Another try - Page 73 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > V-Twin Forum Non-Motorcycle Related Forums > Clean & Sober
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 05:45 AM   #1081 (permalink)
IronButt

xandvphyle wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbumper7 View Post
Looks to me like you came up with some words, and some good ones!

There are times, not so much now as earlier, that I just seem to take a big leap from meeting to meeting because I'm barefoot and don't want to burn my feet on the hot pavement. Meetings help me to be somewhat comfortable in all my confusion.

I heard some time ago that in order to be in "recovery", a very popular word in our circles, I have to know what I am recovering from! Made sense to me! If I don't figure that out, I'm bound to repeat the behavior, and I do. Good thing they say "progress not perfection".

The more I go to meetings, the more I can't help but look at my behavior, and also to look at the part alcohol and drugs (both taken by me and others) have played in influencing it. Therefore, my behavior hopefully changes in a healthy way, through working the steps, and I am "recovering" from my old behavior and the situations and people I put myself (or was put) in and around. The whole time this is happening, I am around people who have been exactly where I am, mentally, spiritually and physically. What a blessing.
words of honesty and wisdon IMHO in the last two posts pretty good combo!

mechanics; SE Pipes and K&N and SE housing with stage one download, V&H fuelpak
add ons; a few for eye candy; a few for function
Amsoil in all mechanical orifices!
goin' on 36
xandvphyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2012, 11:05 PM   #1082 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

ccperf wants to know Dino or Syn?
How's everybody. Being home on a Friday night feels a bit odd.

Been a rough week. Had an employee make a mistake that left most of a piston in the oil pan and the connecting rod through the cylinder on a Ford V-10. In a van no less. Found the smashed 7mm socket that went down the plug hole, haven't been able to locate the employee since. So not only do I have to pay for his mistake, I have to do all of the work to fix it. Not real happy about that. Basically cost me Sturgis this year.

My girlfriends uncle had a stroke a few weeks back, so she's been taking care of him and his kids until he can get back to somewhat of life. She wasn't ready or equipped to deal with that situation so I'm paying a little for her unhappiness as well. I've been dealing with disabled father for the last 6 years so I know exactly how she feels, but there isn't anything I can tell her that will make it any better. It's a rough situation for anybody but you gotta do it for family.

Needless to say, the heavy bag and weights have been getting a lot of use this week. Haven't been able to get a mindset to work on my bike or do much of anything. Just waiting for scales of Karma to re-balance so I can move forward again.
ccperf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #1083 (permalink)
IronButt

Conolon Kid wants to know Dino or Syn?
Reminds my of a saying I once heard that goes a little somthing like this.

"God never gives me more than I can handle in a day, but sometimes I wish he didn't have so much faith in me."
Old 05-02-2012, 12:20 AM   #1084 (permalink)
IronButt

Buddy Seat wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conolon Kid View Post
Reminds my of a saying I once heard that goes a little somthing like this.

"God never gives me more than I can handle in a day, but sometimes I wish he didn't have so much faith in me."
I can relate.. But good to just know GOD loves us..

8.13.93 ODAT
Old 05-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #1085 (permalink)
Still a Diva

Road King Diva wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Seat View Post
I can relate.. But good to just know GOD loves us..

8.13.93 ODAT
Yes, it is! "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life". - John 3:16.

A perfect love, sacrificial and without condition. We turn to Him for help and find He is there, and has always been there, and He loves us. I'm so thankful that He makes my sobriety possible today.

Road King Diva

http://www.v-twinforum.com/gallery/s...0&ppuser=56857[/SIZE]
Road King Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #1086 (permalink)
IronButt

pjciii wants to know Dino or Syn?
never know how much i needed HIM until he was the only place to turn with my drinking. it still took a while to develope a relationship and faith in the beginning was like dipping my toe in the water. i had run the world for to long and was not sure it could survive without me. but like i have heard "the only thing i had to change was everything". loving life just being a servant.
patrick
Old 11-16-2012, 08:17 AM   #1087 (permalink)
Phemus

steveusmc wants to know Dino or Syn?
Hey guys....I hope this finds very one healthy and still sober....or very close to sober. A lot has happened down here in Pensacola in the last number of months...grand kids and dogs still keeping me so busy. Have a brand new grand daughter over in Conroe, Tx.

Please drop a line when you get a chance. I will always be grateful for the fellowship and support I discovered when I started this thread over 2 years ago..... My email is Stevelind@aol.com

Please send pics or anything you can. Lynde...always great to see you. I will fix my spelling when I go back to your comments. :-)
steveusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:19 AM   #1088 (permalink)
Phemus

I tried to say....."I hope this finds everyone healthy...." IPad tries to correct words and phrases that re not wrong.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:55 AM   #1089 (permalink)
Phemus

Hey everyone....it's been a YEAR. I would really like to know how you are all doing. We are fine here in Pensacola. I have another grand baby....a little girl over in Conroe, TX. Okay...please jump in and share how you are staying sober.....or how you are walking the path to try your best.....Hey, if we fail sometimes...we just get up, dust ourselves off, and keep walking. If we don't even try....then what?
Old 10-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #1090 (permalink)
Premium Member

Nazzdak is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveusmc View Post
Hey everyone....it's been a YEAR. I would really like to know how you are all doing. We are fine here in Pensacola. I have another grand baby....a little girl over in Conroe, TX. Okay...please jump in and share how you are staying sober.....or how you are walking the path to try your best.....Hey, if we fail sometimes...we just get up, dust ourselves off, and keep walking. If we don't even try....then what?
Congratulations!

I'm into my fifteenth month of 100% sobriety.

What works for me is simplification. No matter what happens or how I feel, all I have to do is not drink today.

So far, so good.
Nazzdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:33 AM   #1091 (permalink)
Banned

Michael Psycle is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveusmc View Post
Very nice to hear. I wish you well.
Michael Psycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #1092 (permalink)
Viel Vergnügen

vindex1963 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Steve that's such good news!!! I'm happy for you and happy birthday.

Please vote for Ride of the Month

Have a question about the site look here.

2004 Victory Vegas
2009 Ultra
vindex1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #1093 (permalink)
IronButt

Location: Discovered in 1904 by the Germans it's German for whales vagina.
Gunny4Sawx is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Good to hear you are doing well Jarhead. Your journey is ongoing and educational.

There is no profit in Peace.
Gunny4Sawx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:18 AM   #1094 (permalink)
Phemus

Hey everyone. I'm sorry I have not been in here for awhile. For the FIRST time in my life I have REAL sobriety. I have had a lot of "days" not drinking before but was not truly sober and honest with myself and the wonderful people who helped me get sober....and that includes many of you in here. Thank you.

I have some very serious and upsetting family issues going on. (Health and marriages are fine) I could have "hidden" in alcohol but the situation worked the other way. I have found that I have zero desire and zero thoughts about the booze. Funny how God works sometimes. It took a family crisis to lift my desire for drink.

Would sure like to hear from all you guys who have been in here since I started this thread quite awhile ago and from new friends too. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and have a very blessed 2014.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:12 PM   #1095 (permalink)
IronButt

Location: Discovered in 1904 by the Germans it's German for whales vagina.
Gunny4Sawx is reading this now saying WTF is this?
Thanks for the update Steve. Doing well here with prayer, honesty and working a program.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

There is no profit in Peace.
Gunny4Sawx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement