V-Twin Forum banner

First shovel build

43K views 121 replies 28 participants last post by  CAT3 
#1 · (Edited)
Bought this bike last weekend in boxes. Super cheap. Has clear title. Pictures you see are after I started pre-assembly too make sure I had all the parts and also to figure what parts I'll selling. Motor was a fresh build to a 80 cubic inches, solid lifters, dual plug per cylinder motor, fresh built 4 speed tranny (kick start). Paughco hard tail frame. Narrow Glide front end. Anyway enjoy the pictures and I'll try to update as much as possible.

See less See more
#96 ·
Thanks! Agreed, I like the round oil tanks on the bobbers too. Hopefully I'll get some video this weekend. Had to remove the transmission to adjust the shift timing.

Turned out great man proud for ya.

Glad to hear the FXR is staying. I'm almost done putting mine back together after going all the way back down to the frame.
:D Thanks! Looking forward to seeing the FXR back together.

#98 ·
Some updates:

Removed the vintage style oil filter canister and replaced with a spin on type. Will be much less of a mess changing filters and the "Vintage" style one did not seal as well and vibrated like hell.

Also decided to add a speedo. However did not not want the speed on the bars. Don't really need a speedo, but wanted it to keep track of mileage on the motor and trans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.