve never been anywhere, not even a bar with more sleeve tattoos and body piercings than what I saw on the employees at this place. Iím not sure, but it seemed like a prerequisite to working at Patriot was having excessive body art and piercings. You guys sell $25k+ vehicles, get professional!

----------- The bottom line -----------

If you are looking to visit a Harley dealership and get treated poorly, and insulted by what looks to be grown up hooligans Patriot Harley-Davidson Fairfax, Virginia is the local.

Anybody want my gift card?
1 Ambulance Ride
No police citations
President, IBA World Record, Largest Group SaddleSore, 16 May 2009, REDWING 19 Ride
"Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it." ó Mark Twain
BTSOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
BTD
FNG :)

BTD wants to know Dino or Syn?
My Story with Patriot HD

Hopefully they have changed. I bought a 2001 Supergide from Patriot. It clapped out on the road sometime in 2003 with 15K miles and I had to have it towed to Patriot. I was going on vacation out of town when it it was in the dealership and upon my return, two weeks after it had been in the shop, they said they needed authorisation for a new battery. Told then to install new battery to the tune of $185 for "diagnostics" and new battery. Picked bike up and 2 miles from Patriot, it claps out. Apparently the only problem was a short from wires rubbing together. So two weeks and two trips and $185 I'm good to go. Hopefully they have changed but I have never been back. Drove 65 miles to buy a new bike at Waughs.
BTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
FNG :)

JonBoy wants to know Dino or Syn?
Over-priced, rude, generally a PIA. Yup, that's Patriot. Try HD of Washington. Much better, all around.
JonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

aubeagle wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBoy View Post
Over-priced, rude, generally a PIA. Yup, that's Patriot. Try HD of Washington. Much better, all around.
The first time i went there (4 or 5 years ago) my plan was to buy a new bike and ride it home,But they would'nt even give me the time of day!!! Which turned out to be a good thing since my co worker called about 6 mos. later and sold me the bike i have now. I do know this, A friend of mine, His better half worked a place that sent secret shoppers to business's and they got a pee poor report. I know this for a fact. A buddy of mine is a parts guy there now. I and other people i ride with get great sevice (parts) now. I don't know about sales or service just parts.
Ported MVA's
Crane 296-2
Woods lifters
SE Roller Rockers
HPI 55 tb
Marren 5.3
Injectors
VH Propipe
T/max
aubeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
IronButt

spdrcr137 wants to know Dino or Syn?
My answer for rude service is to call them out right there on the spot. Let them know they are over payed nut sacks. Damn my ol lady hates it when i do that but WTF.
spdrcr137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

Nitram_b4 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
I have dealt mostly with Indys for the most part of my riding life (about 40 years)
I always seem to find one I hit it off with and they always treat me great.
I stopped at one that I had not been in five years and he was ready to lone me his cam tools for free.... you will never run into that at a dealer.
That being said, I have stopped into and picked stuff up at 2 dealers down here.
Greenville Harley ( that will never get a dime of my business again) and Timms Harley (that is about the best dealer I ever walked into)
Nitram_b4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement