Moroney's Cycle in Newburgh, NY - Bad Karma! : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Motorcycle Related Groups and Forums > Dealership/Shop Experiences/Online Retailers
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2007, 10:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

BOUTYM is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Moroney's Cycle in Newburgh, NY - Bad Karma!

Nothing Here
"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government's purposes are beneficial. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding." -Louis D Brandeis

Last edited by BOUTYM; 11-03-2009 at 10:30 PM.
BOUTYM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2008, 06:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
FNG :)

Dark Horse wants to know Dino or Syn?
Dude, I feel your pain. I had the exact same experience buying my new 2007 FLHRC. Expert, my sales guy went cold as soon as i told him for the 5th time i did not want the f-ing extended warranty. When i arrived the whole scenario went almost word for word as yours......only I purchased mine from Woodstock HD.

The s#its the same all over. Before hand i envisioned being their every other weekend,joining the local chapter,going to events and rides with whole Woodstock crowd.

That all died when i drove away....they made me so sick so mad....in 18 months i haven't been back since!!

Thankfully I've had no major issue to have any further dealings with the dopes.

If i need parts i go to zack's v-twin in Hyde park....good guy.
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
IronButt

Cowboy'sHD69 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Depends on where your located

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post

The s#its the same all over. .
When I bought my first Harley I drove 3 hours north of Valdosta GA to Stone Mountain HD in Lilburn GA just to get the exact bike I wanted. I didn't expect anything fancy just get my bike do the handshake sign some papers and go on my way. Well, from the second I walked in the store I was greeted and asked if I had any questions or needed any help. One I got to my salesman we talked for afew minutes and then I did the paperwork. Once that was done the salesman took me around to introduce me to every one in the dealership which was neat. After that I went to this guy that finished up with giving me my owners manual and taking me out to my bike and showing me how everything worked. This took around 2 hours to do. I would have to say it was the best experince I had ever had purchasing any kind of vehicle. These dealerships like the ones you guys are talking about will fold if this recession goes on for awhile. They will learn the hard way that if you treat customers like sh&t they will take their money elsewhere.

Glad I haven't had to deal with BS like that.
Cowboy'sHD69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Hillside wants to know Dino or Syn?
We have heard
Quote:
Dude, I feel your pain. I had the exact same experience buying my new 2007 FLHRC. Expert, my sales guy went cold as soon as i told him for the 5th time i did not want the f-ing extended warranty. When i arrived the whole scenario went almost word for word as yours......only I purchased mine from Woodstock HD.

The s#its the same all over. Before hand i envisioned being their every other weekend,joining the local chapter,going to events and rides with whole Woodstock crowd.

That all died when i drove away....they made me so sick so mad....in 18 months i haven't been back since!!

We have heard that stuff before, too.
Had a friend that used to work at Zack's.
Hillside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

Quote:

Zack is an ok guy. Haven't done much business with him, but the times I stopped in he was friendly. I think he would do a boatload more business though if he really competed with Moroney's and Woodstock with better pricing than they would offer. I've never gotten him to give me a break on anything, where I can at times get the other's to, depending on who I talk to.

I haven't done much business with Woodstock. Buy some stuff there now and then, but nothing big. All the high dollar stuff I order from Jenni at the dealership once known as Benjy's or Zanotti's. I'll occasionally swing by Reggie Pink in White Plains if I'm in the area. Guy I ride with swears by them, but I've gotten some bad vibes there too. Then again, he doesn't get anything done there except yearly tune-ups.

I just don't know. I keep telling the wife that someday I'm gonna seriously look into opening up my own dealership where people get treated right. I've already had people working at other dealers tell me that if I do it they would be more than willing to jump ship and come to work for me. Already have my parts manager picked out if I pull the trigger on it.
"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government's purposes are beneficial. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding." -Louis D Brandeis

Last edited by BOUTYM; 11-03-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillsidecycle.com View Post
We have heard
Hey Hillside.. how far are you from Frankfort? I'm thinking maybe around 30 minutes. I'm in Utica right now on a job and was thinking of swinging by on my way back down south when I'm done.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
IronButt

Sandhog wants to know Dino or Syn?
Sorry I didn't see this post earlier.Ive been dealing with Moroney's since 1983 when I purchased a new 1984 FXRS.Ive still got that bike.I also bought an 06 Wide Glide from them.My father(since passed) has used with them in the purchase of three bikes.
As for your problems with documentation,you DID get a receipt didn't you?That alone should be enough to quell any questions as to the validity of warranty claims.If you took your bike in for an alignment issue and it turned out to be the handlebars were out of line,then you shouldn't own a Harley IMHO.Moroney's has always treated me much better than any vehicle sales experience elsewhere.Buck in the service department can be a bit busy,but that is due to the number of customers they have.The people at the parts counter are knowledgable and will go out of thier way to help you out if you ask.Moroney's has been known to take a stock bike and do any engine work you need done to it and still cover the manufacturers warranty.Thats tough to beat.
You go on to say that Zack of Zacks V-Twin is OK but wouldnt give you a break on anything.Damn I can see why.If you need "breaks" on everything,buy from the internet.Don't ask a brick and mortar shop to be able to give you the same prices you see from online sellers,it ain't possible.
I dont think its possible to find a dealer that you wouldn't get "BAD VIBES "from.Where DO you shop anyways?
Ive seen Moroney's grow from a shack with a woodstove in the middle of the floor to a busting at the seams dealership that keeps getting bigger.They support the riders in the area hole heartedly,do benefit work for local charities and always ready to help a rider out of a bind.Your calling CEO's at Harley?WOW.
I bet they all wished you'd buy a Honda.

As for the lawsuit and such over the guy that wrecked,man I hate to see anyone go down,and anyone get injured or killed.My condolences go out to hisa family.I fail to see how they could be held responsible for a guy who chose to test ride in a crowded parking lot without protection.You cant outlaw stupidity.They sell bikes,they cant hold your hand when your riding it.No wonder our insurance rates are through the roof.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
IronButt

route66paul wants to know Dino or Syn?
When a bike comes in for warrenty repairs, the service advisor should write down everything the owner said was wrong. For them to edit anything is just lieing. The warrenty and lemon laws have to show a problem that is not fixed properly, it is their duty to write everything down, no matter how insignificant.

Bi-polar and loving it!!
Bi-polar and hating it!!
95" w/ KB pistons (flattops)
HQ575 cams
Atwood's Road Warrior Heads
HPI bored throttle body
.030 head gasket
SuperTrapp Supermeg 2in1
"43" points cover
TRW rear mount
obligatory Baisley Spring

Take you a glass of water. Make it against the law. See how good the water tastes. When you can't have any at all.

Just sayin..........
route66paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhog View Post
Sorry I didn't see this post earlier.Ive been dealing with Moroney's since 1983 when I purchased a new 1984 FXRS.Ive still got that bike.I also bought an 06 Wide Glide from them.My father(since passed) has used with them in the purchase of three bikes.
As for your problems with documentation,you DID get a receipt didn't you?That alone should be enough to quell any questions as to the validity of warranty claims.If you took your bike in for an alignment issue and it turned out to be the handlebars were out of line,then you shouldn't own a Harley IMHO.Moroney's has always treated me much better than any vehicle sales experience elsewhere.Buck in the service department can be a bit busy,but that is due to the number of customers they have.The people at the parts counter are knowledgable and will go out of thier way to help you out if you ask.Moroney's has been known to take a stock bike and do any engine work you need done to it and still cover the manufacturers warranty.Thats tough to beat.
You go on to say that Zack of Zacks V-Twin is OK but wouldnt give you a break on anything.Damn I can see why.If you need "breaks" on everything,buy from the internet.Don't ask a brick and mortar shop to be able to give you the same prices you see from online sellers,it ain't possible.
I dont think its possible to find a dealer that you wouldn't get "BAD VIBES "from.Where DO you shop anyways?
Ive seen Moroney's grow from a shack with a woodstove in the middle of the floor to a busting at the seams dealership that keeps getting bigger.They support the riders in the area hole heartedly,do benefit work for local charities and always ready to help a rider out of a bind.Your calling CEO's at Harley?WOW.
I bet they all wished you'd buy a Honda.

As for the lawsuit and such over the guy that wrecked,man I hate to see anyone go down,and anyone get injured or killed.My condolences go out to hisa family.I fail to see how they could be held responsible for a guy who chose to test ride in a crowded parking lot without protection.You cant outlaw stupidity.They sell bikes,they cant hold your hand when your riding it.No wonder our insurance rates are through the roof.
Damn! Did you really read anything I posted, or did you just see someone bashing Moroney's (legitimately) and let your lemming Moroney's mind take over???

Oh, and while you're defending them, perhaps you can explain why such a 'quality' dealership has an owner that doesn't care enough to address issues within his dealership or respond to a letter?

Save it... I've run into way too many people that want nothing to do with the place to think it's just me.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

I didn't say I hammer Zack about giving me a break and I don't like him for it. Just said he never has when other's, even Moroney's, has.

Last edited by BOUTYM; 11-03-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
IronButt

BOUTYM,I did read your post and then re read it.
Pat isnt the only one there with the reigns in thier hands,Danny has been there since the beginning,and Ive known Denise and the rest ,like i said since 1983.
First off,if I may,suggest not using letters when talking to Harley dealerships,unless you already have intentions of taking legal action.Its much better to straighten things out face to face and first hand.If Im out there standing in the middle of your dealership with a problem,you WILL get it taken care of.If you just drop a letter in the mail,most times what'll happen is what happened to you,NOTHING!!
Im not sure where you get the "Lemming" BS there scooter but Id try to keep the name calling to a minimum.
Next-"As to watching Moroney's grow, under the direction of who exactly? Pat??? And who is buying enough to make them bust at the seams? A whole hell of a lot of first time HD purchasers from what I've seen."
They purchased the building next door that was the town public works garage of something like that.They have doubled in size and sales.The guys I see there are some of the same faces Ive seen for 20 years.It aint just first timers.

AS for thier quality service,I have yet to have a problem with anything Ive had done there.Not that my bike has been in for anything but warranty work,I do my own building and maintenance myself.If you happened to look at the sheer number of bikes that pass through that shop in a week,youd realize that something may get missed somewhere.Ive had my car in the shop for repeat repairs than anything else.
I would bet that if you relied less on "Karma" and more on good ole horse sense,youd be much better off.And if that dont work,Id take it out in the parking lot if I was as dissatisfied as you seem to be.
Thats one reason up close and personal works much better than calling some CEO who dosent know you from beans.Im sure youve heard the saying "When in Rome,do as the Romans".
Your dealing with bikers not stock brokers.Id also invest in a good shop manual.
Sandhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhog View Post
BOUTYM,I did read your post and then re read it.
Pat isnt the only one there with the reigns in thier hands,Danny has been there since the beginning,and Ive known Denise and the rest ,like i said since 1983.
First off,if I may,suggest not using letters when talking to Harley dealerships,unless you already have intentions of taking legal action.Its much better to straighten things out face to face and first hand.If Im out there standing in the middle of your dealership with a problem,you WILL get it taken care of.If you just drop a letter in the mail,most times what'll happen is what happened to you,NOTHING!!
Im not sure where you get the "Lemming" BS there scooter but Id try to keep the name calling to a minimum.
Next-"As to watching Moroney's grow, under the direction of who exactly? Pat??? And who is buying enough to make them bust at the seams? A whole hell of a lot of first time HD purchasers from what I've seen."
They purchased the building next door that was the town public works garage of something like that.They have doubled in size and sales.The guys I see there are some of the same faces Ive seen for 20 years.It aint just first timers.

AS for thier quality service,I have yet to have a problem with anything Ive had done there.Not that my bike has been in for anything but warranty work,I do my own building and maintenance myself.If you happened to look at the sheer number of bikes that pass through that shop in a week,youd realize that something may get missed somewhere.Ive had my car in the shop for repeat repairs than anything else.
I would bet that if you relied less on "Karma" and more on good ole horse sense,youd be much better off.And if that dont work,Id take it out in the parking lot if I was as dissatisfied as you seem to be.
Thats one reason up close and personal works much better than calling some CEO who dosent know you from beans.Im sure youve heard the saying "When in Rome,do as the Romans".
Your dealing with bikers not stock brokers.Id also invest in a good shop manual.
First of all, I'll apologize for the lemming remark. Your post caught me at a bad time and I'll admit it was a little over the top.

As far as calling the CEO of the MoCo, that came after repeated attempts to get customer service to stop with robotic dumbass statements and remarks regarding the warranty policy. They refused to escalate the issues to someone of authority. This went on for weeks. After getting good and pissed it was time to take it to the next level and things started happening. All of a sudden the MoCo was willing to authorized the work that everyone was telling me they wouldn't authorized.

Last edited by BOUTYM; 11-03-2009 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
IronButt

Like I said,I do all my own work,so my experiences with them has been limited to sales,inspections and a little warranty work.
I cant believe Danny would shoot you in the foot like that.Buck I don't know that well.I think he was at O'Tooles HD before he came to Moroney's.
Brian and Jamie are good people, but I'm not sure how much help he could be in the service area as they are in Parts.
I can get extreme sometimes with service departments,be they car or bike.I had the chevy dealer fix a leaking tranny hose on my z-28 one time.When I got it home it was leaking like the Exxon Valdez.T6hey towed it in and the next morning I showed up with my 130lb Doberman on a choke chain.I walked into the garage and watched them put my car on the lift and fix it,before any other car was touched(I was headed to Dover for a race).
If I had got the run around like you did ,I could see it escalating to something bad.
Anyways,good luck to you my friend.If your ever over this way,let me know.
Sandhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
FNG :)

jeffrese wants to know Dino or Syn?
Don't do business with Moroney's Cycle! Buy and service your Harley elsewhere.

My brother was killed in an automobile accident on March 27th, 2003. I don’t think I can express to you enough the unquantifiable emotional distress that we are experiencing right now.

My brother's estate owns a Harley Davidson Motorcyle that was purchased at Moroney’s and was in for service and winter storage at: Moroney's Cycle The storage was $227.00 for winter storage and $1539.29 for parts and labor that was ordered to be done on the bike.

After the death of my brother, my other brother called and told the head of sales, Denise what had happened and that he was in the process of filling all of the insurance claims necessary. She told him not to worry, the bike was fine and that he should get back to her when he wanted it. He assumed that I had picked it up; I assumed that he had. We never received a bill, phone call, letter or communication from Moroney’s EVER. A third party found out that the bike was still there on August 29th, 2007 and contacted my sister. At that point we called Moroney's a total of eight times over the next two weeks to find out what was going on. My sister and I never received calls back, and again through a third party we were put in touch with the head of sales. Denise did call us back, asking that we pay what my brother had put in a work order for. Denise made it clear that she understood the miscommunication that had occurred. During the conversation between Denise and me, we agreed that I would come on Thursday, September 13th with a check for the $227.00 (for storage) and the $1539.29 (for service) and get the bike, obviously of very sentimental value to our family. While Denise and I were finalizing the arrangements, Pat Moroney took the phone from Denise, told me I owed him $10,000 for storage and that he was not responsible for sending any bills to anyone. He went on to say that he would “buy it off of us for $4,000.” When I offered to pay the amount that Denise and I had agreed upon the following day, he told me to “get a lawyer…(he) was not releasing the bike for less than $5000.00 and that’s a deal.”
jeffrese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrese View Post
My brother was killed in an automobile accident on March 27th, 2003. I don’t think I can express to you enough the unquantifiable emotional distress that we are experiencing right now.
I read this exact same thing at www.jimmoroneyscycle.biz

Interesting that it shows up here. Not sure if what's on www.jimmoroneyscycle.biz (and now here) is true since the owner of the domain can't be contacted, but it doesn't sound like something that would be difficult to believe in my opinion. I would think if someone really has a hard-on for a business they wouldn't have a problem with someone contacting them so they could bash further. I know I certainly don't have a problem with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement