V-Twin Forum banner

FXR t-shirts

20K views 71 replies 22 participants last post by  monkeyboy 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay guys. The FXR t-shirt/sticker thread kind of died so, I'm going to revive it by actually going into t-shirt production. I've contacted a company about making some shirts for those that show interest in them. We can get 100% cotton US made shirts with or without pockets in a a variety of colors. $16.99 for pocket and $14.99 for plain. The logo will be embroidered on the left chest (just above the pocket). I just need to know what logo to go with.

1:

2:

3:

4:

See less See more
#4 ·
Number 2. My next choice would be number 2. Then number 1.

If you end up going with number 3, ask them to put a space between the two words.

Did you ask about the cost of patches?

Whatever happens with this, thanks.

joe

#6 · (Edited)
Did you ask about the cost of patches?

joe
Cost of the shirt includes the embroidery work.

Ooops. Just reread your post. No I didn't ask about patches. Not sure if they do patches. But I'll ask about them tomorrow. I'm thinking they only do clothes (jackets, shirts, t-shirts) but I'll see what they say. Good idea Joe.

#15 ·
monkeyboy - Thank you for all your efforts. When it comes time I will order one. I generally try not to pick up any more tee shirts as I have enough to last several lifetimes. But FXR tee shirts are special. Here is the last FXR shirt I got through this forum.

#21 · (Edited)
I'm not convinced embroidery is the way to go. My experience with embroidery on a t-shirt has been less then desireable. It's hard to get the detail you'd get with a screen print or DTG print, especially being small. It usually puckers (even with the backing) with the t-shirt being so thin. And how many washings will it hold up to?

A heavy patch for a jacket or vest would hold up better in my opinion.

I'm out of town for the next day or two, but when I get back I'll post a picture of the shirt I had made. It's picture #1, 14" wide, on the front of an ash grey t-shirt.

It was done at Big Frog's on a DTG (direct to garment) printer. I've had a number of shirts done the DTG method. The print is softer and holds up better then screen printing. But the best part is there is no set-up fee and you only have to buy one. The store near me doesn't do black shirts, but a lot of the stores do. s-xl is $15.99. larger sizes are $18.99, with an extra 5 bucks for printing on both sides. The more you buy, the cheaper they get.

~Pete

#26 ·
I think at this point I'm going to hold off until we hear from BigPeet. It was his idea originally and he seems to have a better source for printing options. I'll agree that embroidery is probably not the way to go on t-shirts. Patches yes, shirts maybe not. I am going to contact a guy that does some work for us about stickers so keep that in mind. Until we hear from BigPeet my end of this project is on hold.

#28 ·
I'm right there with BigPete. Embroidered T-shirts don't hold up well. The more detail in the threads the worse it weathers. I have a really nice button up shirt that had some stuff stitched across the shoulders, it held up well because of the weave of the material. Same stitching on a polo shirt made of T type material was a disaster. So if you really want embroidered shirts, we need to upgrade the shirt.

I'm thinking silk screened is the way to go with the T's and save the embroidery for patches.

With that said, I would screen #1 across the back and then use #2 just above the pocket/pocket area.

If nothing else, it's good to keep refining the logo's. We really need to set up a data store where we can put the tiff files and save this stuff where people can get to it. You artistic types are working with tiff quality files, not the jpegs we see on the forum?

#30 ·
I should have a picture of mine on here by tommorow.

IMO the bar and sheild take-off has been overdone. You see that on everything.

For anyone that doesn't know, #2 & 3 are a take-off's of the name tag on the fork cover of some FXR's. I just thought it would be kind of a cool inside thing that only FXR guys would know. Oh yea, I have a bumper sticker of #2.

And we haven't decided yet...I'm sure there are some more good ideas still out there.

~Pete

#42 ·

This shirt was made with a DTG printer. It's just a large inkjet printer, and as such, does not print white. If you want the graphic to pop, like the artwork on post #1, you need a white or ash grey shirt. I just happened to have this darker grey shirt when I was at the printers. That's why it doesn't look as bright.

It doesn't look that big because I am, but it's 14" wide, the max on their printer. Other places have printers that will print 19"X22".

Some places can do black shirts also. They lay down white first, then print on top.

The best part is you only have to do one shirt, where most screen printers have a set-up fee and at least a couple dozen minimum.

The print is soft (you can't even feel it), and holds up to a lot more washings than screen printing.

I've designed and had made about 8-10 shirts and had them printed in the last few years, and they all still look great.

Google DTG printing and your town, and I'm sure you'll see one locally.

The shop that does mine is called Big Frog and they are a national chain.

Oh yea, that's a bumper sticker I'm holding.
~Pete

#46 · (Edited)
BigPete, I've looked around here for someone local to get this stuff printed (using DTG) and I might be coming up empty handed. Still have a couple of places to look at but, I won't be able to get to any of them until this weekend. Any chance we could combine a couple of the designs?

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.