A little background first...
Bought a Hardcore II in October, replaced ignition switch, replaced Headlight, replaced marker/turn lights with LEDs. Had to track down wires in harness that were never connected originally to make most of it work. Bike runs fine, with a RevTech 110 (1800cc), 6-speed.
Ran around town a little today, got home and shut it off to open garage. Would not start. Removed seat found positive post melted a bit. Battery was rated at 310 CCA. Did a parasitic check for drainage with none found.
Seen a melted post before on a car but don't remember the cause. Am thinking the starter pulled too many amps to cause the melt. But do not know the solution other than a larger CCA rating, if that is the problem