Moroney's Cycle in Newburgh, NY - Bad Karma! - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > Motorcycle Related Groups and Forums > Dealership/Shop Experiences/Online Retailers
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2008, 05:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
FNG :)

HRLYSG wants to know Dino or Syn?
Have gone to Moroney's several times. Usually during open house and such. Was there yesterday and for the first time, dealt with a parts counter guy so I could get some tuner cables. Don't know the man but, he was on another planet. Did get my cables though.

Asked about some dyno work and was told to call the service department. Fair enough. But, one thing I have against the place is it sure is dirty and small. Worry about my scoot getting damaged.
HRLYSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2008, 07:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

BOUTYM is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRLYSG View Post
Have gone to Moroney's several times. Usually during open house and such. Was there yesterday and for the first time, dealt with a parts counter guy so I could get some tuner cables. Don't know the man but, he was on another planet. Did get my cables though.

Asked about some dyno work and was told to call the service department. Fair enough. But, one thing I have against the place is it sure is dirty and small. Worry about my scoot getting damaged.
It's pretty tight quarters where they keep the bikes. I don't know if anyone has had anything damaged during storage, but the service tech did put a pretty noticeable gouge in one of the dust caps when I had them swap out my sliders for chrome ones a few years back.

I have been told by a few folks, but don't know it to be true, that they have seen employees walk across the seats and tanks of bikes when they had bikes packed in the holding area to get to something.
"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government's purposes are beneficial. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding." -Louis D Brandeis
BOUTYM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
FNG

78738 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrese View Post
My brother was killed in an automobile accident on March 27th, 2003. I don’t think I can express to you enough the unquantifiable emotional distress that we are experiencing right now.

My brother's estate owns a Harley Davidson Motorcyle that was purchased at Moroney’s and was in for service and winter storage at: Moroney's Cycle The storage was $227.00 for winter storage and $1539.29 for parts and labor that was ordered to be done on the bike.

After the death of my brother, my other brother called and told the head of sales, Denise what had happened and that he was in the process of filling all of the insurance claims necessary. She told him not to worry, the bike was fine and that he should get back to her when he wanted it. He assumed that I had picked it up; I assumed that he had. We never received a bill, phone call, letter or communication from Moroney’s EVER. A third party found out that the bike was still there on August 29th, 2007 and contacted my sister. At that point we called Moroney's a total of eight times over the next two weeks to find out what was going on. My sister and I never received calls back, and again through a third party we were put in touch with the head of sales. Denise did call us back, asking that we pay what my brother had put in a work order for. Denise made it clear that she understood the miscommunication that had occurred. During the conversation between Denise and me, we agreed that I would come on Thursday, September 13th with a check for the $227.00 (for storage) and the $1539.29 (for service) and get the bike, obviously of very sentimental value to our family. While Denise and I were finalizing the arrangements, Pat Moroney took the phone from Denise, told me I owed him $10,000 for storage and that he was not responsible for sending any bills to anyone. He went on to say that he would “buy it off of us for $4,000.” When I offered to pay the amount that Denise and I had agreed upon the following day, he told me to “get a lawyer…(he) was not releasing the bike for less than $5000.00 and that’s a deal.”
I have to call BS on this because I can't imagine ANYONE on the planet treating another human being like that, particularly when the person being piped is grief stricken and dealing with probate court.

How did this story end Jeff?
78738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
ASA Lives

Ultra89Rider wants to know Dino or Syn?
If they are the same ones on eBay and that ship from the same address, I will not deal with them again.
They raised shipping after sale and refused to provide any shipping info after sale. In the listing, they say they will provide the shipping info, but never answer any email or requests for information.
"lIgh tlhab"
(Ride Free)
. . . .
Ultra89Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighty-Knight View Post
I have to call BS on this because I can't imagine ANYONE on the planet treating another human being like that, particularly when the person being piped is grief stricken and dealing with probate court.

How did this story end Jeff?
I really don't know if this story is true.
"Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government's purposes are beneficial. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding." -Louis D Brandeis

Last edited by BOUTYM; 11-03-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:17 PM   #21 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra89Rider View Post
If they are the same ones on eBay and that ship from the same address, I will not deal with them again.
They raised shipping after sale and refused to provide any shipping info after sale. In the listing, they say they will provide the shipping info, but never answer any email or requests for information.
Yes, that would be the same Moroney's.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:16 AM   #22 (permalink)
FNG :)

mattgm wants to know Dino or Syn?
I beleve every bit of the Morneys story and have heard many like it . I did business with maroneys for close to 15 years - buying parts for multiple bikes bought a dirt bike for my son - etc - . In 2004 i was rear ended by a pierced brained idiot with a mohawk had my fl towed to maroneys to make a long story short a month later i still didn't have an estimate - i had been trying to get a deal on a new road king and the salesman had given me a different price every time i talked to him never writing anything down . The insurance company was threatening to close the case . I had to pull my bike from there under threat of calling the cops (they actualy gave me push back on releasing my bike ) - brought it to woodstock hd - -- Like night and day - i was treated with respect and like a king in woodstock Had the estimate with in 48 hours picked out a bike and had it priced on paper and financed with in a day . I continue to do business there Joe and jan - greet me with a hand shake when ever I im there . When i bought the bike they shipped me a glass etching of the bike and a pretty nice thank you letter . I have traded emails with Jan (the owner ) multiple times . The only issue I have had with woodstock is at the 10 k service they put my bike on a dyno with out discussing with me - - -I'm not a fan of beating bikes up on a dyno anyway - i think they run a great shop in woodstock - I've also done business with Zack in hyde park for about 20 years . he's a good guy runs a faimly business with his wife rita his lead mechanic Frank is top notch (Zacks also a great wrench ). Zack is fair and if you need to he can be compeditive with parts but hey he's in business to make money and no one gives this stuff away - I always love guys who expect to get big discounts on parts for the one motorcycle they own - - do you get a discount on ford parts from the dealer - ?? if you only go see him once a year for your inspection - ?? anyway most of us that grew up around the valley Know that Maroneys is a poorly run dealership .Since the fiasco with my fl - i have not spent a dime with those guys and I would rather ride to Woodstock or otools or reggie pinks or do biz with zacks then buy from them .realy I wont buy a tshirt from that place
mattgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 10:39 AM   #23 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgm View Post
I beleve every bit of the Morneys story and have heard many like it . I did business with maroneys for close to 15 years - buying parts for multiple bikes bought a dirt bike for my son - etc - . In 2004 i was rear ended by a pierced brained idiot with a
Interesting turn of events....

I received an email from Moroney's last week telling me about some specials and such and asking if I would be interested. I replied to the email expressing my dissatisfaction with Moroney's (rather strongly) and in short order received an email from Pat Moroney asking what he did to piss me off.

Now, I had sent a registered letter to Pat quite a while back explaining what I had experienced and that letter was signed for, so it at least made it to their front door. I also sent Pat a copy of the letter in response to his email. He replied saying he wasn't aware of what went on and spoke of attitude problems with the service manager and that he had a new service writer. Also said that his uncle was running the place at the time I was having problems. He he claimed 95% of their customers are happy and he is working on the other 5% (of which I'm obviously one), and was basically asking what he could do to make me happy.

I responded by saying that for me to do business with Moroney's again they were going to essentially back up the clock and address the concerns I had back then and fix the warranty issues I had that no one would address and to investigate and fix the unusual vibration problem I am having... all at no cost. Pat stated in a reply email that I should bring the bike by and he would ride it, along with George and if there were any unusual vibration problems he would have no problem finding out what was wrong and fixing it free of charge. Said he would also address my other concerns.

I'm planning on swinging by this afternoon to see how all this shakes out. Maybe he's being sincere and really wants to turn the place around. Maybe not. I guess we'll see.

Will report back what happens.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

Well, took the bike in and talked to Pat. Also talked to a girl named Wendy that I knew from somewhere. Turned out she works at the local Mercedes dealership in customer service and claims to have a service background. Not entirely sure what her purpose is at Moroney's, but perhaps Pat asked her to hang out and assist in customer service issues such as mine. Don't know for sure. What I do know is I didn't care for the way she approached things. Seemed as if at times she was trying to trick me into saying something that would hurt my position on the matter. One thing she did ask that annoyed me to no end is if I was a certified mechanic. It wasn't so much that she asked, but the way she asked and the reaction to my answer. Anyway, I only had to deal with her for a short time and that's good.

Now, as to Pat and what's happening. Took the bike over and Pat rode it. He said it felt fine to him from a vib standpoint and brought out a wide glide for me to test ride. I took it for a ride and found it had about the same vibration as mine, but since the motor was stock it was a little less at the high RPM. It did give me an appreciation for how well mine runs because it felt like the thing couldn't get out of its own way. Anyway, I'm pretty much satisfied that whatever vibration I have in mine is what it is now that I've had something to compare it to. Pat did say he couldn't understand why the MoCo rep would not have ridden the bike when I had it at the other dealership with the rep present. For those not up on this, the MoCo rep claimed he couldn't ride the bike to see what I was talking about with the vibration because it wasn't stock.

The other issues that no one would deal with back when things unraveled between me and Moroney's are now being fixed. Pat said he would take care of the issues at no charge and that's where we are. Bike is supposed to be ready today.

After all this I have to commend Pat on how he's handled this. I don't know exactly how or why things are changing at Moroney's, but Pat has been very pleasant to deal with since this thing has been resurrected and told me he would take care of my issues no charge without a single argument and has promised that this sort of thing won't happen again. At this point I have no reason to doubt what he has told me and now that he has stepped up to the plate and done the right thing I'm all for giving him a chance to have me back as a customer.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:19 AM   #25 (permalink)
Not sure where I put it

Latest development

Picked the bike up and as promised the issues were corrected at no charge. In fact, I think Moroney's went a little above and beyond what they had to. So far we're good and hopefully we won't have a repeat of the same.

So, at this point I'm happy with how things turned out. What is interesting about this whole thing is that it started at Moroney's and ultimately ended there. In the middle was another dealer and the MoCo. The ironic part is that the people I was so pissed at initially are the ones that made it right. The MoCo, whom I would have expected to take more of an interest turned out to be completely useless. O'Tooles was the other dealer involved and the service folks there couldn't have been more rude when they should have viewed the situation as a why to gain a customer. Go figure.

Anyway, in the end Pat Moroney and crew have done well by me and because of that I have no problem doing business with him again. I have been assured there will be no further problems and from what I've experienced in the past few weeks I'm inclined to believe it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement