Buell Blast Running Issues... : V-Twin Forum: Harley Davidson Forums
» Sponsors

» Insurance
Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums > General Discussion Forums > Buell Family General Discussion
New User? Register Forgot Password

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2006, 10:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Barbsnewrider wants to know Dino or Syn?
Buell Blast Running Issues...

Hey everyone. I've got a problem with one of my safety course bikes. Its an '04 Buell Blast, and it likes to die. What happens is you start the bike, it idles for a while, kind of racing, if you will.. and then it just dies. the acceptable range of idle rpm in the service manual is 1200 to 2000 rpm's. I'd say its just at 2k, or a hair above when its idling. Then you try to restart the bike, and it just cranks. Cool it down, and it starts again no problem. but, then it dies again. We have a auto-enrichener on order, but I'm not sure thats the problem. We've replaced that ridiculous intake/carb boot that hates life. and the plug is good, and there's fuel.

1. HAs anybody had this problem?
2. Anybody replaced their auto enrichener?
3.Could it be possible the tank is not venting properly, and no fuel getting to the float bowl after the initial fuel in the bowl is used up?

Barbsnewrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2006, 06:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Just a kid at heart

wydeglyde wants to know Dino or Syn?
We've had problems with the auto choke, but I don't think as bad. Hard starting for sure, but dying after a few minutes, haven't seen that.

We have seen bikes that have been on their side soak the air filter with fuel and running like crapo. Maybe pull the a/c for a look.

Good luck

12 Road Glide Custom
wydeglyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

On this particular bike, It hasnt been driven long enough to be dropped by anyone on the course. Not in a while anyway. The thing is tho if the filter were dirty, shouldnt the bike have not run in the first place. The way you described the filter to be anyhow?

One thing we havent checked I know, is if the vent tube from the fuel tank is clogged. I believe theres a one-way valve in the actual hose. Anybody know about that?

The auto enrichener came in tho. I'm gonna go ask if its been worked on yet.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
IronButt

JMynes wants to know Dino or Syn?
The Blast is simple, but it has known issues, the carb boot being the most famous.
Go to www.badweatherbikers.com
Click yourself into the Thumper forum.
You will find more info on the Blast than you ever wanted to know. There are several very knowledgable guys who frequent that board, and I doubt you will present them with a "new" problem.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Hey thanks, I just signed up over there. checked my email and saw your reply, lol. I'll be back.
Old 06-07-2006, 02:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Rider

Ok, we got the auto-enrichener, and it was broken when we got it. After being told for another week that It was again on order , i actually had to have it ordered because nobody had done that yet. Still waiting...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement