New Chopper - Page 2 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Choppers and Customs General Discussion
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
IronButt

SchutzhundMan wants to know Dino or Syn?
Hey guys these controls here in this picture will they work better for me as far as having more wider foot space.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FOOTPEGS.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	74444  
SchutzhundMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2012, 08:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
IronButt

Rollmeaway wants to know Dino or Syn?
Eh Schutz

Trying to get a bead on what exactly was your issue with the forward controls I edited your picture & expanded the one view you posted.

If you take a look at the position of the peg alignment with your brake pedal I would understand some issues here. Adding a different peg will not do much considering the peg offset of the to brake pedal.

The spacer used between the peg & frame does not allow you to lift staraight up, your having to curl your foot to the left everytime you want to apply the rear brake.
The offset could very well be due to the depth of the airbox/breather which requires the extra space between the frame & peg. The brake pedal should be spaced out equally as is the peg to allow a smooth transition while applying the rear brake. Unless of course you like it that way

A different peg will not correct the spacing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	frwdcontrol3.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	74448  
And we rolled...... clean out of sight

Dare...

2000 FXST - Carbed
Rollmeaway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
IronButt

So what can i do?
Old 10-18-2012, 09:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
IronButt

Rollmeaway wants to know Dino or Syn?
I am wondering what you were referring to when you said

"Now i just need to find me a fabricator or online store that i can find some forward controls that are more comfortable then the ones on here".

What is uncomfortable, maybe if you could explain then maybe a proper evaluation could be made.

As far as what you could do would depend on how far out off the frame the peg has to be for your comfort. If it needs to be out that far than the only alternative is to space out the brake pedal the same distance as the foot peg.

If it doesnt need to be out that far then you could get a shorter spacer for the peg & a spacer for the brake pedal to bring them both out evenly so your foot is in line with the brake pedal right off the peg offering no hesitation to apply the brake.
And we rolled...... clean out of sight

Dare...

2000 FXST - Carbed
Rollmeaway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
IronButt

I think i might sell

I went to check on the progress of my softail today thats in the shop and she is looking good but i might still sell her anyway if the price is right.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	softail.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	74619   Click image for larger version

Name:	softail3.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	74620  
Old 10-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
IronButt

WEINERDOGBONE wants to know Dino or Syn?
Congratulations on the Chopper. I love it. I use an Independant shop for work I can't handle and they build bikes with Ultima engines. I don't have any personal experience with the engine but the guys at the shop swear by them.
WEINERDOGBONE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2012, 11:12 AM   #22 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEINERDOGBONE View Post
Congratulations on the Chopper. I love it. I use an Independant shop for work I can't handle and they build bikes with Ultima engines. I don't have any personal experience with the engine but the guys at the shop swear by them.
Thanks for the compliment.If you know anyone interested in the exhaust on here which is vance/hines please send them my way.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:00 PM   #23 (permalink)
IronButt

blubyubusa wants to know Dino or Syn?
schutzhund

Definitely off topic.................. Are you still training dogs. It has been several years since I have done anything with them. I live in South Carolina and when I moved here I sort of ran out of people to work and train with. I did a B on a number of dogs and a B, I and II on another. Sold him to a police department (it was never play for him, he wanted to hurt someone and he bit every officer on the force) before I could get the three on him. I really miss the training sessions. I hope you are doing well and are still able to enjoy it. I thought about sending you a PM but did not know if you would mind. Again, best to you with dogs and bikes.
blubyubusa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 12:30 AM   #24 (permalink)
IronButt

Out Of The Shop

Hey whats up guys,just got my softail out of the shop here yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	softail1.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	74962   Click image for larger version

Name:	softail2.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	74963  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO THE ADDRESS YOU PROVIDE. If the email address is NOT VALID, you will not be given access to the system!
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.