V-Twin Forum banner

Headquarters

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Rollmeaway 
#1 ·
What happened to Headquarters? You never hear anything about them anymore. I see they still have a website but take no phone calls, only internet orders. Essentially send money, I send parts...with no direct interaction.

I remember Doug was a real crab and he and his partner (his name escapes me) split, but what is he doing?

I have the HQ34g in my FLHRCI and it runs great, but because of the odd grind, it was a bitch to tune.

Just wondering about them...

#3 ·
In my estimation Doug seems burnt out. They are only 45 minutes from me but when I tried to speak with Doug it was all about him & no one else. The level of arrogance is going to be the monkey on his back. I refused to deal with him because of it.

#4 ·
They've moved to what I would consider a much less customer friendly system, a Yahoo forum and email. Doug and Kevin had a big falling out and last I knew Kevin was not longer an authorized reseller of HQ parts. I've had 2 HQ builds, a 95" and my present 120, I have been happy with both. If I was to build another one I think I'd try something different for a change.

#5 ·
I cruised over to the link I had for headquarters and found the Yahoo forum thing going. I started to sign up/in and said screw it, i'm not that interested in what's going on in Doug's world.

I'm just running a HQ cam with a mild 95" build, using heads by Dewey, but against everything HQ preached, it runs like a raped ape, and it has now for about 35,000 miles.

I have my sights set on maybe getting a 2012 Ultra-limited and if I do would definitively use a more "user friendly" cam. Reversion seems to be a real issue with the HQ stuff...Don Dorfman would sure be on the list though, I had great luck with his heads and machine work.

#7 ·
Eh Plongson

I am somewhat on the same wave, I went 95", when I contacted HQ he was all for doing my heads out for me but was also one-minded. Everythig I asked seemed like I was bothering him, unfriendly is an understatement with a whole chit load of arrogance attached to it.

Then when he asked me what I am doing for a cam to support the heads I told him I already have a set of Andy's 37gs sitting waiting the phone went dead.

Some do some dont ... listen to the air trapped between his ears but most dont

#6 ·
Last June I decided to put in a HQ cam after months of cam research, not knowing any of this beforehand. I called them and talked to a lady, forget her name, who is the mother of a lady I talked to 10 years ago when I had a Sportster. She is now married, moved to NJ, has 2 kids and doesn't ride any more so her mother took over. I then e-mailed them and received a reply from Doug the next day.
Put in the HQ-575, springs, and black ops lifters and I am happier than a pig in slop.
If they don't answer the phone or respond to email that is something new.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.