V-Twin Forum banner
H

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Premium Member
    1,047 Posts
    Apologies for the delay in responding. Private Message works better since an email is generated advising of the PM is sent.

If you send me your email address, I'll send you a Word document with the wiring information and part numbers.

FWIW, when I repainted my bike last year, I installed a civilian interconnect harness in place of the police interconnect harness and the add-on wiring I'd installed for the handlebar controls of the radio, oil temp gauge, cruise control, etc. You can check with the HD parts book for 2008 Touring models and the police supplement to confirm that your main wiring harness p/n is the same for the civilian model EG. If it is, then removing the police interconnect harness and replacing it with the civilian version is easy and will make adding the BT module, cruise, etc. far more convenient--wish I'd done it initially, but didn't know I'd add the other stuff when I did the radio wiring.

Carl

· Premium Member
    8 Posts
    You mentioned in a 2007 post, that: "If you would like the part numbers for the audio plug, connectors that carry the wire inside the plug, the pin part numbers that go into the handlebar connectors, and/or the wiring assignments for the plug or handlebar switches, pm me and I will be happy to supply them."
    I would love that info! I have the biketronics retro kit for my '08 FLHTP, and would love to do hand controls, but I didn't really like the idea of the stick-on switches offered from Biketronics. I have thought about getting the switch kit boxes from Harley, and trying to retro stereo switches in those.
    I would appreciate any assistance you may offer.

Thanks,
    Trapshooter0624
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…