V-Twin Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · hippie
    5,095 Posts
    morning chum!! hope yer doing well.. ya know,,, we,.... you, g, sett, malx, myself and any others oughta make a plan to enjoy a gathering on this side of the world next season.. just a thought.. be safe and swear often! heh heh

· self banned
    5,979 Posts
    I haven't tried an inversion table. Currently I am very limited on what I can do and how I move. hmm, maybe strapping the wife on it could allow a return of some much missed activities! lol

· Premium Member
    852 Posts
    Happy new year Dave. Struggling with my back also, just bought an inversion table and am currently making my backcrackers retirement more secure. Looking forward to the meet this summer BTW as long as I don't have some emergency with the store or the tennants. Did you try one? Is it possible to strap the better half on it? LOL!~

· Premium Member
    852 Posts
    Hey Dave- man I'm sic of the weather. This has cost my apartments quite a few bucks in heating and repairs etc. Just set the all time record for January for snow. Might get it for the year too, more on the way. did you get your servers up in Wisconsin, must be severe weather over there too. I found out my engine for my snow thrower, a Troy Bilt, is actually made in China. Sucks. Had to go "OLd Skrewl" and drill the main jet to get it to run rich enough. LOL. I'm just lucky to have a two stage machine, need to buy a plow for the hunting quad. Ahar says he will be back.

· Premium Member
    852 Posts
    Once again we are two survivors, cold and alone after the "Great Christmas Eve Massacree". Weren't we in the same situation in 2010? Merry Christmas Dave! Off to shovel snow with Buster.

· self banned
    5,979 Posts
    We have been OK, waiting for spring, long winter. Just had a very bad blizzard a few weeks ago.

Our favorite area was Bar Harbor, we stayed at the "wonder view inn" it was pretty nice and a great location. The ride around the park and up Cadillac MT are beautiful.

if you will be in the south part any time, let me know. maybe we can hook up at Bentley's http://bentleyssaloon.com

rkc

· Premium Member
    852 Posts
    Hey Cole how you been? OL and I are thinking about Maine this summer. Any places yoiu recomend?

· Premium Member
    852 Posts
    Hey Cole, I walked into my dealer last Friday and saw an 08 EGlide with 7000 miles on the floor. The guy who traded it in on a new anniversary 13 was waxing it with a rag. He went on and on about what a perfect bike it was and so on. The little guy on my shoulder said don't pass it up! So I put a down payment on my credit card LOL! He called me at home and said to check the bags for some "goodies" So I unlocked them and found the backrest, a new headrest, and some bag liners. Yeah I know I should have looked but I just threw all my stuff in the trunk and rode all weekend, over a thousand miles and tuned ti up LOL). So then I went to the old dealer where he bought it to pull the service records and found out it wasn't a stage 1, it had a race tuner! I called him and he had the disc and adapter, said to come get it. Unbelievable.

· Premium Member
    852 Posts
    Happy New Year! Spent a few days down your way over the Holidays. Came back to miserable cold, gray weather. Ahar PMd me. I asked if he can come back I hope to get a reply. Told him he is missed. Damn R&P forumn. Last I heard he may be "Gone". Hope not. PM him.

· Registered
    59 Posts
    I grew up in Southie last lived in Bridgewater- retired and moved here on the coast in NC. Bought at least three bikes at Monty's...

Mike

· Premium Member
    852 Posts
    Well I beleive we get a big amount of satisfaction in owning our bikes from how they look to us and true duals look great. It is also undeniable that they sound much better, and if you don,t have a radio....I will have dual headpipes this spring for sure. The fact that you get a bump in HP also helps. BTW I agree that the backpressure of quiet baffles absolutely helps torque loss. My Kerkers are their "touring" muffs and they dynoed at 98 ftlbs so I'm sure i'll be more than happy. I have about 80 hp and I am sure the TDs will help with that but not as much as the heads will. With your heads and the 26s you probably got 100. You probably have about the best combo out there from what I've read. I think I got a dose of fleas from"Coco". It was worth it!:hystria:

· Premium Member
    852 Posts
    Hey Cole-Ilike your true duals. Am looking at the Chrome works/ s&s powertunes but will have to modify the cross under mount standoffs to clear the progressive brace. Any issues with the V&H duals. They actually are one of the best looking TDs. Did you lose torque or is that internet BS? I have 203s and want to get my heads done this spring. Got a local guy, Bishops performance who's well thought of in Detroit. Are heads worth it, or is it only noticeable at redline? Iknow with the 203s I won't hit 100hp but being in the 90s would be nice.

· Registered
    24 Posts
    RKC, got your visitor message. I was in from 3/75 to 3/79. I spent the first two years at Station Port Isabel on South Padre Island, TX then the last two years in Gulfport, MS on the Point Estero. I kick myself daily for not retiring. Oh well.

· Premium Member
    852 Posts
    RKCole Iwas just at the VA and we talked about the shoes. We called them Corfams or something close to that. Mine were double soled because I was on "Regimental Staff".

· Beyond Redemption
    472 Posts
    Hey RKC. The Robert Duvall pic is related to the movie Days of Thunder. Tom Cruise whines about being crashed, and mentor-type RD tells him, 'Nobody crashed you, nobody hit you, nobody spun you. He rubbed you. Rubbins racin." or something like that.

Glad you appreciate my attempts at humor, through imagery. Thanks. Be well.

's all good.

· self banned
    5,979 Posts
    btw, I tried the harley bars that said they didn't need new wires or anything. The hand position was terrible....They are sitting in my garage...

· self banned
    5,979 Posts
    Hi, I think they were 10inch chubby's. I "think" I did have to re-wire or extend the exixting wires. I do remember that the connectors come apart easily. I ran the wires up through the bars. The re-wiring was not that bad. I did have to get a longer clutch cable and brake lines which added to the cost and trouble. If you have the stock pipes, these while have to be partially removed to change the clutch cable...

· Registered
    30 Posts
    just saw the picture of your bike and i was wondering what kind of bars you have on it? i have stock police bars on mine and id like to have something a little different but nothing extreme. i like the look of yours, also did you have to re wire or could you use the stock wires?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…