Buying a custom built bike - Page 4 : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Choppers and Customs General Discussion
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 07:41 AM   #46 (permalink)
IronButt

Rollmeaway wants to know Dino or Syn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickstar321 View Post
Wow... I never heard all the "sewing machine" noise before... sure seems loud on the video... but never noticed it before... ?

Video
Eh Rick

If there are mechanical noises your concerned about I would check the oil pressure to make sure it's up where it should be. I dont know if you have a mechanical guage installed or not but that would be a good way of keeping an eye on it.

AS for the Purple crap it would be a dull azz world if we all rode black...
And we rolled...... clean out of sight

Dare...

2000 FXST - Carbed
Rollmeaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #47 (permalink)
IronButt

shovelmike wants to know Dino or Syn?
Hi Rickstar

As a fellow Missourian I wanted to jump in and say hi.
I read your thread with great interest, nice bike.
You have a great son, much reason to be proud of his service in the Marines.
Ride safe and God bless, Sincerely: Shovelmike
Old 10-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #48 (permalink)
IronButt

Rickstar321 wants to know Dino or Syn?
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelmike View Post
Thanks Dave, I'm lovin the purple lol :-)

I don't have a mechanical guage but might look into that... I've checked the oil, it's good to go, I think it is just the way the microphones in the I-phone pick up sound :-)

Purple rocks!
  • 04 Custom built Stretched/Raked Daytec Frame, Stretched tank, Deuce front end, 21" Front tire, Evo 1340, S&S Shorty E, Supreme Legends Fwd Control, 2 1/2" Samson Pipes, Oil Cooler... (My Pretty Weekend Cruiser) + more!
    My Custom Thread
  • 04 Vstar 1100, lowered, Dragon's Breath pods, Cobra Dragsters, (Daily rider 90 mile round trip to work where it gets covered in slag dust!)
Rickstar321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #49 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Thanks Mike :-) Back at cha!

What part of MO are you from?
  • 04 Custom built Stretched/Raked Daytec Frame, Stretched tank, Deuce front end, 21" Front tire, Evo 1340, S&S Shorty E, Supreme Legends Fwd Control, 2 1/2" Samson Pipes, Oil Cooler... (My Pretty Weekend Cruiser) + more!
    My Custom Thread
  • 04 Vstar 1100, lowered, Dragon's Breath pods, Cobra Dragsters, (Daily rider 90 mile round trip to work where it gets covered in slag dust!)
Old 10-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #50 (permalink)
IronButt

shovelmike wants to know Dino or Syn?
I live in the sticks outside of Peculiar, MO ,South of KC.
I have found that certain mics pick up odd sounds that I don't usually notice. I'm accustomed to hearing a considerable clatter from my twin cammer, further amplified by the batwing fairing.
I have older Harleys too, and ignore the noises unless they change in character or are accompanied by signs of trouble such as low oil pressure or poor performance.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #51 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
I live in the sticks outside of Peculiar, MO ,South of KC.
I have found that certain mics pick up odd sounds that I don't usually notice. I'm accustomed to hearing a considerable clatter from my twin cammer, further amplified by the batwing fairing.
I have older Harleys too, and ignore the noises unless they change in character or are accompanied by signs of trouble such as low oil pressure or poor performance.
My Sis and Bro in law lived in Clinton MO for a few years, they were youth pastor / music ministers at the AOG church there.

It sounds like I need to put an oil pressure gauge on my list of items to aquire :-)...

... But like I said, I've never noticed all the "clinking" until I watched the video later... I think it's just the way my phone recorded it :-)

So far I'm super happy with the bike! Couldn't beg a sweeter ride that the one it gave me last Saturday over to Paris Landing TN.

You have a very beautiful grand daughter there in that picture :-)... a million dollar smile :-) looks to be one of those contagious laughs that pulls everyone in to it with her :-) You are very blessed in deed :-)
    My Custom Thread
Old 10-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #52 (permalink)
IronButt

My son and I riding right before he left for the Marines, and my mean little nephew... lol...

Just a couple more pics of my Purple baby :-)

My Custom Thread
Old 10-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #53 (permalink)
IronButt

Great thread Rick .... I have enjoyed every post.

Cheers ....

Dare...

2000 FXST - Carbed
Old 10-07-2012, 10:51 PM   #54 (permalink)
IronButt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmeaway View Post
Great thread Rick .... I have enjoyed every post.

Cheers ....
Thanks Rollmeaway :-)... I thought about creating a new thread "Bought a custom built bike"... but then I think I'd find myself referring back to this thread lol... and besides... I'm sure my adventure with this bike has just begun!

So how's the weather up in you neck of the woods? I've been all over western Canada but have never been in you area... lots of good riding up there?

OH and my name is Rick... I hate to keep calling you Rollmeaway... lol...
    My Custom Thread
Old 10-08-2012, 07:39 AM   #55 (permalink)
IronButt

Where I am its mostly flat land. East of here is more sceneic, north a couple hours even better. Lots of good riding, the road I am on is twisy for 15 miles which follows the Thames River.
its actually 37 here this morning typically this time of year low 60's for a high.
Eh Rick my friends call me Dare.

Dare...

2000 FXST - Carbed
Old 10-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #56 (permalink)
IronButt

Yeah I'm in the Mississippi delta, all flat land for 45 minutes in any direction, but after that I can get into some rolling hills for some nice riding. My ride to work is a straight as an arrow flat ride for almost all of the 45 minute ride, boring but still a de-stresser for those rides home :-).
My worst obstacle in this area are the plague of dragon flies and mosquito's lol... I'll be covered in them by the time I get home. It's not so bad as it gets cooler but in the summer, especially at dusk... it's bad bad bad.
    My Custom Thread
Old 10-13-2012, 12:49 PM   #57 (permalink)
IronButt

I've been looking at some of the builds in this discussion... I definitely think at some point I am going to disassemble my bike for a rebuild, definitely work some mods I want to make to her. A lot of learning and studying to do :-).
    My Custom Thread
Old 11-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #58 (permalink)
IronButt

Some new pics and vid of the new ride...
This was a great day of riding in the back hills of Tn between Dyersburg TN and Reelfoot Lake, we stopped at Cross Point memorial, it has a great view for miles over the TN country side.

http://youtu.be/We-T_HM36lY
    My Custom Thread
Old 11-04-2012, 07:10 PM   #59 (permalink)
IronButt

I just had to add to your thread Rick & tell Ya .... that is one sweet ride ya got there. Damn Clean as they get.

Cheers ...

Dare...

2000 FXST - Carbed
Old 11-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #60 (permalink)
IronButt

Thanks Dare :-)... I have to say I am very happy with the new machine :-)
    My Custom Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement