V-Twin Forum banner

Pipe pics

274K views 480 replies 309 participants last post by  Dime 
#1 · (Edited)
I talked to people, did alot of poking around online and wound up buying the cycle shack phd-140-t pipe and muffler all one piece. they sound great and look close to stock, which I like, just smaller muffler. well what I'm getting at is there are probably alot of people that could of saved some time if they had some pics of other peoples pipes to see here. so here we go post some pics of your pipes. add what you have to make this easier. I since starting this thread have changed to SE torque slip on mufflers.

2003 FLSTCI with Cycle Shack PHD-140T

See less See more
#3 ·
these are my screamin eagle slip-ons...the solid ones not the ones with the end caps.....I have the additional heatshield that covers the complete muffler on as well.....they are slash cuts.....they sound great.

#4 ·
brownjams said:
I talked to people, did alot of poking around online and wound up buying the cycle shack phd-140-t pipe and muffler all one piece. they sound great and look close to stock, which I like, just smaller muffler. well what I'm getting at is there are probably alot of people that could of saved some time if they had some pics of other peoples pipes to see here. so here we go post some pics of your pipes. add what you have to make this easier.

2003 FLSTCI with Cycle Shack PHD-140T

Thanks for posting the pics, they look nice. How about seat of the pants feel, sound? Do they have heat shields, removeable baffles?

How much? Where?

I've been looking at pipes lately, V&H, Thunderheader, Samson. Open to suggestions, for good looks, midrange performance, They have to be nice and loud with a good tone. Don't want any blueing issues either.

Thanks

Don

#5 ·
Here are the Vance and Hines Oval slip-ons on a 2003 Road King Classic....

Tony :cool:

#6 · (Edited)
And Samson Ground Pounders on a 2001 Dyna Wide Glide....loud, unbaffled, oh....and did I mention loud!!!!!

Tony :cool:

#12 · (Edited)
Exhaust

Tried a few pipes along the way.

1. SE Slashcut slipons (nice low end -quietest)

2. V&H Bigshot Staggered (nice high end range -loudest)

3. White Bros. E-series 2-1 (tunable thru range fairly quiet with tq plate on)

4. Cycle Shack slipons (nice low end -nice sound)

The e-series is my favorite of them all.

95 CI
SnS 570G
Custom Heads
DTT
HSR42
Fueling

#13 ·
Vance and Hines Big Shot Staggerd on 02 FatBoy.

Nice deep sound. Switched from SE II slipons. VH's are louder at idle but stay pretty much the same at WOT. SEII's got WAY louder at WOT.

#14 ·
65436 said:
Tried a few pipes along the way.

1. SE Slashcut slipons (nice low end -quietest)

2. V&H Bigshot Staggered (nice high end range -loudest)

3. White Bros. E-series 2-1 (tunable thru range fairly quiet with tq plate on)

4. Cycle Shack slipons (nice low end -nice sound)

The e-series is my favorite of them all.

95 CI
SnS 570G
Custom Heads
DTT
HSR42
Fueling

great pics, thanks
what about all the extra pipes what did you do with them?

#18 · (Edited)
V&H Pro Shots HS

Here is a shot of my Lowrider with the V&H Pro Pipe HS

#22 ·
Sporty

Here is a sporty that I sold when I bought my WideGlide.

It is a '95 with Cycle Shack Slashcuts. I was very happy with the price, and results in regards to the Cycle Shacks on this bike.

Fangar

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.