V-Twin Forum banner

Ultra Limited 2010 v 2012/13

9K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  luvmyUltraLimited 
#1 ·
Was/is there any major changes in a FLHTK from a 2010 and the new 2012/13 line up. There are a few 2010's out there for decent prices and low unmolested miles that I could consider.

What happened to the model between 2010 and '13...

#2 ·
2012 0wner

I have a 2012 and my brother in law has a 2010. Both of us have been told there has been NO CHANGES. We have compaired them more than once. We feel the 2012 handles better and we cant really say why, just like the 12 better. The only difference is he has 25,000 more miles. As far as the 13s I am not aware of any changes.

#3 ·
The suspension front and rear was tweaked and 2011 the breather was improved under the rocker boxes. I had a 09 Ultra and I liked that suspension more then my 2012.

#4 ·
I feel the major up grade was the breather in the heads. Supposed to stop oil vapores out of the air filter that would drip oil... I believe 2011 started the SE compansary sproket which is better than the original.Anything else I'm not familiar with or just hav'nt heard...

#5 ·
The only differences in the 12 & the 13 is colors and of course price...lol

#7 ·
I'd really like to find a private party, low mileage, used 2012 but all I see on Ebay and Craigs list are bikes from dealer rental fleet. Fug that...One dealer I saw an 2012 ultra limited at wanted $21,500 with 20k miles (rental miles). They probably bought the bike from HD for not much more than that, made $50k on rental (do the math) then sell it off...not a bad deal...for the dealer. LOL

#8 ·
plongson;
I had a 2010 Limited,Red/Black, went through a couple compansary sprokets, then my frt wheel started peeling the chrome off and Harley customer service wouldn't warranty it under the existing 2yr warranty, I got so discusted with them I got rid of the FLHTK, and ended up with a 2002 FLSTS and a 2001 FLHT Standard.. I'm happier than ever... Good Luck.. No more new Harley's for me..

#9 ·
No more new Harley's for me..

Funny you should say that. Every time I climb on the RoadKing, I think "What are you thinking dude" I REALLY like this bike and have it dialed in just the way I like it. Actually, I probably wouldn't get rid of it, I'd just have two bikes. You can only ride one at a time, so what's the point...

I think I'm just dreaming anyway, that is so much friggn' money.

#11 ·
I stopped to get an oil filter for the RoadKing and...look at bikes. Holy crap, talk about sticker shock a new 2013 Ultra-Limited has a sticker price of $29997 plus tax and license...The 110 Anniversary edition was $1000 more *&^COUGH!@#^.

That would be pushing $35k out the door

Ahhh...I don't think that is happening.

#13 ·
Very few minor changes between 09 and 13 as stated. I suggest you look for good deal on a low mileage 09 model. If you want, you can update the head breathers and compensator for a few hundred bucks. That's what i did on my 09 Street Glide. I prefer the 09 models because they don't have cats in the exhaust, unless it's California bike.

#19 ·
I paid 22,600 for my 2012 Limited this past Sept. plus tax,I guess its something to do with the size of the 2013 allotment.

#21 ·
Yep, I totally agree. I love my 09 flhtc. There is a ton of difference between your 05 flhr and and a 09 or later flht. I am sure you would not be sorry if you make the change. If I were you I would look on ebay, find something close enough to go look at before you bid. I have had good luck doing that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.