V-Twin Forum banner

Please recommend the most obnoxious exhaust

24K views 46 replies 33 participants last post by  stranger7953 
#1 ·
Looking to replace the stock exhaust on my street glide. Definitely want dual exhaust no ghost pipe. I want the loudest deepest sound possible. Ideas ????

#8 ·
You want obnoxious, try the Paugcho upsweeps they will let you & everyone else know at what position ya got the throttle

#13 ·
golfinds and others - I've been following this thread for several days now I've got a serious question. What is the appeal of having the loudest pipes possible? If I remember right, stock pipes are about 82 decibels. My Cycle Shack pipes are about 90 decibels I believe. Straight pipes I've been told are about about 120 (my figures could be off). At 90 decibels, I think I am pressing my limit as to how much I want to disturb my neighbors. Why go for super loud pipes?

#20 ·
What's really obnoxious is the noise bylaws that this stuff causes. seems like the bylaws are never reasonable either, they always seem to require near stock noise levels. I guess if you make a point of pissing off people they have a right to retaliate huh, and there are more of them than us. That's the price of playing "hey look at me". Some people are slow learners.

Just saying

Disco down

#23 ·
I had Thunderheader slipons stock header pipe and the neighbors offered to buy me new exhaust. I have to say they were too loud for riding under any conditions you couldn't hear the tunes and your ears rang after a little cruise. I sold them to a friend and he took them off after a 200 mile trip.

#28 ·
It's true that loud's easier to hear than quiet, but...

As has already been pointed out, 'screw the neighbors' is a blind, stupid attitude that causes US lots of trouble.

But... you go, gir..., uh, outlaw.

joe

#30 ·
I think "obnoxious" is related to the rider.Almost any exhaust can be obnoxious if you try to be,revving when stopped,etc.I've ran a thunderheader on my dyna for the last 10 years,plus have one on my new bike.I have yet to hear a complaint from anyone,anywhere,and I've been all over this continent on the dyna.

but then,I usually stay off the throttle late at night or early morning around residential areas,and don't unnecessarily rev.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.