V-Twin Forum banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Registered
    171 Posts
    Durwood I just put a 31t pulley on my 11rk if you still need stock pulley you can have it for shipping $ Butch

· Registered
    145 Posts
    Durwood

How would you compare Comps SB Chevy lifters to S&S lifters. I have read that a lot of people would not even think about putting a car lifter in a bike. Mostly due to the fact that bikes run a lot hotter and are air cooled. The question would be can the lifter handle the heat? I have built a lot of street rods over the years and have used a lot of Comp parts. They do make a quality product and I would not hesitate to use them in any hot rod project.
    Can these lifters do the job and last just as long as any bike lifter? Would you set them up the same way as you would any other lifter from S&S or any other manufactures lifter? The savings is only $57 is it worth it and why are not more guys using them in their builds?

Thanks
    Bruce
    (Brew61)

· Premium Member
    1,810 Posts
    Hey David, I have the stockers in mine but I am going to get a set of comp lifters in it,probably this winter.. I didn't know of the issues when I had mine apart..
    Congrats on the new Shark!!!!

· Premium Member
    394 Posts
    Hey Daren, how's it going? Haven't heard from you in a while, hope everything is going well. Was curious if you changed out the lifters when you put in the 204's. I broke down and got a new Road glide custom in August and am going to do some cams sometime between now and spring. My V-Thunders seem to be holding up well in my 117 so I was thinking about maybe getting a set when I do cams just for peace of mind.

David

· Registered
    2 Posts
    I'm short of the 10 required post that is required to post on the forum for sale folder...but interested in the seat. Can you send me some pics to monte.smith1@ntin.net thanks ?

· Registered
    745 Posts
    Thanks for the info. on jets for my bike. I do know when we put the Mikuni on the tech that did it changed fattened it up becaue of the motor work but I don;t know what he put in. I also rember that by looking at the plugs with the stock jets the front looked good and the rear looked lean. But as you said it's hard to tell now days. I do think the MPG should be better. If I were to go with a programable ignition and advance it a little will my MPG go up also? Or do you think it best to drop the jets down a little? I don't ride in the mountians only a couple times a year but this summer i will be at 10,000 ft and I want it to run decent anyway. I know with a carb it not gonna run up there like my FI bike but it really did laid down in the Smokeys. As far as jets do you know what comes with the mikuni 42 that would tell me what to order to start.
    Thanks for you help Jeff
    bayourk@aol.com

· Premium Member
    248 Posts
    Durwood - what did you end up with for numbers on your build? I'm curious how the 575's did with the +4. What was your static CR and did you check CCP before and after the +4?

thx - Mike

ps - I swear I'm going to leave well enough alone, but if the RIGHT cams came by my window I might have to change them over the winter!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…