V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Be Careful Before Deciding To Make Stuff
» Sponsors

Go Back   V-Twin Forum : Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Forums
New User? Register Forgot Password

View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 03:07 PM   #25 (permalink)
luvstoride
A.K.A. Harry Bawls

luvstoride is still riding a stock bike luvstoride is still riding a stock bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah93003 View Post
I'm sure I'm not the only woman with skills, but these stories are....sad. Hanging pictures, etc. with proper anchors is not difficult. I have a friend whose husband is an excellent mechanic (Sheriff by profession) but the guy can't swing a hammer to save his life. They own two rental properties. She and I have completely gutted their kitchen, redesigned it, and built everything required. That goes for the rest of her house as well as the two rental properties. I will admit that when people drive by and see two blondes in the front yard operating chop saws and table saws we get "double takes".

At my sisters house, she and I pulled up the existing carpet, nailed down any sub-floors that has squeeky spots, and either put in bamboo flooring or tile. I also built a custom 3 1/2' by 8' Island with built in stove, cook top, etc.

The blunders at her house were done by men, not by us. One guy attempted to build the island. It had two built in ovens. I discovered the reason one oven didn't work properly was because the ding-dong cut the thermocouple and the oven was running full power. It could have burned the place down. Later, her boyfriend lived with us and tried to convince her she needed about a dozen GFCI plugs, which are expensive. He got all offended when I told her she only need one per circuit. I finally, after much screaming back and forth, got him to read the instructions that come with the GFCI.

So, I've seen guys to some pretty stupid chit in my time as well as women. If a person cares enough to read directions, go to YouTube or any other source for tips, they will do a good job.
Well, at least most of the work was in the kitchen, where you belong.

Brotherhood. It's alive and well.
Click here only if you are my good friend.
Cyberstalking: How little bitches become "real men".
luvstoride is offline   Reply With Quote