V-Twin Forum banner

Handlebar PN for 2005 Dyna Superglide

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  murphdog 
#1 ·
Hello,

I want to replace the stock handlebars on my 2005 Dyna Superglide Custom with an exact-match chromed version. I don't want to do 3rd party bars quite yet and have to relocate the speedo - and I like the way they fit me (although up 1/2 inch and closer 1/2 inch to me would be nice).

Anyway - the dealers in my area can't figure out what the original part number is, and since there are a couple of replacement bars referencing different stock numbers, I'm not sure which ones to order. You'ld think the dealers could find this easily, but they can't.

Anyone know what the PN for the original stock bars are?

Thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
Klang said:
Hello,

I want to replace the stock handlebars on my 2005 Dyna Superglide Custom with an exact-match chromed version. I don't want to do 3rd party bars quite yet and have to relocate the speedo - and I like the way they fit me (although up 1/2 inch and closer 1/2 inch to me would be nice).

Anyway - the dealers in my area can't figure out what the original part number is, and since there are a couple of replacement bars referencing different stock numbers, I'm not sure which ones to order. You'ld think the dealers could find this easily, but they can't.

Anyone know what the PN for the original stock bars are?

Thanks!
The dealers might try looking in the parts book. The '05 Dyna parts book on page 85 lists the following PN:

56004-00 is for FXD, FXDI, FXDC, AND FXDCI

56079-93 is for FXDWG and FXDWGI

56081-01 is for FXDL and FXDLI

56085-82A (Black) is for FXDX and FXDXI

There is a part number reference table in the big HD catalog that has the bars shape parameters.

#3 · (Edited)
Klang said:
Hello,

I want to replace the stock handlebars on my 2005 Dyna Superglide Custom with an exact-match chromed version. I don't want to do 3rd party bars quite yet and have to relocate the speedo - and I like the way they fit me (although up 1/2 inch and closer 1/2 inch to me would be nice)
If you want HD bars with a little more rise and pullback... try the Softail Standard bars. They were in the 04 parts catalog as a "reduced reach" option for the Superglide. I put them on my bike and have been very happy with them. No more leaning forward... can now sit straight up or slightly back. I am 6 ft. tall with long arms and the stock bars sucked for long trips.

The Softail Standard bars are fairly cheap (around $50) and will not jack up your speedo like risers will. I even used the stock brake line with a little modification/bending.

I'm pretty sure you can get the bars in chrome also, but if the local HD dealer can't even give you a part number for stock bars, good luck with them.

Any other dealers or Indy's nearby?

#4 ·
Chrome Softail Standard bars are 56154-04. The chrome Deuce bars 56330-00 are nice too, a little narrower at 30" and 3/4" more rise than the Standard bars. I had a set of the Deuce bars on my Wide Glide for awhile until I decided I wanted something with even more pullback. I don't see any chrome FXD bars in the catalog that match the number 84FXRP gave.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.