V-Twin Forum banner

New Chopper

4K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  SchutzhundMan 
#1 ·
Well this is my first post in this section due to the fact that i bought a chopper.:clap:

It has the 113 ultima motor and 48 carb and boy does this thing have torque.

I don't know a whole lot about the ultima motors so can you guys tell me what are some of the things i can do to take care of this motor, what problems to watch for and try to prevent.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Very sharp bike!!! Must be fun to turn the handle. :woohoo:
Did you get it new?? How many miles?? A little more info please.
Enjoy your new ride. :clap:

#8 ·
Sweet looking ride!

What's up with your FWD Controls? We need close ups :)

#9 ·
If your lookin for forward controls to match the Pro One Triple Trees & the Pro One Lower Missile Legs you have on your bike take a look at either the Pro One site or the Accutronix website. They work side by side on alot of projects. Alot of their improvements overlap one another.

Nice Ride - Nice color

Here is link to the missile lowers which may help you out during serviceing
http://www.pro-one.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/MissileRocketlegs.pdf

#17 ·
Eh Schutz

Trying to get a bead on what exactly was your issue with the forward controls I edited your picture & expanded the one view you posted.

If you take a look at the position of the peg alignment with your brake pedal I would understand some issues here. Adding a different peg will not do much considering the peg offset of the to brake pedal.

The spacer used between the peg & frame does not allow you to lift staraight up, your having to curl your foot to the left everytime you want to apply the rear brake.
The offset could very well be due to the depth of the airbox/breather which requires the extra space between the frame & peg. The brake pedal should be spaced out equally as is the peg to allow a smooth transition while applying the rear brake. Unless of course you like it that way

A different peg will not correct the spacing.

Attachments

#19 ·
I am wondering what you were referring to when you said

"Now i just need to find me a fabricator or online store that i can find some forward controls that are more comfortable then the ones on here".

What is uncomfortable, maybe if you could explain then maybe a proper evaluation could be made.

As far as what you could do would depend on how far out off the frame the peg has to be for your comfort. If it needs to be out that far than the only alternative is to space out the brake pedal the same distance as the foot peg.

If it doesnt need to be out that far then you could get a shorter spacer for the peg & a spacer for the brake pedal to bring them both out evenly so your foot is in line with the brake pedal right off the peg offering no hesitation to apply the brake.

#23 ·
schutzhund

Definitely off topic.................. Are you still training dogs. It has been several years since I have done anything with them. I live in South Carolina and when I moved here I sort of ran out of people to work and train with. I did a B on a number of dogs and a B, I and II on another. Sold him to a police department (it was never play for him, he wanted to hurt someone and he bit every officer on the force) before I could get the three on him. I really miss the training sessions. I hope you are doing well and are still able to enjoy it. I thought about sending you a PM but did not know if you would mind. Again, best to you with dogs and bikes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.