Boar Motorcycles? : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Choppers and Customs General Discussion
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2003, 03:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
FNG :)

mutantrc wants to know Dino or Syn?
Boar Motorcycles?

Anybody out there own or ridden a Boar Motorcycle? I used to work for the company and I am interested in any info. about how the bikes are doing and where some of them ended up. Thanks.
mutantrc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2004, 09:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

edgarcheetham wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutantrc
Anybody out there own or ridden a Boar Motorcycle? I used to work for the company and I am interested in any info. about how the bikes are doing and where some of them ended up. Thanks.
I have a Razorback Boar. Bought it new in 2000. Had to change a few parts but it's the best looking bike on this side of the Patuxent River. Mine has that wild paint job with sort of a celtic motif, blue, black, silver, purple and a bit of read. The bike is a head-turner.
There is another black one around here somewhere. They were sold by Wayne Hicks in Mechanicsville, St. Mary's County, Maryland. I also saw one for sale in Fort Lauderdale at the Auto Toy Store.
edgar
edgarcheetham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2004, 02:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Hey Edgar:
Glad to hear you are enjoying the bike. I had some of the best times of my life building the Razorbacks when I was with Boar. Ted, Brad, Doug and I tried to build each bike as though it were going to be our own. Its funny, but I can still tell which of us worked on which bike just by looking at how the wiring ties were placed, the clutch cable clamp locations, the choice of wheel spacers, things like that. I'm curious about the parts you had to change? I hope there wasn't anything major that caused you any problems. Anything I can ever do to assist with anything, let me know. Those bikes were a labor of love for those of us that worked on them; they had to be because none of us got paid squat. Also, if you run across a razorback for sale anywhere, let me know. I couldn't afford one then, obviously, but I would love to have one now. Thanks for the reply and glad to hear people are still turning heads to watch that bike go bye. We used to test ride them outside the shop in Naples, Fl. and everytime we did we would end up with a crowd of people gawking and wanting to know how much and where they could get one. Thanks again.

Jeremy/Mutantrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarcheetham
I have a Razorback Boar. Bought it new in 2000. Had to change a few parts but it's the best looking bike on this side of the Patuxent River. Mine has that wild paint job with sort of a celtic motif, blue, black, silver, purple and a bit of read. The bike is a head-turner.
There is another black one around here somewhere. They were sold by Wayne Hicks in Mechanicsville, St. Mary's County, Maryland. I also saw one for sale in Fort Lauderdale at the Auto Toy Store.
edgar
Old 03-18-2004, 11:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

What makes the BOAR such a head turner, is that it looks "special" from every angle. When you see it coming, you see a tall, skinny, shinny, springer fork with the rider's head behind the headlight. From the back, you see the monster 230 Avon with the rear fender barely an inch over the rubber and the rider's butt on it. And from the side, you see a triangle: the backbone straight from the steering head to the rear axle, the bottom rails just 4 inches from the ground, and the streched front downtubes. with the rider sitting very low thanks to the absence of a suspension, and of course the big shinny S&S 113. It spells "Custom" all the way around.

Last edited by edgarcheetham; 03-21-2004 at 06:56 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-21-2004, 09:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Twomacs4 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Boar Custom STC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutantrc

Just bought a 2000 Boar Custom STC here in Georgia. Bike was origially purchased at Daytona in 2000 at the show. Would like to talk with someone who knows these bikes.
Twomacs4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2004, 09:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

Twomacs4 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Just bought a 2000 Boar STC here in Georgia. The bike was purchased in Daytona at the show in 2000. Would like to know more about the bike and talk with someone who knows these bikes.
Twomacs4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2004, 08:33 AM   #7 (permalink)

Jeremy,
Check your Private Messages.
edgar
Old 03-23-2004, 07:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

Hey Twomacs,

How are things. Just saw your message. I didn't work too much on the Boar STCs. I still know the machine pretty well though. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help or anything I can tell you that you might want to know. I can tell you that the STCs are probably the rarest of the Boar bikes. I don't have an exact number, but there probably weren't more than 20 of them built. I think Jack built each of those himself with Vaughn. What color is yours? Did you get a good deal? Let me know what you think of it so far. Later.

Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twomacs4
Just bought a 2000 Boar STC here in Georgia. The bike was purchased in Daytona at the show in 2000. Would like to know more about the bike and talk with someone who knows these bikes.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

Screech wants to know Dino or Syn?
I just bought a BOAR but am unsure as to the model. It was made in 2000. I have posted a poto in the Chopper thread. As you were employed there, maybe you can tell me something about the model
Old 01-01-2010, 11:38 AM   #10 (permalink)

bikervasquez wants to know Dino or Syn?
boar, razorback 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutantrc View Post
if your still out there , i bouhgt one from friend of a friend.

it has the TP (Total Performance) 107 cu in motor.
bikervasquez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2010, 08:49 AM   #11 (permalink)

Clay Hayward wants to know Dino or Syn?
BOAR Motorcycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutantrc View Post
I own a 1999 BOAR I bought four years ago. Have had some problems with it.But for the most I like the bike. I would like to chat with you and maybe get some info on it. I would really like to get a book on them if there are any out there. Seams like most Harley parts work on them but would like to get to know a lot more about the bike. I live in Michigan so it made a good trip from Fla ...If you cant get me here my e-mail is The_Biker_Man_USA@yahoo.com would like to hear more on the bikes ...Thx
Clay Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2010, 02:31 AM   #12 (permalink)

Boar1 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Hi guys,

I believe that I may own the only Boar STC Razorback in the Southern Hemisphere.
I purchased my 2000 Boar in May 2009 in NewZealand and I live in Christchurch in the South Island.
My bike has a TP 124 engine and is dripping with Billit gear.
The bike is blue, silver and purple and it won a couple of shows in the US prior to arriving in NZ.
The business cards in the owner's manual are for Stephen Makuch from Naples, Florida and Clearwater, Florida.
My bike is still in immaculate condition and has travelled only 3000mls.
I have never had a problem with the bike except that people surround it wherever I take it !
It would be great to hear from anyone who loves these cool bikes.

Take care, Boar1

Last edited by Boar1; 05-26-2010 at 07:14 AM.
Boar1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2010, 05:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

rseno wants to know Dino or Syn?
2000 boar traditional

I am so glad to find ya'll. I recently acquired this bike and was searching for info. I also could not find anything till now. I could use any manuals or info for parts or repair. I know there are more owners looking for a point of contact (home). Hope we can build something.
rseno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2010, 10:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

motorheads5 is reading this now saying WTF is this?
How about some pictures so we can see these bikes please
motorheads5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #15 (permalink)

rebellionrides wants to know Dino or Syn?
only boar in the southern hemisphere

Hi Boar1

I imported your bike & set it up for NZ roads.
I also rode it for awhile before selling it & entered it in a bike show (it took out top prostreet)
I can tell you anything youd like to know, plus it'll be good to have a chat with the person that now owns my favourite bike !
FYI, its not a 124", its a 114" with the 124" aircleaner. I believe steve advertised it as a 117" when he sold it, I as going to buy it back but you pipped me to the post...
my cell is 0275428677 if you want to call.

cheers

Bruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boar1 View Post
Hi guys,

I believe that I may own the only Boar STC Razorback in the Southern Hemisphere.
I purchased my 2000 Boar in May 2009 in NewZealand and I live in Christchurch in the South Island.
My bike has a TP 124 engine and is dripping with Billit gear.
The bike is blue, silver and purple and it won a couple of shows in the US prior to arriving in NZ.
The business cards in the owner's manual are for Stephen Makuch from Naples, Florida and Clearwater, Florida.
My bike is still in immaculate condition and has travelled only 3000mls.
I have never had a problem with the bike except that people surround it wherever I take it !
It would be great to hear from anyone who loves these cool bikes.

Take care, Boar1
rebellionrides is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.